Author Topic: APK members and other traceur(euses), visiting from out state?  (Read 15504 times)

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour

Hey if you are visiting Hawaii, we would love to train with you. HIpk has an open door policy to all visitors from anywhere in the world.
 Just let us know in advance so that we can set a session while you are here. Things we would like to know.

Name - State (PK Community) Visiting from - Date or arrival - Your planned availability for training - If you got any media (pics vids) you would like to share with us.

We will definitely do our best to set a session up.

Also, some of us might be able to host, something to keep in mind if you just want to venture a trip to train with us  ;).
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

Offline Matthew Wang

• Total Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • July 1st, 2008 - My first day of training
    • View Profile
Re: APK members and other traceur(euses), visiting from out state?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 11:28:59 AM »
Matthew - From Washington State - If I do go to Hawaii, sometime around the 2nd-3rd week of August.

I have no idea how open I'll be for going to jams and training. So far the vacation trip hasn't been completely planned out. I don't have any pictures or vids because I'm a noob. Hopefully I can go train and learn a thing or two from you guys.
http://www.washingtonparkour.com/
Need something Washington Parkour related?
matt@washingtonparkour.com
washington@americanparkour.com
10 PUSH UPS OR 5 PULL UPS PER POST

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 12:06:30 PM »
Please let us know WHAT ISLAND(S) you're coming to.

Ozzi and 90% of the guys live on Oahu. A few Maui. One on Big Island [so far]. A few Kaua'i [but they haven't been active on the forums].

90% of the pavement is on Oahu. Honolulu is the only "official" city in the entire state. If you come to the Neighbor Isles, they're more small town, even rural, desert or jungle. Depends where you go.

Offline Matthew Wang

• Total Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 09:20:03 AM »
I'm hoping Oahu, but that hasn't been planned out yet. We're still deciding between Hawaii and Utah....  [WTF]

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 11:06:43 AM »
Hey guys, I got a call from DOm from montral. He is coming to town at the beginning of the 2010.
Here is his email.

Quote from: =topic=18818.msg222184#msg222184 date=1247764803
sup ozzi,

i'm looking forward to training with you and your clan. i'm aiming for the first two weeks of january 2010. i would be in Hawaii the 25.12.2009, but have 5 days of lifeguard training first. then it's 100% of my time (and soul) for HIpk. so my dates are 25.12.2009-15.01.2010. i would really appreciate if you could set me up a place to stay, but i don't want to cause any inconvenience. in fact, if you have good trees i don't mind sleeping in those;)
if you can, let me know approx what my budget should be. thx
peace

I can host him for a few days but he will be staying a couple of weeks. If anyone has any floor space, or any help they can provide I am sure he would really appreciate it.
 Ghandi

Offline Matthew Wang

• Total Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 03:41:27 PM »
Hey, bad news from me. My pops decided that Utah is the place to go :-\

Maybe some year. Unless you guys are heading up to Washington for the National Jam towards the end of August....

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 04:14:13 PM »
I am going to be at the Denver one on thursday.
 Ghandi

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 03:24:30 PM »
http://www.wizardpub.com has some of the best reviews. Why? They aren't being paid by the activity provider/ condo owner/ restaurant. They're [sometimes brutally] honest. Sometimes they're just brutal?

They upset a lot of people on Maui, because visitors would read their guidebook, then walk through people's property, or get hurt or killed doing something stupid [being at the edge of a tide pool during high tide/ high surf]. Places that were once "special" now get 300 cars per day.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 03:38:18 PM »
For those who need something CHEAP. http://www.mauihostel.com/reservations.html

MAUI REVEALED review
Solid gold value

The Banana Bungalow
(800) 846-7835 or (808) 244-5090
310 N. Market St.

