Author Topic: Eon Death a Hoax  (Read 18065 times)

Offline NICK DAGGER

• Nick Dagger P.I.
  • Mangabey
  • I AM NICK DAGGER
    • View Profile
Re: Eon Death a Hoax
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2008, 05:29:18 PM »
Who's fault is it for getting upset over false information? Is it the liar, or the person who chooses to believe the false information without confirming it first?

Throughout this whole thing, I've remained neutral.

I think its silly to get emotionally involved with the death of someone you have never met, EVEN IF they share the same passion as you.

However, faking one's own death to prove a point is still lying and still wrong.

Offline Brian Devaughn Hamilton

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • the pic is from yearbookyourself.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2008, 05:30:56 PM »
    Then again, It is all about facing the facts in my opinion. People mourned for eon's death, and now he is alive they are angry... I am under the impression that when you mourn for someone, you basically do not want them to be dead. So when they actually prove to be alive, you get angry? Sounds like weird way of thinking to me.

First of, why were you that sad? You did not know the guy, any of you. You were sorry because he (supposedly) died from pk practice. What if a traceur died from a car crash? Or from cancer? I bet none would be that sorry then. So it was not actually about eon's death, it was about someone dying from parkour. So it was all about juicy news after all. That's why the news traveled all around the globe without any search or evidence of truth. That's why none would have bothered if the fall "caused eon to become handicapped for life". But death, yeah that's more spicy, let's spread it. After all, in the bottom of our hearts we were all expecting to read about a pk death somewhere over the internet, didn't we?

Secondly, I heard people making donations or giving money to plant trees in Greece because of Eon's dying. And after that proved to be a lie, people felt angry. So I will suppose they never intended on actually giving money on planting trees. So why did they do it in the first place? So they can boast about it later?

As you all say, death is not something we should joke about. But finally it proves that death is not real , and guess who are the first one to be disappointed? You! All of you!

And that's a weird way of thinking to me.

its not that we are disappointed that he is alive. everyone is actually glad that he is alive. what we are mad about is that he took something is serious as death and lied about it. they are not donating to Eon's memory now because he LIED. there are certain things to joke about and death isn't one of them. and people don't donate money for someone who has died just to "boast" about it.

This allegory makes absolutely no sense. You would ignore a boy crying wolf? Then you'd be an asshole, no matter what the boy has done. I would always run to help the boy and find out if a wolf really existed, because there's always the chance of him telling the truth. This story is silly, and it was made up by dumb mothers who wanted their kids not to pull pranks.

Besides, the point of this isn't to ignore the news, but to investigate it. Do some research, find out if it is really true, before posting it everywhere or telling your friends. Do NOT reproduce unconfirmed information.

The point of the boy who cried wolf is if you want people to trust you don't mislead them. lying about your death now that would be something an asshole would do. people thought they could reproduce what was on your site because they thought it was trusted. you have proved them wrong and im sure they wont believe anything you or your team says from now on. really i must say as far your arguments are you still seem pretty childish and have some growing up to do. 

Eon i really am glad that you are a live but really your an idiot.

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2008, 06:10:20 PM »
   Then again, It is all about facing the facts in my opinion. People mourned for eon's death, and now he is alive they are angry... I am under the impression that when you mourn for someone, you basically do not want them to be dead. So when they actually prove to be alive, you get angry? Sounds like weird way of thinking to me.
It's called betrayal. People don't like being lied to, especially about something as big a deal as death.

First of, why were you that sad? You did not know the guy, any of you. You were sorry because he (supposedly) died from pk practice. What if a traceur died from a car crash? Or from cancer? I bet none would be that sorry then. So it was not actually about eon's death, it was about someone dying from parkour. So it was all about juicy news after all. That's why the news traveled all around the globe without any search or evidence of truth. That's why none would have bothered if the fall "caused eon to become handicapped for life". But death, yeah that's more spicy, let's spread it. After all, in the bottom of our hearts we were all expecting to read about a pk death somewhere over the internet, didn't we?
You're such a dumbass....
1. Quite a few people did actually know him.
2. Death of a "leader" or anybody for that matter is always tragic. We have this thing called a conscience that allows us to feel for others.
3. Any sort of debilitating accident would have been noticed by the community and discussed, death being the most severe. Notice that we have 2 entire forums dedicated to the subject of injury.
4. It would be very disrespectful to have just come out and said "I don't believe it, it's all fake." I personally couldn't even imagine that someone in the parkour community would do something so despicable.

Secondly, I heard people making donations or giving money to plant trees in Greece because of Eon's dying. And after that proved to be a lie, people felt angry. So I will suppose they never intended on actually giving money on planting trees. So why did they do it in the first place? So they can boast about it later?
There was also going to be a fund to give money directly to his family. Of course people won't give the money to plant trees now because there's nobody to make a damn memorial for. What kind of idiotic thinking is this?

In short, pull your head out of your ass. Grow up.

