Author Topic: «¤JÅķΣØß V‡Ģ‡╚'§ ┬RÅIñiñG £ØG, ®ΣMÏ××ÊФ»  (Read 53299 times)

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Be the Change you wish to see in the world
    • View Profile
Re: «¤JÅķΣØß V‡Ģ‡╚'§ ┬RÅIñiñG £ØG, ®ΣMÏ××ÊФ»
« Reply #200 on: January 20, 2010, 10:02:45 PM »
I told KC yesterday that if I didn't lift today, I wanted him to drive to Denver to kick me in the balls. So I went to the gym today, And told Dudley the same thing.

As a result, I got me some lifting in. Light Squat, Heavy bench, and assorted PK training throughout the night. Not Ideal, but I feel great anyways.

Diet, just for reference

2 waffles with 2 tbsp butter and syrup coating top
2 packets instant oatmeal (Gross)
Cup of milk (cant remember if I put a scoop of Protein powder in it or not... I think I might have)
-
4 Wendy's Double stacks
1 small fries
1 Small coke (16 oz, methinks)
1/3 of a twisted frosty
-
1 bagel w/ about 3-4 tbsp PB
2 cups milk with 2 scoops Protein Powder (Post W/O)

I think that was about it...

FYI, I know this diet is pretty damn Dirty, but My main concern is Kcal here, not quality. I'll worry about quality when I'm bigger. Since I can't drink milk anymore (Lactose tolerance is rapidly deteriorating), It's hard for me to get the calories I need to expand.

But, slowly but surely, I AM gaining. Ever so goddamn slowly.
Life is what you make of it.
Training Log

Offline Grayson

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 21, 2010, 06:38:54 AM »
I told KC yesterday that if I didn't lift today, I wanted him to drive to Denver to kick me in the balls. So I went to the gym today, And told Dudley the same thing.

As a result, I got me some lifting in. Light Squat, Heavy bench, and assorted PK training throughout the night. Not Ideal, but I feel great anyways.

Diet, just for reference

2 waffles with 2 tbsp butter and syrup coating top
2 packets instant oatmeal (Gross)
Cup of milk (cant remember if I put a scoop of Protein powder in it or not... I think I might have)
-
4 Wendy's Double stacks
1 small fries
1 Small coke (16 oz, methinks)
1/3 of a twisted frosty
-
1 bagel w/ about 3-4 tbsp PB
2 cups milk with 2 scoops Protein Powder (Post W/O)

I think that was about it...

FYI, I know this diet is pretty damn Dirty, but My main concern is Kcal here, not quality. I'll worry about quality when I'm bigger. Since I can't drink milk anymore (Lactose tolerance is rapidly deteriorating), It's hard for me to get the calories I need to expand.

But, slowly but surely, I AM gaining. Ever so goddamn slowly.

One of my favorite Mark Ripptoe quotes.

"And folks, for weight-gaining purposes, "eating clean" is not a useful concept. Big Macs are."
I eat a lot of food.

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 21, 2010, 06:44:09 AM »
And that's exactly why the wendy's 2 buildings down from my work has become my new favorite place

I've also just made a powerful discovery.

While the Double Stack at Wendy's has 360 calories and costs a dollar, The Double Cheeseburger at Burger King has 770 and costs a dollar.... The downside? It's quite a bit further away than the wendy's, and I cant just take 5 minutes to get a burger and run there... Solution?

GO in the morning, buy 5, eat throughout day.

Damn I'm gonna be huge.

[edit]
And... if I add Mayo to that, it bumps up to 940 Calories, (68g Fat, 50g Protein, 31g Carbs)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 06:53:11 AM by Jake Vigil (SS) »
Training Log

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 21, 2010, 09:38:38 PM »
10 foot Broad jump. f#ck yes.

Also, I think this shitty food is causing me to break out like crazy. All of a sudden, my face looks like a pepperoni Pizza.
Training Log

Offline Dudley

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Dudley Photography
« Reply #204 on: January 22, 2010, 02:50:46 AM »
There are always side effects... Too many simple carbs in the bread. And the sugars that are added to junky foods so that they taste "better."

The lactose in milk can also cause break-outs to occur when you GOMAD. I have noticed this in my half-GOMAD and am dropping to a quart per day and upping my lean protein sources again.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 02:53:36 AM by Dudley »

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #205 on: January 22, 2010, 06:20:56 AM »
10 foot Broad jump. f#ck yes.

Also, I think this shitty food is causing me to break out like crazy. All of a sudden, my face looks like a pepperoni Pizza.

Lots in these meals causes acne.  Gluten, high omega 6 counts, and sugars are the main culprits for most people.  If possible, down a ton of fish oil...like 5-10 grams of EPA+DHA every day...it may help.  You are going to have some short term adverse effects like breakouts but if its the most effective way for you to get calories then so be it.

