Author Topic: 'Iron Run' Minnesota's Parkour Documentary  (Read 9867 times)

Offline Chad Zwadlo (Zwadloc)

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Fight or Flight Academy
Re: 'Iron Run' Minnesota's Parkour Documentary
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2009, 07:53:19 AM »
That will be the first week of the new schedule at gleason's so I'll pretty much be starting my classes from the beginning again, which should be pretty cool for a video taping session since it'll be lots of drills and basics.  My classes will be that Wednesday and Thursday at 7:15 - 8:45.  Also the open adult open gym will be that Wed. night from 8-10 and you'll probably be able to get some cool stuff during that too, we should make sure everyone tries to make it for that.

Offline Carcass

• Patas
  • MNPK: Duluth
    • View Profile
    • Artist & Art Educator Clark Anderson
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2009, 09:31:22 AM »
that sounds great chad, looking forward to checking the space out.

Carcass
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
-Robert Frost (1920)

Offline Carcass

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2009, 07:59:58 AM »
So I came back up to Ely with 6 1/2 hours of footage from the week in the cities and will be hard at editing it for the next several months.  If more footage is filmed by anyone and they would like clips in the film please send me a message and we can figure out how to send it to me from there.  I've just started going around and asking bands for permission to their songs, so far I have four bands who have agreed and I've sent emails to about two or three others.  Skinny, if you guys want Atmosphere's 'Shh' song then I'll need you to get in contact with him.  Besides that, I was just wanted to let everyone know how it is going.  Train well and be safe.

Carcass

P.S. When I figure out how to upload a picture on here I'll show you the graphics I've been making for the documentary.  Shirt possiblities?  Who knows.
-Robert Frost (1920)

Offline Joseph S

• Patas
  • Blissfully wed to a derby skater who likes Parkour
    • View Profile
    • Geek Physique
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2009, 11:56:32 AM »
Carcass,
  Don't forget that Cloud offered up all the video and pix from what his group shot to anyone who is doing the editing.
Let us know if you need some pick-up shots of the metro rail, pedestrians, corn crops, traffic jams, etc.  Something to give it texture.

If you are up for some ambient music or electronic house, the artist at:
http://www.socialentropy.com/
and
http://mix.pacemaker.net/ripe/mixes/
is a co-worker of mine (John Kimble) and said you could use whatever you wanted from his Flip It Out album. 

I've also reached out to a Finnish death metal band but have not heard back from them.  I have one of their studio cuts, just no permission yet. 
"Age is a constant reminder that nothing is accomplished without a routine."

Offline Carcass

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2009, 07:20:45 AM »
Pick up shots would be excellent!  I got a lot while I was down there but it never hurts to get more.  I'll talk to Cloud and see about that footage.  As for music, try to keep in mind that since the documentary is about parkour in Minnesota that I really would like bands who are from here or originated here.  Thanks for the help guys.

Carcass

P.S. Mospunk, did you say you had an in with Cloud Cult?  I emailed them about a week ago and still haven't heard back.  If so, could you see if we can get "When Water Comes To Life" and "That Man Jumped Out The Window"?  Thanks man.
-Robert Frost (1920)

Offline Skinny

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Owner of Fight or Flight Academy in Edina MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2009, 08:01:45 AM »
Just sent an email to Doomtree and Rhymsayers, I'll let you know when I get responses

***EDIT***

Just got a response from Doomtree.  They want a playlist to approve and then I think we'll be golden with them.  I'll try to put one together.  Clark, what type of mood are you going for?  Do you want a wide variety like intense songs for fast movements and calmer stuff for slower scenes?  I'll try to sample from all the members of Doomtree.

Rhymesayers will probably be the same but I did ask if we could use say shh.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 08:43:05 AM by Skinny »
MNPK - Covered in snow most of the year but the ground is always lava

Minnesota's first parkour and freerunning gym www.fightorflightacademy.com

Offline Carcass

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2009, 10:16:35 AM »
Excellent Skinny, that sounds great, I'll need a lot of variety so I can see what looks best with what I have.  Pick some songs you like and send them to me.  Also, be sure to ask them how they want us to credit their songs at the end of the film.

thanks,
Carcass
-Robert Frost (1920)

Offline Joseph S

• Patas
  • Blissfully wed to a derby skater who likes Parkour
    • View Profile
    • Geek Physique
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2009, 12:26:10 PM »
Skinny,
  Glad you had some leads.  I heard back from my contact in the Norwegian death metal scene, and she's been kicked from her band, apparently two months ago.  Something about her being too moody, I think. 
As for local, I can get in touch with October Sky pretty easily.  Or was it October Road?  I forget.  One is a movie about rocketry, the other is a local band.
"Age is a constant reminder that nothing is accomplished without a routine."

Offline mospunk

• Patas
  • Matt M.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2009, 02:12:57 PM »
Clark,

**EDIT - Message sent.  I gave my friend Josh your hotmail address to pass along to Sarah.  Keep your fingers crossed!

I'll send my friend a message on Facebook and see if he can get in touch with Sarah from Cloud Cult (They're good friends from high school).  I'll be leaving the country on Thurs and will be out of all contact until July 20 (I'll be in Africa).  From July 20 until August 20 I'll be in Europe (Norway and Germany), and I'll have internet access, so I'll check back then.  I also still have the footage from the second intro PK seminar at Gleason's back in January, and I'll try to find a way to send it to you then.  There's some great footage and some even better interviews.  Unfortunately I won't have time before I leave to get it to you though.  I don't have internet at my new house and won't get it until I'm home. 

Have a great summer, and good luck!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 02:23:26 PM by mospunk »
Train safe, play hard, and dream of flight.

Offline Carcass

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2009, 09:30:38 PM »
Here is the preliminary logo for Iron Run.  We'll see if it works out when the film is all said and done.

Tell me what you think,
Carcass
-Robert Frost (1920)

Offline Grant (LOTRFreak993)

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2009, 06:20:06 AM »
I like!

Offline Ryan Kirk

• Patas
  • Formerly Ultimatealive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2009, 04:37:22 PM »
I know I've been in and out lately (mostly out) but I'm really excited for this.  I can't wait for it to come out.

"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult."
--E. B. White--