I really wanted to let this post go but it was so disrespectful to the APK community that I had to address it.
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.

Offline Jackson Miller

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formerly Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2008, 06:21:33 PM »
Well, this is a good lesson.  The lesson is to check your sources.  And we have leared our lesson.  Team kinesis and their forum is no better than a cr@ppy internet source.  SO now we know....

NEVER accept team Kinesis as a valid source of info or a valid pk group.  That is what you wanted us to learn right Noxiousturd?  You and Eon has given your name an uncredible reputation and apparently that is what you wanted to do...

Offline noxteryn

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • The Japan Man
    • View Profile
    • Parkour Greece
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2008, 06:37:21 PM »
Actually, it is YOUR site that hosted crappy information, all I did was upload a video on YouTube, one that any intelligent person would immediately realise was faked. And it's okay, I hold no grudge against APK, since M2 was responsible enough to apologise. That was really cool. It's a shame ez from UF isn't as professional.

By the way, I keep seeing the word "lie" come up. Nobody lied to you guys. It was perfectly clear if you people had opened your eyes. If you read in the newspaper that someone "killed himself for the lolz", would you start a fundraiser for his family, or suspect that the story is very much likely fake? Because that's what the Video Description said. If you saw a video, the tags of which included the keywords "fake", "joke", and "prank", would you seriously believe that the video was about an actual event that really happened? Really?

Please stop using the word "lie", it's not valid.

- "Hey, what did you guys talk about?"
- "Your mom."
- "Wow, did you really talk about my mom?!?"
- "No, idiot, that was an obvious joke."
- "Oh my God, you lied to me!!!!"
"Practice makes permanent - not perfect."

Offline Laurie Jennifer

• is back! <3
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • The traceuse formerly known as "lauriejennifer"
    • View Profile
    • A Blog, for change of pace
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2008, 06:54:43 PM »
lying is the intent to deceive or mislead.  say, for example, you're a little kid and your mom doesn't want you playing with your friend, billy (he's a "bad influence," she says). but you stop by billy's house after school.  you stay there a while, and on your way home you pop in the library real quick.  you finally come home and mom, of course, asks where you were.  "i went to the library," you say.  technically, that's true.  but you still lied.

see, lying can take different forms, but the intent is always the same: to be misleading.

if someone saw the video, then checked with you guys on your forums for confirmation, and confirmation was seemingly found from your own mouth (keyboard)...  that's lying.
Queen of Puns

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2008, 06:55:24 PM »
intentionally vague and deceptive...

how is that not lying?

lies of omission are still lies...

and really, im not all that mad...in fact, i pretty much knew it was severely questionable from the start...but like other people said, it occured to me "why would someone joke about THAT?"

i just think you guys are idiots and basically spitting on us, our discipline and our intelligence...and all for the lulz!  how about that.

If you don't see how this is disrespectful, rude and arrogant...then I feel bad for you on a variety of levels...

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2008, 07:05:18 PM »
Oh yea... we all look at Youtube videos to read the tags... that's what we should care about. I should have known that the 4+ minutes of video dedicated to something as tragic as a fellow traceur's death wasn't what I should pay attention to. Why would that be important to someone anyway? Golly gee thanks.

...dumbass.

Supporting the spread of misinformation is a lie, stop trying to make yourself feel better. Nobody will trust you now. For all we know, you edited those in just to cover your ass. But, oh, I didn't say that you did. Hahaha funny, right?

Not even really mad anymore... I almost just feel sorry for you guys since it's so pathetic.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 07:08:21 PM by Alec Furtado »
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.

Offline KC Parsons

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat. Move. Improve.
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2008, 07:20:21 PM »
The thing is:
had we all seen it directly on youtube first, it's quite possible many, if not at least one person, would have seen the tags and then known.

However, it was posted on the main page, therefore a write-up from us, along with an embedded video, where tags aren't present for us.

So that had a lot to do with it..

I'm not saying it wasn't f#cked up, though.

Offline Brian Devaughn Hamilton

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • the pic is from yearbookyourself.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2008, 07:24:50 PM »
yeah im through with it. they are not to bright, every come back sounds like something a child would say or an idiot would say.  well Eon i hope you and your team practice safely and i hope you learned something from this yourselves.

Offline Michael Bergeron

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2008, 07:48:08 PM »
NEVER accept team Kinesis as a valid source of info or a valid pk group.  That is what you wanted us to learn right Noxiousturd?  You and Eon has given your name an uncredible reputation and apparently that is what you wanted to do...

Agreed.  Also, why is it that Eon can't come forward and say anything? 

He kept posting to defend himself and say he would explain it, and so far, all we have is Nox explaining how he got the giggles from making a fake memorial video on the internet.

