Author Topic: Central FL area  (Read 2067 times)

Offline seducingwinter

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Central FL area
« on: November 21, 2008, 05:30:06 AM »
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows of a good open gym for adults, like age 23? I'm in the Winter Haven/Orlando area.

Offline another jumper

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Central FL area
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 02:15:36 PM »
yo i dont know of any gyms sorry but, my friends and I try to run as often as possible(in the Dr.Phillips area). we are VERY new to the practice and probably arent on your level although we are willing to learn and are able to put alot of time into it. if you want to run with us let me know (407)230 8516 AIM:gradeaidiot
-squid-
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 02:18:37 PM by another jumper »

Offline exaft228

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 02:32:20 PM »
Hey i live by ucf and would love to run with you whenever i get the chance...where/when do you train?

JC*

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 11:51:04 AM »
We just came back from a nice gym on Friday it was myself, Graham, Grant, David and another gentleman. It turned out very nice. That gym is located on Orange Avenue. If youd like more in depth details let me know!

Grant.Miller

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 09:07:02 PM »
Hrm...

It's called "Stick-It Gymnastics".    
6208 South Orange avenue, Suite 154
It's Open Gym from 7:30 to 9:00 PM
$10 fee

The plan is for the UCF group (which I'm included in) to go every other Friday. So that means, if you wanna meet up there, we'll be there the Friday after this one.

But, it was a rather enjoyable gym experience. They did not mind that we weren't doing gymnastics, in fact they seemed rather interested in what we were doing (considering parkour is, for some reason, still unknown to so many people).

But I would DEFINITELY suggest checking this place out.

Offline Graham Hughes

• Hirundo Rustica
  • FLPK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 10:39:58 AM »
We just came back from a nice gym on Friday it was myself, Graham, Grant, David and another gentleman. It turned out very nice. That gym is located on Orange Avenue. If youd like more in depth details let me know!

Also, "another gentleman" = Chris.  Lol, just fyi!

Offline Chris Ell

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 09:34:32 PM »
Hey, since us guys from Tampa & Clearwater are coming up to train on February 7th (a Saturday) I think it'd be a good idea to have an open gym session that Friday and stay overnight to jam the next day. Sound good to you guys?
╔══════════════╗
Team Moist Productions
╚══════════════╝
-=Training Blog=-

JC*

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 09:40:32 PM »
Hey, since us guys from Tampa & Clearwater are coming up to train on February 7th (a Saturday) I think it'd be a good idea to have an open gym session that Friday and stay overnight to jam the next day. Sound good to you guys?

That is a very swell idea, what are you thinking Graham? I'd be more than happy to house a few guest at my abode! As of right now this sounds like a great idea. I hope some of the other Orlando guys agree.

Grant.Miller

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 08:44:15 AM »
It sounds like a good idea, and I'm sure I could house one person in my dorm. A definite OK by me. ^_^

Offline Graham Hughes

• Hirundo Rustica
  • FLPK
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 09:02:05 AM »
Sounds awesome!  I've got a pair of sofas in the living room of my apartment for crashing on.