Author Topic: U of M Campus security  (Read 6984 times)

Offline Nicholas Schiebel

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
Re: U of M Campus security
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2009, 01:09:02 PM »
I wasn't calling anything boring, I was just offering up my prefered solution to said problem: drawing the attention of others and local authorities. Sorry if that was wrong of me to do.
Integrity First Service Before Self Excellence in All We Do
Into The Blue

Offline Scared Doggy

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Connor Hagerty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 05:57:09 PM »
I wasn't calling anything boring, I was just offering up my prefered solution to said problem: drawing the attention of others and local authorities. Sorry if that was wrong of me to do.
I totally get what you're sayin man. But I do a mix of things and have about 6 different locations I've found, where each location has a variety of things to train on. Ex. One place doesn't have any walls to climb or run up whatso ever, but it has great things to kong and dash over. So yeah, I like to move around. But generally when  I pick a spot I stay there for my whole training that day.
I don't know if this matters but I've only been training for almost 2 months, so you guys can take or leave my advice.
Minnesota Parkour
YouTubeAccount

Offline Jeff

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • aka Meatlad
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 01:17:44 PM »
Hey, sorry for not replying sooner, I read your guys' replies, but we decided to stay under the radar at Cal since it seemed to be working decently enough rather than run the risk of being officially told we had to stop then being forced to comply. We're getting "Berkeley Parkour Collective" T-shirts, but that's just for fun rather than to mitigate risk of perceived hooliganism.

Oh, and to address the staying in one spot thing - we have a set location to meet because (when the weather is good and the sun sets late), we get upwards of 20 people out, many of whom don't use SFPK, BAPK or Facebook and can track our route (which isn't posted anywhere anyway). Having a reliable spot to come to is important to keep people coming back. Slackers come late, but we don't want to discriminate against slackers by leaving right at the meeting time. We do often move after about half an hour though.

Anyway, sorry for the tardy response, but I appreciated hearing your experiences - thank you.