Author Topic: Shamas' Training So Far  (Read 33465 times)

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
  • Mangabey
  • Look behind you
    • View Profile
Re: Shamas' Training So Far
« Reply #180 on: March 16, 2012, 06:25:50 AM »
Yesterday

Back to basics.
   Did the basic vaults and wall climbs. Got the hang of the b twist and worked on my b kicks as well.
Once I have the b twist down I will move on to the 360 dive roll as well as strengthening the basics.

I was surprised when I found that I had regained my mental blocks when approaching certain vaults. I was able to quickly overcome them. Now I need to get back to the skill level that I left off on.

I met 3 others in Holland which was awesome. Nick, Fey, and Bryan. They are more trickers than conventional parkour traceurs, but that is neither here nor there to me. I will focus on conditioning and strengthening with hints of acrobatics rather than the other way around. Respectfully, of course, because that is how I roll.

Today

Prayer/meditation

Stretching

Splits (front/side)     Butterflies     Front Leg Stretch     Shin Stretch     Back Bridge     Joint Rotation     Front Bridge     Prayer Stretch    Pressing Stance    Cobra     Standing Leg Stretches/Balancing Work

I have yet to decide if I am going downtown for some more PK training (highly likely) or just do some training here at home (possible)

EDIT:::

I found a ton of place....A TON! I will have pics and videos in the following week - 2week period. WOOOHOOO!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 04:14:27 PM by Shamas »
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
-Hunter S. Thompson
▌§▌
Now this is happening!
http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,14576.180.html

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
  • Mangabey
  • Look behind you
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 17, 2012, 06:50:44 PM »
I MADE A TALL VAULT BOX TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHH!

I am going to do the finishing touches tomorrow (adding a pair of stabilizers, sanding, painting, etc.) WOOHOO!

Video of the progression is in development.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
-Hunter S. Thompson
▌§▌
Now this is happening!

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
  • Mangabey
  • Look behind you
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 22, 2012, 05:43:01 AM »

couple days ago I painted the box.

Yesterday I trained with Nick in downtown Holland. He kept me on my toes and showed me some awesome spots. Friday we go back out. Today is a stretch day. I might go work out on the vault box, but it is unlikely.
Today is about getting my muscles relaxed and stretched and spending time with my beautiful wife.

Today is day #4 of weight watchers. My wife wanted me to go on it with her for support. It doesn't hinder me so far so I am not worried about it. I range a 36pt limit, not allowed to go 5pt over or 5pt under.
We will see how it goes.

4 days ago I was 210.5lbs.

I will post my weight in a month to see the difference.

Feel free to comment on any part of my journal.

I will be filming my parkour progress.
-Hunter S. Thompson
▌§▌
Now this is happening!

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
  • Mangabey
  • Look behind you
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 23, 2012, 04:27:56 AM »
Today

Prayer/Meditation

Today I am planning on doing some flexibility stretching before going out tonight for some Parkour training. Tonight's training will be more focused on conditioning. Then I will do a cool down with a light stretch, as to not over do it. Cold shower to follow

Conditioning will consist of box jumps, broad jumps, climb up progression (I found myself lacking), cat holds, and handstand progression.

I am reading through EatMoveImprove right now and will be analyzing myself, creating a custom work out routine, and asking for verification when I am certain I am done.

Stretching

Splits (front/side)     Butterflies     Front Leg Stretch     Shin Stretch     Back Bridge     Joint Rotation     Front Bridge     Prayer Stretch    Pressing Stance    Cobra     Standing Leg Stretches/Balancing Work

TRAINING!

Today was a great training day. We warmed up, trained safely all over Holland, MI in the pouring rain (safely), and did a cool down with a decompression (hanging on monkey bars in a relaxed position to realign our spines), and now I am home-about to stretch.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 05:25:37 PM by Shamas »
-Hunter S. Thompson
▌§▌
Now this is happening!

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
  • Mangabey
  • Look behind you
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 23, 2012, 04:32:48 AM »
    STRENGTH GOALS

• 10rep Handstand Press
    • 30sec Free Handstand
    • 05rep Planche Push Up
    • 05rep Muscle Up on bar
    • Frog stand to Handstand
    • 10rep 200# Squat
    • 10rep 180# Bench
    • 10sec Front&Back Levers

STRENGTH ANALYSIS

My standings at current time: to be stated

STRENGTH ROUTINE

I will spread this out so that it is 3 or 4 Counted to 2 Timed.

Counted:
    • Handstand Press
    • Planche Push Up Progression
    • Squats Progressed to Weighted Squats
    • Dips Progressed to Weighted Dips
    • Lever Progression Front&Back
    • Bench Weight Progression (Applicable when gym is acquired)
    • Climb Ups and Barred Muscle Ups (Applicable when suitable bar/wall available, means to getting rings soon)

Timed:
    • Handstand Assisted to Free Standing
    • Frog Stand
    • Front&Sides Plank
    • Default Sitting Position
    • L Sit
    • Dead Hang Each Hand

FLEXIBILITY GOALS

• Full Side Splits
    • Full Front Splits
    • Full Butterfly Stretch (Head and knees on the ground)
    • Extended Back Bridge
    • Resting during Shin Stretch

FLEXIBILITY ANALYSIS

I will post photos of my current abilities in the near future.

FLEXIBILITY ROUTINE

• Splits (front/side)
    • Butterflies
    • Front Leg Stretch
    • Shin Stretch
    • Back Bridge
    • Joint Rotation
    • Front Bridge
    • Prayer Stretch
    • Pressing Stance
    • Cobra
    • Standing Leg Stretches/Balancing Work
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 12:40:53 PM by Shamas »
    -Hunter S. Thompson
    ▌§▌
    Now this is happening!

