Author Topic: Training Log from TXPK (comments welcome)  (Read 28549 times)

Offline Grayson

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: Training Log from TXPK (comments welcome)
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2009, 02:38:13 PM »
7/13/09
-Back from family reunion where there were many pull up competitions with my cousins and uncle.

Workout: Dips-8x6x6x6
             Bench press-4x4x4x3
             Frogstand hold-60 sec. 3 times
             L-sit-30 sec. 3 times
             One handed handstand training (5 finger assist)

Diet: Breakfast-3 boiled eggs, 2 glasses of water
       Lunch-Chipotle burrito with chicken, rice, lettuce, guacomole, and pico de gio
       PWO snack-3 boiled eggs and a pint of chocolate milk
       Dinner-Genghis grill stir fry bowl: chicken,carrots, water chesnuts, snow peas, celery, tomatoes, spinich, brocolli, green beans, and a tiny bit of citrus sauce.

EDIT: I'm seeing giant strength gains, I tried tucked planche and held it for 7 sec. and a handstand press and did 1, I didn't even know I had that kind of strength! Also i can do 8 dips in a row now, a month ago I could only do 3 and my pull ups have gone from a max. of 3 to a max. of 5! Hell Yeah! ;D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 08:38:04 PM by Grayson »
I eat a lot of food.

Offline Grayson

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 07:55:10 AM »
7/14/09

Workout: Pull ups-5x5x5x4
             Weighted Chin ups-4x4x4x4
             L-sit-30 sec., 30 sec., 30 sec.
             One handed handstand training

I eat a lot of food.

Offline Spencer B

• the Romantic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ...*BANG*...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2009, 09:28:02 AM »
Skill work, ie. One Arm handstand work should be after a warmup, but before your workout for best results.
www.cracked.com
www.tvtropes.org

There are times when you want to break down and rage at the heavens. Don't. Stay calm, and let the emotions flood in, accept them and then rise above them. Never dwell. Don't fear or worry. Anything worth thinking about is worth talking about. And... Good luck.

Offline Grayson

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2009, 09:00:56 AM »
Rest day.
I eat a lot of food.

Offline Grayson

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2009, 02:56:48 PM »
7/16/09

Workout- Dips-10x10x9x9
             Bench press-4x4x4x4
             Pull ups-5x5x5
             Knee rehab exercises (quad is very sore)

I eat a lot of food.

Offline Spencer B

• the Romantic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ...*BANG*...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2009, 03:59:45 PM »
You should try natural leg curls some day... That will make your legs feel sore.
www.cracked.com
www.tvtropes.org

There are times when you want to break down and rage at the heavens. Don't. Stay calm, and let the emotions flood in, accept them and then rise above them. Never dwell. Don't fear or worry. Anything worth thinking about is worth talking about. And... Good luck.

Offline Grayson

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2009, 05:48:37 PM »
I am actually planning on trying those after my knee heals, i've heard they were hell.
I eat a lot of food.

Offline Geoffrey Gonzales

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »
Man I have to get motivated, today just quit in the middle of the workout and I don't know why. I have tons of over training problems and maybe I should just rest until my knees heal up and focusing on pull ups and handstands which are the only exercises that doesn't cause me discomfort in my knees.

Reading all the things above, which is ALOT by the way; yes I think you need some time off.
Usually, how much time (resting) do you have between the more difficult workouts?

Offline Grayson

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2009, 06:11:40 PM »
Yea I finally got over my slump a while back by taking a full week off (thanks Spencer).
I eat a lot of food.

Offline Spencer B

• the Romantic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ...*BANG*...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2009, 07:09:20 PM »
Yea I finally got over my slump a while back by taking a full week off (thanks Spencer).

No problem man. Remember, every 6-8 weeks you need 5-7 days of rest, and I think it's every six months to take 7-9 days off.

I am actually planning on trying those after my knee heals, i've heard they were hell.

Huh... They aren't that bad when you're actually doing them, but your hammies... Oh, the pain!
www.cracked.com
www.tvtropes.org

Offline Grayson

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2009, 07:16:07 PM »

No problem man. Remember, every 6-8 weeks you need 5-7 days of rest, and I think it's every six months to take 7-9 days off.

Huh... They aren't that bad when you're actually doing them, but your hammies... Oh, the pain!
I've got Osgood Shlatters in one knee and cartilage damage in the other, that's why I haven't been posting any lower body on here, but it's healing up nicely.
EDIT: was that what your "Huh" was about?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 07:17:56 PM by Grayson »
I eat a lot of food.

Offline Spencer B

• the Romantic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ...*BANG*...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2009, 08:00:30 PM »

I've got Osgood Shlatters in one knee and cartilage damage in the other, that's why I haven't been posting any lower body on here, but it's healing up nicely.
EDIT: was that what your "Huh" was about?