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 27, 2010, 09:17:41 PM »
http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,21664.msg290541.html#msg290541

Tuesday 1/26/2010
Level 3 Parkour Class Workout

Must complete all repetitions before moving on to next exercise
100 Vault (Decline) Push-ups
100 Sit-Ups
100 Candlestick Presses (20 of which were down with a 10 lbs medicine ball)
100 Body Rows
100 Back Leg Raises (stomach on vault box)
100 L-Sit Reps (Originally this was to have been hanging leg lifts
200 Swimmers
100 Super Burpees (push-up then pull-up)
100 V-Ups (could only complete 3 due to a recent hip strain)
100 Monkey Jumps

Total Number of Reps = 1200
Completed Reps = 1103
Time = 1 hour, 55 minutes.

PWO:
Good Times Guacamole Bacon Burger
1 Burger
590 kcals
29g Fat
8g Sat. Fat
1400 mg Sodium
52g Carb
4g Fiber
9g Sugar
30g Protein

Fries
5 oz
450 kcals
26g Fat
10g Sat. Fat
560 mg Sodium
48g Carb
5g Fiber
1g Sugar
5g Protein

Blackberry Custard
1 Cup
340 kcals
15g Fat
9g Sat. Fat
210 mg Sodium
45g Carb
0g Fiber
36g Sugar
6g Protein

TOTAL:
1380 kcals
70g Fat
27g Sat. Fat
2170 mg Sodium
145g Carb
9g Fiber
46g Sugar
41g Protein

(Information from Good Times website)
Worth it (at least the flavor, not the greasy feeling) until about about 45 minutes later when I had to eat a floret of broccoli and drink a half gallon of water to calm my stomach down.

On a side note, I can't believe I used to eat like this semi-regularly. After watching Morgan Spurlock's health decline in Super Size Me (movie) I was inspired to avoid fast food restaurants. So far, the next day, I have only felt sluggish for a couple hours this morning and returned to my clean diet. I definitely will not be eat like that again, PWO or otherwise for quite a while. It really isn't worth it.

^^^^
This, Plus another Deluxe burger and Minus the Broccoli and gallon of calming water.
Training Log

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 02, 2010, 11:17:18 PM »
2 waffles, 2 tbsp butter, 1/4 cup syrup, a cup of silk nog, 3 Wendy's double stacks, small fries, small frosty, small bag of shelled sunflower seeds, Peanut butter and marshmallow creme sandwich, handful of cookies, a cup of milk, 2 Double whoppers, 1 medium fry, 1 medium coke, 1 avocado. If eating like this on a daily basis doesn't do the trick, dammit, I don't know what will.

That was my diet for today. I would have lifted today, but I re-pulled my back the other day, it hurts. And I'm not sure about squatting on my ankle. And speaking of ankle... I feel like that shit should have healed by now. Instead, it hurts about as much as it did 3 days after I got it. What the hell. It's like i'm not healing anything anymore.

Shoulder sucks, Back sucks, knee sucks, ankle sucks. I hate being so negative, but Dammit this is pissing me off!
Training Log

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #208 on: February 03, 2010, 10:46:38 AM »
with a diet like that, make sure you keep on f#cking training.

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 03, 2010, 04:36:41 PM »
Indeed. I'm already losing definition, I can tell. Tonight shall be a lifting night.

I'll post the log of it later

Diet today so far

2 waffles (as prepared previously), glass of silk nog, 1 double stack(wendys), 2.5 double cheeseburgers, 1 small fry, 1 value coke, dutch apple pie (BK). I might go over and steal Dudley's milk PWO with like 5 lactase pills. Suck My balls, Lactose Intolerance.
Training Log

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 15, 2010, 11:24:39 PM »
Been eating quite poorly these past few weeks. But I've been eating a lot, and I've gained a few pounds from it. I feel like hell most of the time, it's funny how noticeable it is. Fun stuff.

Back to the burgers tomorrow.

I've also been realizing something recently about my back tucks. They're great inside the gym, on the spring floor, but absolutely shit anywhere else. Usually my first 2 or 3 outside are landed hands and feet, then I start rotating harder to fix it.  I need to stop training them so much on the spring floor, and start working them more outside to get them stood up a bit more.

Also, 2 man Planche work with Christian is fun. I'm the guy on bottom, I'd like to get it to where I can hold us for 10+ seconds solidly (Can do around 3 or so now, we're still working out the kinks in technique and balance though). I've been training my Planches a bit more to help out with that. Also noted the other day (After giving Christian a piggy back ride for a block) that I'd like to be able to carry someone for an extended period of time. It seems the situation has a pretty strong likelihood of occurring (Christian sprained his ankle, and I was trying to be helpful, but I was weak). As a result, giving piggyback rides will be an addition to my training. Though I can imagine squatting would help.

What else?

I've been eating as much as I can, I've actually gained a reputation and a sort of respect for eating. If food ever comes up my co-workers will make comments regarding my likelihood of eating large quantities of said food.

Funny how that is.