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
    • Mangabey
    • Look behind you
      • View Profile
    « Reply #185 on: March 24, 2012, 04:52:24 AM »
    Today

Prayer/Meditation

Stretching

Today is a resting day. As tomorrow will be. My calves felt like they were on the brink yesterday. So, some recovery will be good for them. I will just work on flexibility tomorrow and do some stretches today.

edit: I also worked on range of motion/mobility.
    I can definitely see some flexibility improvement. I need to rest tomorrow, but I know myself. I am sure that by tomorrow I will feel way better and want to train, but should refrain for my recovery's sake.
    « Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 12:36:51 PM by Shamas »
    -Hunter S. Thompson
    ▌§▌
    Now this is happening!

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
    • Mangabey
    • Look behind you
      • View Profile
    « Reply #186 on: March 25, 2012, 02:04:03 PM »
    Today

Prayer/Meditation

Stretching

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk-h-R5ZT00" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk-h-R5ZT00</a>
    « Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 12:37:05 PM by Shamas »
    -Hunter S. Thompson
    ▌§▌
    Now this is happening!

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
    • Mangabey
    • Look behind you
      • View Profile
    « Reply #187 on: March 26, 2012, 07:16:57 AM »
    Today

Prayer/Meditation

Researching 5/3/1. I feel, from what I am seeing, that this may be something I could put my heart into for the long haul - being that I find a reasonable gym for me to get started in. That is minor in comparison to the commitment, but it is still a factor.

Stretching

Timed

Handstand : 0:44 with proper form       > I revamped my form after looking at this. Check it out!
    « Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 12:37:23 PM by Shamas »
    -Hunter S. Thompson
    ▌§▌
    Now this is happening!

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
    • Mangabey
    • Look behind you
      • View Profile
    « Reply #188 on: March 28, 2012, 07:59:00 AM »
    Yesterday

we did some all body and lower body conditioning with some acrobatic workouts thrown in there as well

It was a good thing.

Today

I will probably do a little warm up on the vault box. Some palm spins if I feel frisky. I will be focusing on upper body strengthening as yesterday was more lower body.

Edit: I did some training on the vault box.
    Climb ups with a pop vault, climb down other side into cat, repeat.      4 sets of 5
    Traversed around the box in assisted handstand form doing a push up on every side.    1 set
    Trained some cranes, too.

I would have done more, but my daughter was over it.

Stretching

Oh, and THIS IS A MUST FOR ANY TRACEUR!
    « Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 01:58:04 PM by Shamas »
    -Hunter S. Thompson
    ▌§▌
    Now this is happening!

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
    • Mangabey
    • Look behind you
      • View Profile
    « Reply #189 on: March 30, 2012, 05:26:45 AM »
    Yesterday
    Trained on the vault box. I did climb ups, traversed it in cat, used it for flexibility, did cat to precisions, pop vaults, and did two handed speed vaults over it.

QM, ground kongs, and some other stuff that I don't recall right meow.

Today

Stretching

« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 12:56:22 PM by Shamas »
    -Hunter S. Thompson
    ▌§▌
    Now this is happening!

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
    • Mangabey
    • Look behind you
      • View Profile
    « Reply #190 on: March 31, 2012, 12:57:37 PM »
    Today

Gym session at Gymnastiks. It was fun. I worked on front flips, side flips, standing back flips, butterfly twists, and I showed some kids how to do a butterfly kick.
    -Hunter S. Thompson
    ▌§▌
    Now this is happening!

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
    • Mangabey
    • Look behind you
      • View Profile
    « Reply #191 on: April 05, 2012, 03:57:33 AM »
    since the 31st I have been off my legs so that my calves can recover.

Recovery week is almost over, and I go back to Kung Fu/Parkour training this upcoming week.

Woot.
    -Hunter S. Thompson
    ▌§▌
    Now this is happening!

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
    • Mangabey
    • Look behind you
      • View Profile
    « Reply #192 on: April 12, 2012, 09:26:49 AM »
    this week i have been back to training.

my calves feel much better after that rest.

Back into kung fu. Going to Dtown on the 21st I think to assess my belt progression.

I may have said this, but in our school of kung fu it takes about a year to master a belt and many months to master the notches. You get a belt then you get approximately 3 notches per belt and there are about 6, I believe before the black belt is achievable.

Also going to the gym sometime soon to drill some of my newly acquired aspirations. B Twist, back flip, side flip, front flip.

Parkour runs will be done through out the weeks with the newly acquired group. Holland Parkour Group.

-Hunter S. Thompson
    ▌§▌
    Now this is happening!

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
    • Mangabey
    • Look behind you
      • View Profile
    « Reply #193 on: April 20, 2012, 05:47:01 AM »
    I'm over APK for a while.

The few people that I found knowledgeable and sound, I am able to contact outside of this site.

Maybe I will check in after a while to see if the forums have made any progress toward being a more mature community.

To all of those who I have personally asked for help via PM, thank you.

I will be noting my progress HERE and using the EatMoveImprove.com website from time to time to better assess and improve my work out routines.

Also, to Joe Brock
        When I get into a gym regularly with the intent on lifting weights, I will contact you to keep you informed of my progress with 5/3/1 (that is what I am gearing for when I start lifting) to get your insight, thoughts, tips, and tricks from your personal experiences. Thanks for all your help.
    -Hunter S. Thompson
    ▌§▌
    Now this is happening!