Author Topic: «¤JÅķΣØß V‡Ģ‡╚'§ ┬RÅIñiñG £ØG, ®ΣMÏ××ÊФ»  (Read 51747 times)

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Be the Change you wish to see in the world
    • View Profile
Re: «¤JÅķΣØß V‡Ģ‡╚'§ ┬RÅIñiñG £ØG, ®ΣMÏ××ÊФ»
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2009, 12:20:24 PM »
Ack. So the 1k pushups dealie didn't work, i'm simply not at the point physically where I can pull it off in that short a time. I think I'm still recovering from it. Sheesh.

What else is there to say? Hmmm. I've been working my handstands, as of now Im at the point where I can stay in the air for a while, but I can only hold it stable for a few seconds on most tries. I have had a few significant holds, but not many.
Life is what you make of it.
Training Log

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2009, 09:22:43 PM »
Its time for a bit of an update

I seem to be gaining weight... which is good. It's definitely not fat.

Also, I have notice that I am not really getting where I want with flags. I don't seem to be progressing much. I think I need to target my core more. Anyone have any good suggestions to build a much stronger core, assisted by flag practice?

Handstands are starting to go well, like i said, I'm getting to the point where I can hold them for a few seconds fairly solidly. I practice them quite a bit every day. I am going to start trying basic walking and obstacle course work to supplement my training.

My lower body has been badly neglected, largely because I fear stressing my knee any more than is absolutely necessary.

I haven't been working pullups and dips as hard as I should, maybe a few a day, even some days without any, but I have been doing buttloads of pushups (yeah...worthless I know)

I haven't been working planches much either, but I can hold an Adv. tuck for about 2 seconds... though... my arms shake like hell. Even on the Tuck Planche, I can hold it for  10-15 seconds... but my arms shake like mad. Why?

Handstand press is getting better... I can do it the majority of the time (if I am fully rested, I can rarely do it twice)
Training Log

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2009, 08:23:39 AM »
A breakfast worth noting today, the best I have had in a long while
Today's Diet
1 cup Oatmeal with about 2 tablespoons of peanutbutter in.
2 over easy eggs
1 piece of toast.
2 cups whole milk.

Today's Workout
Blank as of yet... only just woke up. Will edit later/
Training Log

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2009, 08:37:22 AM »
On friday I went to this.... gym... and had a whole bunch of fun practicing flips and various things. We were presented with a challenge by the gym owner. 100 sumo squats or something with an 88 pound kettlebell would be rewarded with 1 month free open gym time. I tried... and failed miserably with about 20 max. Though I did try a few separate times... Still failure.

Anyways, that was fun.

Yesterdays diet was something that would cause Chris to cringe like a small child being attacked by a grizzly bear.  I ate SO much food. I mean, from about 2 to about 9, I was nearly continuosly eating fancy cheeses, delicious meats and shrimps and various other tasty foods for my grandmother's 60th birthday party, in which we secretly flew her siblings over from England to suprise her. It was pretty cool.

But back on track. Im sore as hell from those squatty dealies, mostly my shoulders, whichever muscles connect to my neck or some such. My legs are a bit sore as well, but that was in conjunction with a whole lot of other training. Anyways, it was quite fun.
Training Log

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2009, 10:05:51 AM »
Pulled off my first successful frontflip outside a gym yesterday... Granted, it was into snow, but hey!

Also... I can Muscle Up..
Training Log

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2009, 07:23:00 PM »
Alright so I have knocked out a few of my goals recently.  It was pretty weird, All of a sudden, I was able to handstand press and muscle up where I wasn't able to before. This happened a few days ago. What's also weird is that where I wasn't able to do a single handstand press just the day before, I was suddenly able to do 7 in a row. Do them all day without getting tired. Whats up with that???

So. Goals

Deadhang muscle-up. Though it looks like crap, I did it.
Handstandpress .  Rock Solid
Frontflips . Good on grass.

Today I ate a giant steak. It was great.

I will also workout soon, which will include lots of planche work and HS presses, as well as dips, squats, and some balance stuff.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 07:27:15 PM by Jake Vigil »
Training Log

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
So yesterday I decided to try one of the Crossfit benchmark women just to see how I would do. I tried either Chelsea or Cindy or some such... and the result was pathetic. I got through like four rounds out of about 30 before pooping out.

Chelsea
Each min on the minute for 30 minutes
5 Pullups
10 Pushups
15 Squats

Cindy
As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes
5 Pullups
10 Pushups
15 Squats

I probably could have done another round or two, but I gave up. Epic failure. Ill try again at a different one or maybe the same one again soon.

Im starting to feel motivation coming back again with the nicer weather.
Training Log

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
I nailed my first outdoor flips today. Frontflips. I started out in my Taekwondo class, there is a thin pad for grappling and whatnot, we were having "open practice time", and I was chatting with this gymnast girl, (Oh man its depressing how much she puts me to shame) so we started doing things. She showed me how to do a front handspring, got it on my second try. It took me like an hour to build up the balls to just flip on the mat, she was doing crazy crap, it was nuts. I went for it right after she tried a front, and I hit it awesomely. So, naturally, I flipped a few more times until I began to run out of steam, then took some time to rest. I went to visit my old school later in the day, and busted out the frontflip a couple of times for my friends. Felt great.
Training Log

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Alright...

