Author Topic: Any Parkour Traceurs in Lafayette??  (Read 22130 times)

Offline Myrrh

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Any Parkour Traceurs in Lafayette??
« on: June 28, 2006, 05:08:52 PM »
My brother and I are getting into Parkour and we were looking for other people who are already into the sport. Shout our if you live near by.
Throw in sand from no man's land and I'll show you more of my cards.

Offline CyanideSoda

• Puntastic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • I didn't know you could put words here.
    • View Profile
Re: Any Parkour Traceurs in Lafayette??
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 11:18:02 PM »
He he. You just missed me by a week. A week ago i was hitting up, new iberia, new orleans, homa, and Lafatyette. Unfortunoutly i don't live there. I live in Kentucky. But i visit there once a year. Ever summer. If your still into parkour next summer, we've got to train together.

The ReTraining Logs of CyanideSoda
  Post constructive comments please.

Offline dylman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 05:33:17 PM »
 8) 8) ;D ;D i live 30 miles from houma past thiboudx cant spell french stuff

Offline CyanideSoda

• Puntastic
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 09:40:47 PM »
Cool. I might be going there this christmas break as well. So if i do. Keep a day free for training.

Offline dylman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 06:43:14 AM »
Cool. I might be going there this christmas break as well. So if i do. Keep a day free for training.
just go to vacherie like u go to laplace but when u see water tower u there

Offline Myrrh

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 03:44:44 PM »
I've been hitting up all the parks in the city.  Lafayette is a very different city when I look at the buildings and think about what I would take on during a run.  Seriously, we should get together from where ever we are from and run around somewhere.  We are the only state directly related to France, so if you want to look at it this way--we are on a closer wavelenth to the hardcore French than the rest of the Americans.

Yeah, that did sound a bit stuck up. Whatever. 

Complaint of the week: Everyone's been getting rain.  I did a run yesterday night and it was dry, but some things were a bit damp.  I did more climbing than jumping so I wouldn't get covered in mushy dirt.  I decided to swing when I was done and got the idea to flip off like I did when I was a kid.  (Non-Parkour move, but very fun.) I did everything right, but I didn't stick my landing because my feet hit the ground and the impact sank them two inches throwing me off balance and onto my butt.  My whole back was covered with dirt.  I could have planted a garden on my bathroom floor when I got home.

Things that rock: Have you seen these parks??  My God I'm having more fun than I was when I was a kid.

Idea for get together: Tag.  It's a simple game and it's the story behind alot of the Parkour vids online--jumping over things and climbing walls to get away from the idiot who's chasing you.

Offline CyanideSoda

• Puntastic
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 03:54:19 PM »
I hit up a couple of the parks in lafayette. I also hit up the big comercial area, and the downtownish area. But I mainly tore up new iberia. Downtown newiberia had a few amazing spots. And of course i had a week there, only one day in lafayette. My day in New Orleans was pretty awesome as well. I got to do parkour in some of the hurricane toren areas, and this may sound bad, but it produced some intresting situations.

Offline Myrrh

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 01:13:34 PM »
Lafayette Parkour hit Chagois Park yesterday evening.  We had so much fun that we declared it base for now.  It has an ideal setups for the specific technique we need to learn.  There was alot of, "Cool, I want to try that!" or, "What the hell are you doing!"  In the end our bodies were worn out and we escaped to poweraid and air conditioning.  It's more fun to do a run with other people, but it's difficult to get everyone's schedule to match. 

Offline CyanideSoda

• Puntastic
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 01:28:39 PM »
Eh i feel that one. It's hard to coordinate sometimes.

Offline CharlesX

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 04:15:55 PM »
Yeah I just got into Parkour about 2 weeks ago but I train every day. I live near Comeaux high school in Lafayette so contact if interested in hanging out. I havent been to any of Lafayettes parks yet, but I usually run at Comeaux even though the cops tell me not to.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 12:58:01 PM by CharlesX »
"If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles."

-Sun Tzu

Offline jmanndriver

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 09:45:14 AM »
Hey i have grandparents down in lake charles so maybe i will get to jam with u guys.
Parkour isn't a sport, it's a way of life...

Offline RuKuS

• Guenons
  • "Death Before Dishonor"
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2006, 12:07:34 PM »
hey, i live in lafayette. dt is pretty decent but the parks are where we train. u wanna come out, call me. 781-5802. ask for ninja...
Discovery is seeing what everyone else has seen, and thinking what no one else has thought.

Offline rushjunky

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 12:34:36 PM »
My brother and I are just getting involved in the sport and looking for sites to train at in Lafayette, and some technical advice. If you have time to help out lemme know.

Offline NinjaBoy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 01:15:52 PM »
My brother and I are just getting involved in the sport and looking for sites to train at in Lafayette, and some technical advice. If you have time to help out lemme know.

*superman pose* I'm the brother.

Went out to Parc de Lafayette Sunday. There seems to be plenty of places downtown, and plenty of room (low traffic) at that time. Without some sort of guidance, we're mostly in the dark. Let us know when you'd like to get together, and we might be able to work something out.

Thanks!

Offline StuPac

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Being awesome since 1985...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 12:24:32 PM »
My wife and I are actually planning to move to Lafayette at the end of this year.  However, we do still visit occasionally.  (her fam lives there)  I'll let you know when we're down so maybe we can go jam.  I'll definitely be looking for some traceurs to jam with when we get moved in in a year or so.
Yea, I'm new and I beef it all the time... it's still awesome though.

Offline JohnParkour

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Yawn...
    • View Profile
    • Parkour Nola
Parkour Nola 1st meet up 26th and 27th
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 01:35:18 PM »
Check us at http://parkour.meetup.com/107/

Consider this an invitation,  Our very first meet will be at Zephr Field N.O Fifteen mins from downtown, they have a foam floor playground running trail.  Also I may be able to bring my 10x10 gym mat.  Seeing how I dont know most of the people comming I am planning on working on fundamentals and conditioning. After that though I am planning on having a meet every week or even twice a week at differents places around the city.

Late John
It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop." Confucius

Erebus Dunasthai

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2008, 10:32:03 AM »
yeah, i live in scott, about 5 minutes from downtown and we normally hit it up on the weekends...but we live right net to scott park, so thats our normal training spot...

how about a jam or something...someone get some dates and stuff and we'll come out there..

--Dunasthai

Offline JohnParkour

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Yawn...
    • View Profile
    • Parkour Nola
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 03:14:09 AM »
That sounds awesome dude
I will be down to meet up anytime you can hit me up here or check out my site and post ther, also I have my number listed there feel free to call me up and I will com out.

http://parkour.meetup.com/107/
It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop." Confucius

Offline SilverTongue

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 01:47:14 PM »
I've been looking for some people in Lafayette to jam with, too. Anyone interested, my contact info is on my profile. :)

Offline Cody G

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 12:28:28 PM »
My name is Cody, 25, have been doing PK for about 2 years (with some breaks thrown in).  I live in Lafayette (Youngsville to be exact)  My friends and I train at Heyman Memorial Park, UL campus, and the obstacle course at Red's.  Feel free to email me at cgwscAThotmail.com (replace AT with @) if you ever want to meetup.