Author Topic: Photo Collaboration Project  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Aaron Neale

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
Photo Collaboration Project
« on: December 17, 2008, 05:34:15 PM »
Okay so guys, I've become pretty set on this idea of creating either a calendar, or just a book with parkour pictures in it (of course there would be words as well discussing parkour and the pictures). Anyway, I'm lacking the proper equipment to do it but would love to be resident photographer at local jams and get togethers. Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions or ideas, that would be fantastic. If anyone has any warnings about this project let me know.

Offline johnny04

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Photo Collaboration Project
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 07:26:06 PM »
Aaron, great idea.   Are you friend of Daniel Potes on FB?  His school is doing demotivational Posters (his pic below).  It would be cool to have a parkour demotivational calendar to hang in my cube at work :-)  My cube is so boring.

One idea is that we have a lot of great pictures with funny comments in FB.  We can use those and pick the funniest comments to be the caption.

You can use this site to do it http://diy.despair.com/motivator.php

Or download the free software http://www.ronyasoft.com/products/poster-forge/index.html

This caption is totally written for me :-)

Offline Aaron Neale

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 07:33:17 PM »
those are sweet, that would be good with a calendar maybe. I think I might end up making both, although I definitely think the book will take far more effort, and time, although I think it will still be really rewarding.

Offline Aaron Neale

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 07:39:57 PM »
If it is at all possible for all the photos from facebook, and other sites to be commandeered onto just one location, that would be fantastic.

Offline Pilou

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 09:51:02 AM »
Hey Aaron,

one great way to do this would be to start a PicasaWeb album (the Google kind), that way the pictures can be embedded into the DC wiki really easy :)
If you have an e-mail address you can dedicate to that, you can create a new account and then share the username / password. If not, I can look into setting up my apk e-mail account for it, but I think it would be best, as official DCmPK photographer, that you do it ;D
After that, we can launch a big call for uploading all FB pics to everyone!

Offline Aaron Neale

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 12:36:02 PM »
Thanks for the idea, I made an email dcmpkphotographer@gmail.com, and the username is the email and the password is aaron20912. Now everyone should upload their facebook pictures so I can create a masterpiece.

Offline Pilou

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 01:17:44 PM »
I've added a few pics I had downloaded, and made some slideshows for the DC metro site:
http://www.dcmetroparkour.info/pics--vids/
I'll go and advertise this on facebook

Offline Aaron Neale

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 08:25:28 PM »
hey
cool slideshows, i assume they are easy to make.

Offline Pilou

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 05:27:50 AM »
That's the reason for using Picasa: you embed it in the wiki with Insert->Picasa slideshow, and that's what you get without any more effort ;D