Todays Diet... For reference or some such
Bowl of POPS in the morning (I hate that stuff.)
Smoothie thinggy (about 3.5 cups of liquid total, made with about a cup of frozen fruit, few cups of orange juice, some yogurt)
Peanutbutter sandwich... probably about 6 tbsp of PB on it.
Handful of pretzels
Small coke from Chipotle
1 burger with 1 oz cheese on top
3 hot dogs with 2 pieces of bread.
can of tuna, in oil

I'm also looking more into starting SS, I have to see if it's something I can do in my garage, since there is a barbell in there, and we have about 200 lbs of weight or so. I just want to make sure I have someone who knows what they are doing teach me the lifts first, so I don't ruin myself. I'm sick of being scrawny, Im ready to be bigger.
Training Log

Offline Garrett Carpenter

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Its about time for me to start this. Jakeob Vigil's Log.
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2009, 10:33:35 AM »
What is a better substitute for cereal then? I don't have a whole lot of time in the mornings. Would Oatmeal be better?

oatmeal with hardboiled eggs woudl be perfect.

You can hardboil a whole bunch of eggs -- like a dozen -- at the beginning of the week and eat 3 with oatmeal and you're golden.  Some berries if you like too -- BLUEBERRIES FTW  8)

or, if your not a fan of blueberries, get some halle berry.
"Anyone can fail. The public admires the man who has enough confidence in himself to take a chance."

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
or, if your not a fan of blueberries, get some halle berry.

Haha, that took me 2 days to get. "wtf is a halle berry? Never heard of that one. Must be some trippy tropical fruit."

Spent some time on Various forums, such as performance menu/catalyst, researching Mass Gain and SS stuff. Basically just came to the conclusion that I just need to stop being a pussy and start doing it. Im a little worried about doing the lifts, because of my knees, and because I don't really know how, so I'll probably end up reading SS like 4 times and watching videos before I actually start.... Or maybe I'll just start and blow out my knees. Who knows?

Im also trying to think of ways to pack in the calories. Drinking more than 3-4 cups of milk a day isn't really an option for me, but I can eat plenty of cheese and the like. Matter of fact, I have some with me in my bag and I'm about to cram some in my mouth. Need to start eating more. I thought about drinking heavy whipping cream, it was something I saw on the Catalyst forums somewhere, as well as sneaking shots of olive oil (my mom'd be piiisssed if she found out though, which means I'm only going to be able to drink one every couple of days.) I'm also just going to pour it on everything I eat. Tuna, salads, dinner, cereal, fruit... etc. Alright maybe not the last two, but you get the point.

Say goodbye to Skinny Jake, say hello to Average Jake, and prepare yourselves to meet Buff Jake, because this shit's getting serious!

I hope to gain at least 15 pounds by the end of july (so... about 90 days or so.), even if it is pure fat.

If you have any suggestions, I'll gladly take them.

Wish me luck boys and girls.
Training Log

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
Jake,

If you want me to coach you on your form for the core lifts let me know.  I will be more than happy to meet you at APEX and show you how to properly perform and fix your lifts once they get barbells.  I could even go to whatever gym you are currently using to show you the lifts, if necessary.

If you want to gain weight eat a ton of nut butters...you can stock up on these at Whole Foods for not-too-much money.

Send me a PM or Facebook message and we can arrange for a time/date.  I would really have no problem coaching you on the core lifts.  We could get you to a respectable level of form on all the lifts within an hour.

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Seriously? That would be awesome! I don't have a gym I use, I actually have a barbell with enough (I think) weight at my house, So I plan on using that for my lifts, but I would be excited to meet you at a gym somewhere to learn how to use it properly.

I added you as a friend on Facebook.
Training Log

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
What kind of barbell is it?  Real deal olympic style or is it one of thoe wal*mart/Dick's style barbells?

I think matt will charge me gym-time if I train you there but i am sure we can work something out.  Get me an answer to the barbell question first and we will take it from there.

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Ah... I have no clue. It feels fairly solid, but the ends spin. My GUESS would be wal*shit/Dicks style... Ill upload some pictures, which I doubt will help, but I dont know. Ill look up olympic style bars here in a minute, let you know how mine compares.

(After some research)
Ah... As far as I can tell, the specifications are all correct for it to be Olympic style, but I know nothing about bars.

Its about 7 feet long, weighs about 40 pounds, is shiny, has spinning sleeves which are about twice the size as the bar itself, feels solid.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 06:40:59 PM by Jake Vigil (SS) »
Training Log

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
sounds like you got yourself a good bar man - bumper plates or regular plates?

and do you have a squat rack?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 07:57:50 PM by Chris Salvato »

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Regular plates... and... I dont thing so. There is this large contraption with a bunch of stuff on it, but Its not a squat rack. It has little hook things on it though.
Training Log

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
Could u load a bar on it and get under it for squatting?  Might not be too great though, since it doesn't sound adjustable...

May be best to wait until APEX has barbells and bumpers and we can work there -- but i would need to see how to work out the logistics.

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Yeah, I can, but its on the inside of the cage, and it is adjustable, but I dont know if there is enough room. And I believe APEX does have a barbell.
Training Log

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
I've been a bit to hard on my body these past few weeks, Starting to feel the effects. My shoulder is quite stiff, and I'm beginning to get a little pain in my knee again. Also, Im Popping and Cracking more than ever, and I feel like I really need to get in to see a chiropractor. I think a good Adjustment or something would do wonders for me.

Swim season starts soon, I'm a little disappointed in myself for not working out more and thus still being meth skinny. Too bad I won't be Unveiling a new body this summer. Bummer.

On another note, along with millions of other students, I'm graduating here this month. Senior checkout was last Friday, and though I've really been unofficially graduated since December (When I stopped going to HS and started going to College), it feels good to know I'm actually done with that crap.

I suppose That's all I really have to say for now.

This sounds more like a Blog than a Log, but eh .
Training Log