Author Topic: Fears  (Read 3498 times)

Offline Jordan Ramirez

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Aim for the bushes?
    • View Profile
Fears
« on: July 16, 2009, 10:58:13 AM »
Ohayou!  I'm just asking a quick question.  Has anybody else ever gotten cold feet about doing some of the movements and just stayed away from that particular movement?  As an example, I want to try precision jumping, but I can't seem to get over my fear of falling down.  I just want to know if anybody else has had this problem and how can I solve it?  I really want to improve my technique and become a better Traceur(spelled wrong?) myself.  Arigato gozaimasu!
-Formerly known as PhreshToast!

--I AM....THE J-RAM

Offline Brian Dayton

• Patas
  • It's always good to change your perspective.
    • View Profile
Re: Fears
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 12:14:35 PM »
For precisions, the best thing you can do is start out jumping short distances (3-4 ft). and low heights (about 1 ft.) and work on that until you perfect your technique. Then slowly increase the height and distance of the jumps.
I'm gonna show you how great I am.

Offline Jordan Ramirez

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Aim for the bushes?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 01:56:42 PM »
Ah!  I also heard that from other people I have been talking too.  That really seems to be a way to help, now I just have to craft a mini-rail as shown in Demon's Drills >:D

Thank you for the help!!

--I AM....THE J-RAM

Offline ParkourBoy217

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 05:57:21 PM »
Parkour is about conquering your fears.
S217s

Offline Yow

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 06:20:48 PM »
Yes it has happened when I am about to make a jump or try a flip.

Practice at ground level. I don't think there is any other way to conquer your fear except doing it. You don't have to do it right away but with practice you will feel more comfortable and the moment you feel ready then you can try it. If you succeed then good, if you fail then you know what to improve the next time

Offline Tyler Voels

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 07:50:23 PM »
i get scared easy like i havent even dont a dive and roll yet dont know wat to do :(

Offline Impulse1990

• Patas
  • Limits are meant to be passed
    • View Profile
    • Youtube account
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 08:19:36 PM »
i had a moment today where i couldnt gainer off of something, idk why, ive done it countless times in the gym not even with pads, just couldnt do it. gona give it a shot next time though.

Offline J Kyle Smith

• Mangabey
  • The pakour scientist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 05:32:19 AM »
I suffer the same fear as you, and I've been doing parkour for 4 months. I finally managed to start fighting my precision fear yesterday when I did a precision between two rails over 1 foot tall. I felt amazing :)

The one fear I personally struggle with is my fear of clipping my feet when I attempt to do a diving kong any where out side of the gym. That's something I will be struggling with for a while it feels like.

Offline Impulse1990

• Patas
  • Limits are meant to be passed
    • View Profile
    • Youtube account
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 07:58:36 AM »
I suffer the same fear as you, and I've been doing parkour for 4 months. I finally managed to start fighting my precision fear yesterday when I did a precision between two rails over 1 foot tall. I felt amazing :)

The one fear I personally struggle with is my fear of clipping my feet when I attempt to do a diving kong any where out side of the gym. That's something I will be struggling with for a while it feels like.

I know what you mean dive konging is kinda terrifying outside of the gym.

Offline Cheryl-MimiIBlonde

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Simple girl, big city. Oh what to do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 08:12:55 AM »
Well, this all certainly cleared up a lot for me. :) I'll be keeping up with this thread for a while. Glad I'm not the only one, but glad I'm one of the many out there.
I am strong; I am fast; I am a traceur; Think you can out run me now? Sure, you use the obvious path, but I will use the fastest.
Obstacle? What obstacle?
21.6 pounds lost! 50 more to go!

Offline J Kyle Smith

• Mangabey
  • The pakour scientist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 08:55:18 AM »
Parkour is all about over coming fears. Just keep up the good work and you should gain confidence in yourself in no time.

Offline Jordan Ramirez

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Aim for the bushes?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2010, 08:42:09 PM »
Well, even though I've been having some troubles of my own, I came back here and omg you guys were right haha. I really did just go out there and tried a bit harder and really ate the earth, but got over it. I used to be afraid of kongs and precisions, but now they are effortless! Thanks for the tips.

--I AM....THE J-RAM

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 05:29:28 PM »
Well, even though I've been having some troubles of my own, I came back here and omg you guys were right haha. I really did just go out there and tried a bit harder and really ate the earth, but got over it. I used to be afraid of kongs and precisions, but now they are effortless! Thanks for the tips.
thats good to hear
Determination is the wake up call to the human will. Remember that.

Do you think Lance Armstrong gave up? No.

My Youtube(:

You're fearless when you recognize why you should be scared of things, but do them anyway--Christian B

Offline theCammerJammer

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 10:04:25 PM »
The thing is to keep total confidence,if it seems too crazy then IT probably is!
But there are always fears...sometimes phobias.For example:I was being kinda retarted when I was a newbie.
I was on the elementry school of my brothers, running unsafe on the roof when I came to this part where I was about to jump and roll.
This wasn't all that crazy because the wall was only 6 feet! and the landing zone was nice grass! But I conqured my fear and now I can jump that little ledge a million times ;D