Author Topic: Fox News  (Read 2311 times)

Offline Sat Santokh

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Don't think with your balls, think with your brain
    • View Profile
Fox News
« on: May 26, 2006, 06:26:10 AM »
Well a very short article just ran on Fox Morning news.  It was extremely short and didn't do that good of a job in my opinion portraying parkour.

Offline Matthew Lee Willis

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
Re: Fox News
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 07:43:29 AM »
Well if its Fox News then it should come on again right?  Well right now there is some dumb FBI hudle at the white house or something.  ERGGG
Parkour:Phone Calls
Free Running::Text Messaging

Offline Asa Liebmann

• New Jersey
  • Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • NYParkour
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 08:21:41 AM »
Who was in it?

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 09:36:54 AM »
I would like to comment on a few things about that piece.

First off, I am disappointed they used parkour and freerunning interchangable when I specifically went over the differences in the interview (of course they edited out that part).

Secondly, I was contacted the day before they wanted to shoot so I was forced to find people on extremely short notice. They wanted a story on parkour, so Matt, matt, and I had agreed to give them only parkour, no wasted movement. We coincidently ran into a couple other traceurs at Skyline that day, one of which jumped on camera and began doing wallspins and front flips. Once the camera guy got those on camera, it didn't matter how hard I tried to make sure the flips were left out of the program because frankly, the media doesnt give a shit. They assured me the freerunning parts would be excluded but obviously their word wasn't good for much. Hopefully in the future, anyone involved in a parkour story will make sure not to give the media anything to screw it up, because if you show them flips, they will use it and call it parkour.

Last of all, I sent them 3 links to use in their story. www.americanparkour.com, coloradoparkour.com, and coloradoparkour@gmail.com. She asked me which was most important to use so I said APK. And what do they use in the story...parkour.com. go figure.

Other than that, it was a short but decent piece. Slightly disappointed with it but I should really have learned to lower my expectations by now.

Offline matt marshall

• Patas
  • yippie kay yay muddafugga
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 07:57:40 PM »
hahaha i heard that it was on from a dude at a job i started and ended today.
im famous hahahahahahahaha
im famous muthaf#cka
i hunt ninjas! bitches.