27 units, hot tub, coin-op laundry, game room. For a hostel, they have a lot of extra services, such as free daily tours and hikes, free snorkel trips to Black Rock in West Maui, free Wi-Fi, free drives along the Hana Hwy, etc. They also have free coffee and Friday night parties with free beer. Pretty impressive. They have a strict rule--no Maui residents. You have to show them an out-bound airline ticket or a foreign passport. No minimum or maximum stay. Clean, small rooms and shared baths. BYOT (towel). Lots of spirit here. The neighborhood is not the greatest. Dorms are $27.50, private rooms are $65 for singles, $75 for doubles. Prices include tax. Monthly rates available. In Wailuku.

FROM THE OFFICIAL SITE:
Dorm                                    $25
Private Single*(1 Person)    $59
Private Double* (2 People)    $68
Private Triple** (3 People)    $77
Monthly Dorm Rate    $575 cash only
Surfer Special Monthly Dorm Rate***    $450 cash only

*Private rooms come with 2 twin beds or 1 queen bed and do not have private bathrooms.
**To fit a third person in a private room, we place a futon on the floor. Three people may want to stay in a dorm room, where everyone can have a bed.
***Must present owned or rented gear to receive rate. See the Surfer page for more details.
NOTE: You must be 18 or older to rent a dorm bed.

Including tax, credit card rates are $28.50 for dorms, $67.50 for single privates, $77.80 for double privates, $88.25 for triple privates, $575 monthly dorm rate, and $450 surfer special monthly dorm rate.

Offline b2c

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 09:21:06 AM »
hello, my name is benny, im visiting from san francisco bay area (SFPK community)

im staying for 1 week in Mililani 94789

i just arrived yesterday 12/02/09

i probly should have posted ahead of time but i was didnt have internet access for a while.

is there anyone who can come jam with?

look here on my youtube you can get an idea of who i is.

http://www.youtube.com/user/b2c2552

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 08:53:14 PM »
Hey bro, would love to have you jamming with us. SO bad you are only staying for a week. When are you leaving and can you move around, maybe we can plan a session for you.
 Ghandi

Offline b2c

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 09:16:04 PM »
Hey bro, would love to have you jamming with us. SO bad you are only staying for a week. When are you leaving and can you move around, maybe we can plan a session for you.

thanks, your hospitable-ness means alot. wut sux is that is so beautiful here but my dad's apartment is in Mililani, the middle of nowhere basically, far from the beaches or cities.

i cant drive, my dad has a car but he works until 4pm on weekdays. i dont know the place well enough to take public transit without getting lost :(

maybe we can have a jam on this weekend 12/5/09 - 12/6/09 ? i dont know where is good place, but weekend i can pretty much meet u guys for a jam any place on this island.

and also if anyone can jam during weekdays can come find me maybe we find spots in mililani?

my cellphone is 510 525 2369 gimme a call for jam ok? thx :)

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 12:09:11 AM »
I have some important things to take care for this weekend but I am sure some of the guys might be down for some training. Hope they treat you well
 Ghandi

Offline b2c

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, 07:28:30 PM »
im gonna stay a few more days so i can attend  the HIPK saturday weekely session and also the sunday semi-monthy sessions this comming weekend : 12/12/09

maybe ill see some ppl there?  :)

Offline Æric

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 05:18:29 PM »
Hope you guys are still paying attention to this thread xD
I'm planning on going to Oahu for spring break this year. Hopefully I can gather around enough money but as far as I see it, it's a go.
Here's the info:
Eric Scouten - From New York (~60miles South of Rochester) - shootin for 4/15/10 to 4/24/10 - I'll be ready to train at anytime, its what I came for =) - No media
If you guys know where I can find a cheap(in price) place to stay in Oahu or can spot me a place, please reply right away or get at my email at the end of this post =) Anything is appreciated.

