Author Topic: My right foot bone sticking out (pics)  (Read 53644 times)

Offline Chris Slater

• Mangabey
  • PARKOUR PIE
    • View Profile
My right foot bone sticking out (pics)
« on: June 03, 2009, 06:43:59 AM »
Well on the inside of my left foot their is a bone that sticks out a little bit. It looks allot different compared to my other foot, Its not really the bone that is sticking out that hurts but the tendon that's attached to the bone. Also in this foot my arch has fallen my arch never use to be like this, Until the bone started to appear, Here are some pictures to help. Oh extra info I am 14 years old I am light and kinda short I do quite allot of tricking in barefoot. Any was here is the links to the pictures. This started to appear quite a while ago maybe 6 months ago, I went to the doctor and said to get orthotics but I haven't gone any yet and i also bought new shoes recently beacuse my old shoes didn't have great arch support. We also got X-rays to see if it was a fracture our something and it wasn't. In the second to last photo i'm kinda pointing to the tendon our what ever it is that hurts to press on. So thanks in advance.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39050589@N04/3591557200/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/39050589@N04/3590747599/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/39050589@N04/3590745993/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/39050589@N04/3590746393/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/39050589@N04/3591554886/
Go outside already!!

Offline Ken PKChiro

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Vital Balance Chiropractic, LLC
Re: My right foot bone sticking out (pics)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 09:16:59 AM »
Looks to me like your navicular.  ANd based on your description it probably is a subluxation.  The navicular is the apex of your arch, and does tend to drop.  there is localized swelling around it which increases the observational "sticking out".  Don't get orthotics.  Again, best bet here is a chiropractor.
Any information or advice given is not to be interpreted as diagnosis, or statements of causality, conditions should be evaluated by a licensed practitioner of Chiropractic or Medical Doctor IN PERSON.  Therefore treatment recommendation should be considered similarly and bears no consequence to me.

Offline Chris Slater

• Mangabey
  • PARKOUR PIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 02:56:49 PM »
alright well my mom has me booked for this orthotics place, their going to be doing a foot exam on Friday the 19. So I'm not sure what I should do, should I tell my mom that I should see a chrio ? I will go to the exam though to see what their take is on it but since they are a orthotics place they will probably just say orthotics.

EDIT: If it is a subluxation of my navicular would i have to go to the hospital to get it fixed ? and what would the chrio do ?

DOUBLE EDIT:  .... K well i talked to my mom and she canceled the appointment for the orthotics palce and we called this chrio place and we have an appointment on the 12th. So hope it goes well and, I'll post here how it goes. Thanks Ken for the advice.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 03:26:12 PM by Chris Slater »
Go outside already!!

Offline Chris Slater

• Mangabey
  • PARKOUR PIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 03:19:11 PM »
Well I went to the Chrio today and it was great he did some thingss and it already feels better I will go back 2 more times he said.
Go outside already!!

Offline armchairtraceur

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 06:26:08 PM »
Well I went to the Chrio today and it was great he did some thingss and it already feels better I will go back 2 more times he said.
I'm glad it worked out; sounds like it just needed a little stimulation.
Still, I would advise people to avoid Chiropractic. There's really no evidence that just rubbing muscles and doing acupuncture provides real repair of treated problems. It's considered an alternative medicine and is strongly opposed by a lot of mainstream medicine..
It's not like I care (I'm not a doctor or anything) but I hate to see people wasting their money. To me, distrust of vaccination and use of acupuncture are alarming from a medical practitioner.

Offline Ken PKChiro

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 04:21:38 PM »
wow, that was an incredibly broad generalization.... and obnoxiously wrong one too!
Any information or advice given is not to be interpreted as diagnosis, or statements of causality, conditions should be evaluated by a licensed practitioner of Chiropractic or Medical Doctor IN PERSON.  Therefore treatment recommendation should be considered similarly and bears no consequence to me.

Offline David Jones

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Representin the 215's finest... PhillyPK All Day.
    • View Profile
    • PkCali
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 04:41:45 PM »
Lol, not a good way to introduce yourself on APK.

Offline Christian Greene

• Awesomely Epic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • APEX Movement Team
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 05:45:54 PM »
hmm subluxation? i think i have the olecranon sublxation of the triceps tendon, thats what matt told me. can chiro fix that? the only reason i noticed it is from it popping in and out when doing pushups and stuff, it used to bother me. but you can still feel in the elbow it if i move my arm.

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 12:26:34 AM »
hmm subluxation? i think i have the olecranon sublxation of the triceps tendon, thats what matt told me. can chiro fix that? the only reason i noticed it is from it popping in and out when doing pushups and stuff, it used to bother me. but you can still feel in the elbow it if i move my arm.

What.... the.....

Go to a professional.... and get yourself a correct diagnosis. Probably snapping triceps syndrome...

"olecranon sublxation of the triceps tendon" seriously?
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline Ken PKChiro

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 01:04:00 PM »
yeah, hate to break it to you, but there is no such thing as a olecranon subluxation of the triceps tendon.  If matt talked to you, then i can assume you are in colorado?  Just come on in to my clinic... that's what it's there for.  VitalBalanceChiropractic.com

Offline David Jones

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Representin the 215's finest... PhillyPK All Day.
    • View Profile
    • PkCali
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 05:46:34 PM »
yeah, hate to break it to you, but there is no such thing as a olecranon subluxation of the triceps tendon.  If matt talked to you, then i can assume you are in colorado?  Just come on in to my clinic... that's what it's there for.  VitalBalanceChiropractic.com
   ^

Offline Chris Slater

• Mangabey
  • PARKOUR PIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 11:20:02 PM »
So it has been a while since my visits with the chiropractor (4 months) he suggested to get othrothics after the treatments but to tell you in all it seems like none of it has worked my foot looks exactly the same but feels a tiny bit better. I'm planning on getting vibram five fingers to see if they will help strengthen my foot. The chiropractor said it was a sublaxation when he was working on it though. But it feels and looks like the bone did not move at all.
Go outside already!!

Offline Ken PKChiro

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 11:59:38 PM »
It isn't bone "moving" that's the problem, it's proper joint motion :).  People have all kind of weird boney changes based on the stresses applied to them.  Also take note that it takes 3 months to remodel bone--so to have significant boney shape changes takes QUITE a while.  If your chiro isn't getting you relief, then he may not be the best chiro for you.

Offline Chris Slater

• Mangabey
  • PARKOUR PIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 06:35:02 PM »
its been like 3 months since I saw my chrio, he said that I didn't need to come in for any more sessions.
Go outside already!!

Offline Ken PKChiro

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 08:10:52 PM »
let me clarify, 3 months to remodel bone, not grow an arm.  ie, you have a boney growth that every turnover requires at least 3 months.  It will change based on stresses put on it.  In other words, there may be no problem with having a bone stick out.  But, if you are having pain and seeing no real improvement, he might not be the best chiro for you.

Offline Chris Slater

• Mangabey
  • PARKOUR PIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 09:14:57 PM »
ooh i get it ;)   so I was wondering since it doesn't really hurt probably due to not enough strengthening can I wait till i'm older to start seeing a chiropractor again to get some more work done on it?
Go outside already!!

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 05:17:24 AM »
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book