There.
Sloppy update, but an update nonetheless
Training Log

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 16, 2010, 09:49:17 PM »
Fat Tuesday.
Today's Training = FOOD. And lots of it.

Physical...

Worked on planches a bit in my room.

Warmed up with 20 pushups, then 10 PPPU

30s Frog stand Hold
10s tuck
13s psuedoadv tuck

Adv tucks are reallly haardd....

---

(10 minutes later)

Ooohh wait. I just took a little video with my laptop of my best adv tuck, and it doesn't look so bad. I keep falling out of it into a tuck, but I feel like I can progress decently that way till I can hold the Adv solidly enough to count as working.

Add about another 20s of planche work.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 09:57:55 PM by Jake Vigil »
Training Log

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 21, 2010, 11:35:37 AM »
Little bit of messing around at the gym yesterday. I got there after open gym had ended because of work, but there were still quite a few people there hanging out. Practiced a few flips, then attempted weighted ring dips with Christian.

Started off with 2 weight vests (40lb) and worked our way up from there to essentially find our 1RM weighted dip. I got all the way up to 80lb 1rm, but I feel like I could do 3x5's at about 60 or so.

Then we fooled around for the rest of the day, walking around on our hands through restaurants and such. I probably did about 30 HS presses yesterday, tried a few dropdowns
Training Log

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 25, 2010, 10:09:53 PM »
2 Man planche with Christian is starting to feel pretty Beastly. Today we tried it (After quite a bit of ring planche work then benching as well) and it felt pretty solid for a few seconds. I'd bet fresh we could manage 5-10 or so.

3x5s Lsit holds on rings (with straps about 6 ft long)

3x5 Pullups @ 20lb (weight vest)

Got some new bars at the gym (niiiiice bars) so I spent some time playing with them.

PC/Hang Clean
3x5@95 (Cake, just loved the feel of the bars... so smooth)

OHP
2x4 @ 95

Bench
5x95
10+8+6+6 @ 115

DL
Attempted a 315, didn't make it but I feel like if I'd tried harder I could have Beasted it up.

1+1+1 +3+3 @ 225

Attempted a few standing back tucks on a little  mat (trying to get em in place) and failed all but one. Then I decided I didn't really want to do a backflip - just after the point of no return - and rotated to land on my back. On the spring floor, so no harm done.

Anything else worth noting?

Ehh, nah
Training Log

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 28, 2010, 06:59:34 PM »
I'll just copy my Facebook status

Well, it's been one hell of a (extended) day. Considering My "Day" from the time I woke up to when I'll go to sleep, I've worked 2 shifts, competed in the Ninja Warrior competition, seen 2 movies, Backflipped out front of Wyoming's Capitol Building in Cheyene, Climbed the Border sign, gone to jump street, changed my oil, And eaten over 9000 Calories. Yes, Over Nine Thousand. And those are just the major things.

Came in second in the competition, a little irritated with myself because I gave up :/.

Oh well
Training Log

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 01, 2010, 09:57:12 PM »
Somehow I'm not actually getting my caloric surplus. I need to moniter my intake a little more closely. I've been pretty much just going for the "Eat everything" approach with a bit of "Eat as many Double Cheeseburgers as you can" thrown in there whenever I'm working... But it's obviously not enough, Unless The gauge in my scale is damaged and decreases the amount shown by the same ratio as my weight gain... (╬ ಠ益ಠ)

Probably not. I'm not eating enough, I'm not gaining at all

I just look and feel like hell for absolutely nothing. f#ck
Training Log

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #216 on: March 02, 2010, 08:15:24 AM »
Appetite is modulated by a few things.  The "eat everything" approach is fine but it seems that maybe your internal mechanisms are disabling appetite.  You may want to monitor everything very closely to make sure you actually are getting a surplus.  Luckily, FitDay has most fast food shit on their site - so this should be really easy.

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 02, 2010, 08:44:59 AM »
I was trying to remember which calorie counter it was that had all them on it, Thanks Chris. I'll start logging it.
Training Log

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 07, 2010, 06:31:40 PM »
I'm officially done with Burger king and Wendy's bulking, I can't take how its making me feel anymore. I feel shitty all the time. My face is horribly broken out, and I FEEL SHITTY all the time... in case my previous statement of such was unclear.

No more of that crap. I'm going back to eating cleanly, just trying to eat as much as possible. I understand I won't bulk at all... but... nothing's really happening now either so whatever.

Training Log

Offline Sparklefish

• EAF!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • San Francisco Parkour
« Reply #219 on: March 08, 2010, 07:32:15 PM »
IMO, for me, my overall health is more important than bulking up.  I was always a "hard-gainer," especially when I was younger.  It took me years to go from 140 to 160.  I was trying to hit 170-180 for awhile, but I'd rather be a healthy 160 powered by organic spinach and grass-fed beef and radishes and wild-caught fish, etc., etc., etc. than a bulky, muscular 180 and feeling like shite.