Author Topic: Columbia Parkour Club  (Read 3227 times)

Offline pkninja

• Guenons
  • Agility always triumphs over strength.
    • View Profile
Columbia Parkour Club
« on: April 30, 2009, 07:14:11 PM »
So a friend of mine and I were out practicing on some rails at school during our open period one day.  After we had finished up and were back inside, a security guard nicely told us to not go on them again.  Awhile later we decided to ask him why, but we couldn't find him and instead found another security guard.  So, we asked him and he ended up being extremely understanding.  He told us to draw up a list of things we want to use, how we're going to use them, and then he would talk to the guy in charge about it all.  We did that and he truly is interested and understanding.  He gave us some suggestions on how we can get this thing rolling, and he also said that it would be neat if we could perform for the school at an assembly as a kind of recruitment.  The chances of this thing actually getting off the ground are slim, but the chances of getting permission to use the school as a practicing area are actually fairly high.  Just wanted to let everyone know and see what you all thought.

Offline Broc

• Patas
  • Meridian, ID
    • View Profile
Re: Columbia Parkour Club
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 07:36:28 PM »
wow thats cool man. wish i had security guys like that at my school...only time i can practice there is on the weekend!

Offline Linknomisuess

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 06:38:09 PM »
yeah, iv'e had some security issues in the past. including a fun chase down by a golf cart :P

Offline tom42100124

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 10:46:22 AM »
dude that's pretty sweet.
"if your afraid to fall, you fall because your afraid. Everything is choice" 
   -  Daniel Ilabaca