Author Topic: Southern Metro Parkour  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Alec H

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Southern Metro Parkour
« on: June 22, 2009, 12:32:48 PM »
Does anyone know of any good spots in Inver Grove Heights/SSP/Eagan? I don't really have a car so I can't get to Minnehaha Falls or UoM.  Currently I train at the Inver Hills Community College in IGH.

Offline Matt Swanson

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • It hurt the worst when my table hit the face.
    • View Profile
Re: Southern Metro Parkour
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 09:22:47 AM »
My buddy and I hang around the lakeville area.

How good is the IGH scene?
MLIA (My Life Is Average): Today I ran by the fire dept and one of the firemen walked out and started singing,"It's getting hot in here, so hot, so take of all your clothes." I yelled "you first." And he replied, "your pole or mine?" If my house is on fire I know I'm in good hands

Offline Chad Zwadlo (Zwadloc)

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Fight or Flight Academy
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 07:23:59 PM »
I live in Eagan...not a whole lot of great stuff around here, but I'm going downtown all the time and I can certainly bring you with me some time.

Offline Matt Swanson

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • It hurt the worst when my table hit the face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 01:35:13 PM »
Just so everyone knows, Minnehaha is a bit of a bust, but Lake Nikomis and Moir Park (Minneapolis, Minneapolis, Bloomington respectively) are actually not that bad.  I haven't really scoped out any more *really* awesome places...

Lake Nikomis is kind of relaxing from what my friend and I saw of it, not too intensive, but still enough to mess around.

Moir Park has a ton of tables, rocks, bridges good for cat walks, etc.  Check it out.
MLIA (My Life Is Average): Today I ran by the fire dept and one of the firemen walked out and started singing,"It's getting hot in here, so hot, so take of all your clothes." I yelled "you first." And he replied, "your pole or mine?" If my house is on fire I know I'm in good hands

Offline Skinny

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Owner of Fight or Flight Academy in Edina MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 02:17:47 PM »
I am going to have to respectively object to your calling my training grounds a bust.  I train there the most because I live right by it.  There is a lot you can do around that area, you just need to be a bit more creative.  It isn't just handed out to you, you have to work for it.

Also, it's spelled Nokomis, just to let you know.  Where were you training around Nokomis and where is Moir park?  I've never heard of it before. 
MNPK - Covered in snow most of the year but the ground is always lava

Minnesota's first parkour and freerunning gym www.fightorflightacademy.com

Offline Joseph S

• Patas
  • Blissfully wed to a derby skater who likes Parkour
    • View Profile
    • Geek Physique
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 08:57:41 AM »
Logic Ninja,
  I do advise you take Skinny up on his veiled offer to train together in Minnehaha park.  It sounds to me like you missed something.  The locals always know what to do there. 
"Age is a constant reminder that nothing is accomplished without a routine."

Offline Chad Zwadlo (Zwadloc)

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Fight or Flight Academy
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 01:52:55 PM »
I think Minnehaha park is pretty awesome...if it was within walking distance like it is for Skinny I'd probably be training there every day.