Slight mis-communication... The 'huh' was meant more as a guttural 'not really/I don't believe that' type of thing. In general though, the post wasn't about your knees... It was about you saying they were hell. They are difficult, but I have had to, and you will too, face worse.
www.cracked.com
www.tvtropes.org

Offline Grayson

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2009, 10:01:22 AM »
When I say "they're hell"I was kinda exaggerating  :P I just meant they were pretty hard because of some comments about them at my local gymnastics facility.

7/17/09
Workout: Tucked planche hold-7 sec., 6 sec., 6 sec.
             Pull ups-5x5x5x4
             Weighted chin ups-5x4x4x4

Good news, I went to the doctor for a check on my knee and he says 1 month till I can start jogging if the xrays keep looking better and 2 months till I can do parkour if the xrays look like its healed up.

I eat a lot of food.

Offline Spencer B

• the Romantic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ...*BANG*...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2009, 11:08:48 AM »
When I say "they're hell"I was kinda exaggerating  :P I just meant they were pretty hard because of some comments about them at my local gymnastics facility.

Good news, I went to the doctor for a check on my knee and he says 1 month till I can start jogging if the xrays keep looking better and 2 months till I can do parkour if the xrays look like its healed up.

lol

Have you read the topic I made in general fitness? Me and Chris got some ideas to make them even harder.

And that's great news about you knee! ope it heals even faster than whet they say.
www.cracked.com
www.tvtropes.org

Offline Grayson

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2009, 07:22:49 PM »
Rest day, diet was terrible! I didn't have any breakfast, had like six slices of processed turkey breast for lunch and a double protein vivanno, and I over ate at dinner... *sigh* I just gotta start logging my meals here again.

Also, i'll be away at mexico for a week for a mission trip so I won't be logging, I think I'll take my perfect pushups with me.
I eat a lot of food.

Offline Grayson

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2009, 10:52:04 AM »
Back from Mexico.

Warm up: 5 pull ups
                        10 sit ups
                        10 push ups

Workout: Isometric Tucked planche holds- 10 sec., 10 sec., 9 sec., 9 sec.
                      Dips- 8x8x7x6
                      Bench press (125 lbs)-4x4x3x3
I gotta give alot of thanks to Chris, Steve, and Spencer, I'm seeing great gains in my strength and am no longer plateauing constantly. Thanks for helping me set up a workout, without yall i'd probably be the same guy doing countless bicep curls and pull downs.

I eat a lot of food.

Offline Spencer B

• the Romantic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ...*BANG*...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2009, 11:39:37 AM »
Back from Mexico.

Warm up: 5 pull ups
                        10 sit ups
                        10 push ups

Workout: Isometric Tucked planche holds- 10 sec., 10 sec., 9 sec., 9 sec.
                      Dips- 8x8x7x6
                      Bench press (125 lbs)-4x4x3x3
I gotta give alot of thanks to Chris, Steve, and Spencer, I'm seeing great gains in my strength and am no longer plateauing constantly. Thanks for helping me set up a workout, without yall i'd probably be the same guy doing countless bicep curls and pull downs.

Hey just glad we could help man! Just remember, one day you're gonna do the same for somebody else... Probably multiple times. :P

Ah, well, remember your sleep, try to stay unstressed, eat healthy, workout and rest hard, and it should all go well.
www.cracked.com
www.tvtropes.org

Offline Grayson

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2009, 09:15:21 AM »
Yesterdays diet: Breakfast- 4 egg omelet with fresh spinach, salsa, and swiss chesse
                        Lunch- same thing as breakfast, nothing but eggs at the house
                        Dinner- Grilled Greek chicken on a 3 whole wheat pitas
                        Dessert :(- 1 sugar free, fat free chocolate chip cookie (made with applesauce instead of flour)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7/27/09

Warm up: 10 push ups
10 Sit ups

Workout: Tucked front lever hold- 10 sec., 10 sec., 9 sec.
Pull ups-5x5x5x5
Chin ups-5x5x5x5

I can tell some strength was lost that week in Mexico, but I was happy with today regardless

I eat a lot of food.

Offline Grayson

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2009, 08:23:30 AM »
7/28/09

Rest day, man am I sore from these past few days.

Yesterdays diet: Breakfast- 4 scrambled eggs with salsa
                       Lunch/PWO- 4 more eggs, 2 glasses of milk
                       Dinner- Went to PF Chengs (sp?) for my mom's birthday and had a plate of sesame chicken, the restaurant is pretty fancy so I don't think the chicken was fake or anything like that.
I eat a lot of food.

Offline Grayson

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2009, 02:08:31 PM »
7/29/09
I hate machine lurkers who come up to you at bench and say "are you done yet?" when I'm only on my second set and I have to shorten my rest times to like 15 sec. because they just sit there watching me... at least spot me you idiot!

Workout: Dips-8x8x8x7
             Bench Press-(125 lbs)3 reps (120 lbs) 5 reps (rest time shortened by idiot) 2 reps.
             Tucked Planche hold-7 sec., 7 sec., 8 sec.
I eat a lot of food.