Author Topic: Tampa Traceurs/Traceuses!  (Read 184044 times)

Offline Fenrir Unleashed

• Patas
  • Blacker than the blackest black... times infinity!
    • View Profile
Re: Tampa Traceurs/Traceuses!
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 07:50:06 AM »
Haven't found any new spots cause I didn't get a chance to go out there on Monday. I will be out there tomorrow probably around 2:15. Can't come any erlier because of school and crap. I know you have to cut out like around 3:30 or 4, Josh. But Drew, if you want to hang a little longer and scout some shit out after Josh leaves, I'm all for that. Anyway, see you guys tomorrow.

EDIT: Drew, are you going to bring your camera? Because I can't get ahold of the other one right now. My GF dropped it when she was getting in my car, all it got was a scratch, but her sister is all fired up about it. Also, when I do get ahold of it, I have a hook-up here at school to rip the shitty video Mark shot. Both shots of me and Josh going over the wall are blurred so bad you can't tell what's going on... but we might be able to salvage something from it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 07:53:37 AM by Fenrir Unleashed »

Offline Andrew Hull

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2006, 06:45:15 PM »
yeah i'll be there and i'll bring both cameras... my digital camera has like 15 minutes of high quality video ... so we can do a small training vid at least.

just remember

dont live on your knees!
die on your feet!
never surrender!
and never retreat!
Rely on yourself. Rely on your body. Rely on your training, instincts, and heart. Everything else is a crutch.

Quote from: Dan Kelley
Don't wear shoes.  Make the pavement bleed.

Offline Fenrir Unleashed

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2006, 04:29:25 AM »
We have our camera boy. Shawn will be there with me, so we can get a few shots of everybody. Oh and by the way. Here's our jam poster.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 07:03:39 AM by Fenrir Unleashed »

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
  • You lied to me. -Caboose
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2006, 08:55:04 AM »
We'll did you guys find anything? Also how long did it take to finally finish that.
There is no past, there is no future, there is only the present because that is all that matters.

A bad Traucer does a technique until he gets it right. A good Traucer does it until he can not get it wrong.-David Belle

Offline Fenrir Unleashed

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2006, 04:15:15 AM »
We didn't find a whole lot. The thing of it is that we have to just go out and run and see what happens. Also, Drew lost his camera. We're not exactly sure where or when, but it's gone. We ran a few parking garages which was kind of cool. Drew made a pretty impressive snatch on a fire escape ladder on the side of an abandoned building. And if you were asking how long it took me to do the poster... about 15 mins. Although I'm not entirely satisfied with it.... the O is a little off alignment but what the hell. It's no big deal, as long as it gets the message across.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 04:17:50 AM by Fenrir Unleashed »

Offline Andrew Hull

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2006, 04:52:22 AM »
you hear that? I have an impressive snatch.
Rely on yourself. Rely on your body. Rely on your training, instincts, and heart. Everything else is a crutch.

Offline Fenrir Unleashed

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2006, 05:01:35 AM »
Very impressive.  :-*

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2006, 02:04:08 PM »
Wow, now I'm really mad that I couldn't stay later. So when and where should the next jam be.
There is no past, there is no future, there is only the present because that is all that matters.

A bad Traucer does a technique until he gets it right. A good Traucer does it until he can not get it wrong.-David Belle

Offline Fenrir Unleashed

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2006, 06:33:48 AM »
I'm shooting for a Jam the last week of July at Largo High. other than that, I'm up for some training over at the park anytime as long as I'm not working. Also, I want you guys to hit ALL the Florida forums you can, even if they're on the other side of the state. See how many people we can get to attend the Largo Jam. I'll be posting an official notice as soon as I Drew hits me back with a good date and time.

Offline Andrew Hull

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2006, 08:38:02 AM »
Theres a Tampa Parkour myspace group... so I might be able to scrape up as many as 7 or 8 people other than us.

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2006, 10:17:38 AM »
Yeah I'm part of that. Also you have a myspace?

Offline Andrew Hull

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2006, 11:14:20 AM »
yeah I'm legacy of leaving.

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2006, 11:46:48 AM »
K I sent you a f/r.

Offline Fenrir Unleashed

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2006, 05:52:07 PM »
As for recruiting from the Yahoo group; I'm all for that. But I would just like to state for the record that I f#ckING HATE MYSPACE!! It's just liek f#cking Friendster and you see how long that shit lasted. It's just a fad and no one is going to remember it in a few years*.

*I hope this quote doesn't come back to bite me in the ass like the guy who said the internet wasn't practical and would never really take off.

Offline Andrew Hull

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2006, 06:30:27 PM »
well tis not really recruiting... these guys are for the most part beyond us... i doubt they're interested in our crew... but its more bodies and more experience so.. thats what i'm looking for.

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2006, 07:55:03 PM »
As for recruiting from the Yahoo group; I'm all for that. But I would just like to state for the record that I f#ckING HATE MYSPACE!! It's just liek f#cking Friendster and you see how long that shit lasted. It's just a fad and no one is going to remember it in a few years*.

*I hope this quote doesn't come back to bite me in the ass like the guy who said the internet wasn't practical and would never really take off.
Or like the guy who said the TV would get old because people would get sick and tired off staring at a wooden box everyday.

Also what do you mean "beyond us". And what day we going to have the Largo jam.

Offline Andrew Hull

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2006, 04:09:42 AM »
Well we're definitely doing SOMETHING on the 16th. Whether it'll be largo or busch gardens is up in the air.

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2006, 05:19:29 AM »
Largo I won't be able to go to Busch Gardens

Offline Fenrir Unleashed

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2006, 04:17:11 AM »
well tis not really recruiting... these guys are for the most part beyond us... i doubt they're interested in our crew... but its more bodies and more experience so.. thats what i'm looking for.

I meant recruiting for the jam, not the crew. Also, I'm not so sure the 16 would be the best time for the Largo Jam. Even if I posted right now it's a bit of a short notice. I was thinking of something between 23 and 30. So give me a time Drew.

Offline Fenrir Unleashed

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2006, 07:19:47 AM »
On behalf of Urban Velocity I would like to formally welcome 21-year-old Cho of North Tampa to the team. Cho, feel free to make yourself at home here in the Team Chat thread and check "Urban Velocity Jams" in the FL Jams forum for Jam announcements and details.