As for my parkour history, I started doing parkour back in Summer 2009 but my motivation to continue faultered for a few months and now just recently I'm beginning to get back into it, as long as the snow isn't that bad xD I should be back into shape before I come for my trip and I knew a few vaults and what not, but I never had a chance to utilize them in a "flow" like manner. I graced the concept of Free Running with the palm spin, but that was pretty much it. I didn't have many friends who were at least as consistent as I was back then so I've learned and practiced a lot of what I know alone. If I make the trip, the experience for me especially will be a tremendous motivator and just having the chance to meet you guys would be a pleasure.

Email: auronold@gmail.com

Thanks! Hope to hear from you soon

Offline Sala

• Patas
  • Cell:230.4570 Hit me up! We go Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 06:11:03 PM »
Wow. Cool to hear youll be coming down. and for quite a while to :D

uhhh as for a cheap place to stay errgh im not really adequate in that field....train places however i can point out x]

hopefully oz or someon else can point something out
If we cant make love, we can always make peace. Cant we?

Offline Æric

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 07:29:14 PM »
I'm sure someone might know around here. Lol if not, well I'll have to do some rigorous research about the area or just save a buttload of money so I know id have enough for something. xD I might miss a few days of school, but its the cheapest flight and its nothing that I can't make up aye.

turtlekarma

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 10:17:55 PM »
I'm sure someone might know around here. Lol if not, well I'll have to do some rigorous research about the area or just save a buttload of money so I know id have enough for something. xD I might miss a few days of school, but its the cheapest flight and its nothing that I can't make up aye.

http://www.hostelsaloha.com/
When gabe (the guy who writes Rise) came down here for the national jam I know he used this hostel (I dropped him off at it)
about $20-$25 a night.  I can't host you since I'll be out of town for most of those dates, but maybe someone else can.  Hostels are pretty cool place to meet fellow travelers, I met the staff at the Honolulu international branch when I dropped off gabe and they were pretty cool.  Your biggest expense will be airline ticket and food monies... unless you want to got out clubbing a lot it shouldn't be too expensive.  could you tell us more about what you specifically want to get out of this trip?  that would help us point you in the right direction.

Offline Æric

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 03:49:38 AM »
A few reasons why I choose Hawaii in the first place (And not Myrtle Beach, South Carolina; its where everyone from here goes for Spring Break) is more for just the adventure. I've been in the East coast for my entire life so far so I'm some what curious about going to the West coast. Likely on some of the days, I'll absorb much of the scenery because we have nothing like it over here.

As for parkour, HIPK was the primary reason I was inspired to start in the first place(funny because I'm from New York) and it wouldn't hurt to absorb some insight from you guys. Overall just the experience of practicing with other people who are interested in parkour should be able to motivate me even more to stay with it.
Kind of short on time this morning, so sorry if this isn't really exquisite or anything xD

turtlekarma

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 04:17:19 PM »

Kind of short on time this morning, so sorry if this isn't really exquisite or anything xD

cool, thanks for sharing.  Just to let you know...not everyone from the original HIPK group still train here in HI.  Ozzi, David, Richard, JC, and some other guys still here...but Adam and others who were around at HIPK birth have moved away or dropped out of the scene.  We've got a nice little community here, from my perspective there's lots of I guess you could call inter disciplinary stuff that we do as well as pk...lots of hiking, going to beach, and general adventuring.  So if you're expecting a all urban playing, you might be surprised how diverse HIPK is in our interests/activities.  I'm surprised you need any motivation at all to train coming from NY...there's a HUGE pk scene up there with NYPK, Jersey PK, Long Island Pk, and even Phili PK.  They've got several professional groups as well as us mere mortal traceurs/ses. 

Anyway, I really hope you can still make it down for spring break...we look forward to meeting you!!!
I DO have some other questions...more out of curiosity. Answer if you feel like.

1.  How old are you ?
2.  What's your background in "movement"?  like sports, martial arts, dance, general monkeying around?
3.  You in College? 
4.  What do you do outside of pk for fun?
5. Motivation for doing PK?
6. Where do you train mainly?  on street, in gym?