Author Topic: A Fors...to be reckoned with?  (Read 1519 times)

Offline aaronfors

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
A Fors...to be reckoned with?
« on: July 12, 2009, 09:00:23 PM »
Just your friendly neighborhood autie here.

I've never actually been one to keep a journal before, but here we go!

My name is Aaron.

My goals are myriad, and intensely varied, however, I shall keep the purposes of this journal directed predominantly towards my physical endeavors. My lifelong dreams of becoming the worlds first piraninjat must wait for a later journal. *yar*

So, let's get to work shall we!

Name: Aaron Fors

Height: 5"6

Weight : 135.5

Experience: Tae Kwon Do-1stdb, Kung Fu-1stdb, Ju Jitsu-1stdb, Archery-recurve-5yrs, Boxing-3yrs, Stunt Work-rock climbing, rappelling, falls, tight rope. Various weapons, Swimming,  

Weakness: kittens, coldstone ice cream *by the gods, let me taste your delicious gooeyness*

So....About 5 months ago, I began my descent into the heart of madness. *or fitness, but madness sounds nifty.* >.<
So here are my current goals.

My permanent diet since January 30th 09 has consisted of fish, chicken, and turkey. Avocado, walnuts, dark greens *such as spinach and collards*, tomatoes, sharp citrus, *grapefruit, lemon* beans, and peas. I love to cook, and have really gotten to know my spice cabinet since restricting my salt intake. I know things about spices no man should ever know. *shivers dramatically* I use olive oil in lieu of butter, and balsamic vinegar in mass quantities.

My workout schedule assumes a requisite four hours a day of vigorous exercise, minimum. Some days I spend more time, usually when I feel I am *so damn close* to reaching a goal, or am enjoying the fruits of past workouts. Others I am counting the seconds every step of the way. I do not have rest days, if one muscle grouping can do nothing more and needs time to rest, I work something else.

The nature of my career affords me a veritable profusion of free time in between auditions and jobs. I spend that time pushing my body as far as I can make it go.

Thus far I have remained completely injury free.

Approximately three months ago, two months into my new life. I began to notice certain movements and daily tasks were easier than before, oddly so.

The last time I had tried to do handstands or anything remotely related, I was dreadfully useless, and would find myself completely fatigued, panting on the floor after a short bout.

For some bloody reason, I got the idea in my head to try it again, by this time I had been spending my four hours inside a 24 hour fitness. I went into the wood floored group exercise room, empty at the time, and gave it a shot in the dark.

To my surprise, I felt strong, my control was not much better, but it was there. So I spent the rest of my workout alternating between static hold and walking. I managed to walk six steps that day.

I was obsessed, completely and entirely enthralled.

For the past three months, hand walking has regularly consumed most if not all of my workout time.

Goal one was to make it across the entire floor the short way, once that had been done, the long way, which was about five times the length, then I started making steps and obstacles for myself, I have just recently managed to make it up my stairs.

In the process of this assbackwards evolution towards hand walking, I noticed my body effecting sweeping adjustments through itself.

At about three 1/2 months My kip-ups had gotten pretty killer, a skill I could somewhat manage before hand. At about four months, my pull-endurance started to shoot up enough to where I could bore myself. I started using weight recently. I can do single rep pull-ups with 80+ pounds between my legs. I am now able to go into full chinese splits, and can slide into them much easier, I can bring my chest to my legs easily on my forward folds. *was always flexible at least* As a child my cardiovascular system was always my weakness, so eventually I had to kill that b.s. At around two months I started running on the treadmill, by three months, I could run 5.2 miles without rest. At around six miles, I began increasing my speed in lieu of further distances. At about four 1/2 months I noticed my reflexes, timing, speed, and coordination, really start to improve in leaps and bounds. Without having been working towards it specifically, I could do things with my staff and ssahng jeol bong, I never thought I'd be able to do. I was pretty gleeful, remembering being unable to kick a ball, or tie my shoes for most of my life.

I felt pretty bad ass the first day I picked up my staff after a month had passed.  :-[

Weeeell that is a sneak peek at my journey so far! I have learned sooo much, especially in regards to how little I know.
I am a huge fan of trial and error, but I am totally willing to offer any advice to those who feel I know something they would like to learn.

Here are some of my Current Goals.

No hand kip ups. *I am so damn close! nyarrh*

One hand pull-ups *thus the weighted pull-ups* currently at +80 pounds

planches/planche pushups *Also so damn close! grrr*

Flips, of all kinds. I have been fighting tooth and nail to try and find a gymnastics class, or hell just a matted area so I can safely teach myself. I recently caught a lead on an adult gymnastics class starting soon, I was told to call back after the thirteenth, tomorrow. muah ha ha.

Finding a delicious skill which works the legs as hard as hand walking works the upper body and abdominals.

I also recently acquired some hand "squeezamos" to strengthen my hands, when relaxing. yay.

Spent some time scouting freerunner friendly obstacles this morning, found a perfect area for body propping! Still looking for a good spider climb.

Well ladies and gents, there you have it....meow

P.S.
My brother and I are running the Devils Punchbowl again in the morning, third monday in a row so far, could be a cool new ritual. It's eight miles, in mostly sand, first mile is all up hill, which means the last, is all down hill. Yummy.
First time we did it in 1:35, then 1:18, hopefully we can pwn that tomorrow

Has it got any sports in it?

Are you kidding? Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles...

Doesn't sound too bad. I'll try to stay awake.

Oh, well, thank you very much, very nice of you. Your vote of confidence is overwhelming.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 09:12:32 PM by aaronfors »

Offline Shawn Meilicke

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Parkour: my anti-drug
    • View Profile
Re: A Fors...to be reckoned with?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 09:22:46 PM »
i tried to read it all

i really did

that was REALLY long dude....
sounds like you should fit in here and do good with what you plan to accomplish that

good luck, welcome to the forum
"Though all the world may hate us, we are named.
The shadow overtake us, we are known
We're more than carbon and chemicals
Free will is ours and we can't let go
We are the image of the invisible"
-Thrice

1+1=10

Offline aaronfors

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 07:22:20 AM »
Lol, it's coo, I totally talk too much.  8)

Today's the Devils Punchbowl run, heading over after a quick breakfast.

Wish me luck. :)

Offline aaronfors

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 11:54:32 PM »
We managed it in 1:14.27

Much fun.