Personally, i wonder what's going to happen to team kinesis.  Do they have corporate sponsors for events, etc?  How do they feel about this?   What will media groups that love slandering PK as dangerous do when they hear that a major group in Greece decided for fun, and to teach the internet a lesson, that they would fake a death.
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Offline Samuel96

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Bear hunter-3rd in command
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2008, 08:08:33 PM »
Even if he cried wolf, he made a point of it. It is like the storytellers point of view. The story teller knows that's not true, but wants to make a point of it, and some day the little kid who listened to the story teller will one day pass the story down.

What's done is done. We should not dwell on the past because he cannot change time. So, now that we know that the story is not true, lets pass it down, or rather the moral of the story.

Eon, I forgive you.

Edit: Everyone smite me for my understanding! I don't care!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 08:53:07 PM by Sam "Notsolittleninja" »

Offline Spyder0527

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2008, 08:19:03 PM »

Please stop using the word "lie", it's not valid.

- "Hey, what did you guys talk about?"
- "Your mom."
- "Wow, did you really talk about my mom?!?"
- "No, idiot, that was an obvious joke."
- "Oh my God, you lied to me!!!!"

Actually that WOULD be a lie if you didn't actually talk to his mom.  Just like it was a lie about how this 'Eon' fool died.

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2008, 08:31:06 PM »
Woah - I did not - certainly not- apologize to anyone from Team Kinesis. I apologized to the people of
APK for posting information which I had TRIED to confirm by validating two separate sources.

I think this is a crappy way to "teach people a lesson" - and your little game of collecting quotes is a farce - what people will remember for a long time is that you cannot be trusted.

I have seen several of your group now say "this is not a lie". Absolute bullshit with NO valid argument. Information was falsified, Eon created a video faking his own death, then posted about it on the team page (how is that not a lie) and posted about it as somebody else on your forums (how is that not a lie?).

As for being sad, I specifically (as did Max) pointed out that even had he died doing Parkour, Eon would not be a martyr or a hero, any more than he would have been if he died in a motorcylce crash but was in fact a traceur. It was sad to me to think that someone in our global community had died while practicing, just as it would be sad to me if anyone in any circle of friends passed away. I offered to collect funds in response to a community wish to do something in Eon's memory - these are the people you deceived.

As a group you have pointed to several "Parkour Deaths" of people who DIDN'T DO PARKOUR - the media made it that way, but now they have a story about a TRACEUR who DIED PRACTICING - do you think THEY are checking the forums to find out that you were lying? No, they will not, they will cite your death as "another parkour death.

I am not arguing with you, I am telling you what you did and how you did it was wrong and has bad consequences.

Thanks so much for a lesson I didn't need, in a way I didn't need it that puts a bad mark on Parkour and your team with no positive benefit (as you can see, people here are mad, not thankful for your "lesson").

I'm glad I personally wasted my time to spread your false information, only to have to waste more time to tell you that what you did is wrong and that the twisted logic you have made up to make it right is weak and doesn't reflect the true outcome.

I am happy that nobody died, however I am also very disappointed that this will not be the public perception, as they will have remembered the original notices far more than they are likely to check your weak explanations in forums.

Seriously, what made you think everyone needed a lesson from you? Greek traceurs with bad form and bad videos? go teach them, not try to fool them. If anything you have lost their trust, not changed their habits.

Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Offline Chris Kessler

• Mangabey
  • iJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2008, 08:38:13 PM »
And thus was the atom bomb dropped.

Nice Mark.

I think this ends this thread basically.
"We don't stop playing because we grow up. We grow up because we stop playing."
-Tim "Livewire" Shieff

Offline Kyle Ryan

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2008, 08:43:55 PM »
Woah - I did not - certainly not- apologize to anyone from Team Kinesis. I apologized to the people of
APK for posting information which I had TRIED to confirm by validating two separate sources.

OWNED.

I think you should spare us your pity stories and how you "wanted to change things in Greece," because you went about doing that affecting more than just the people in Greece and you did it in a very morally f#cked and extremely unnecessary way. By doing which you have lost almost all respect from American traceurs. So how about you keep that mental attitude out of our discipline, stop trying to get your 5 minutes of fame and go back to being the nobody that you were.

You have tarnished your name and the name of your fellow traceurs. Anyone who went with this "plan" is just as morally f#cked as you are.

Offline Samuel96

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2008, 09:01:24 PM »
Guys, you need to step back, take a deep breath, and look at point of view. Eon could not continue teaching parkour in Greece if he was "dead," the information would leak after a while. So, he knew this would happen. He took a risk and let's not linger on the past because "what's done is done. We should not dwell on the past because he cannot change time. So, now that we know that the story is not true, lets pass it down, or rather the moral of the story." Let's look at the moral, instead of the falseness. And, no, some random moron should not just say "The moral is that Eon is just a moron!" NO!!!!

It is 1 vs 100, and Eon has a point. It is just not heard amidst the anger.

EDIT: "Play nice and we won't have any problems. Speak your mind, but do it with respect and dignity." -Mark>forum rules

Offline Spyder0527

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2008, 09:17:24 PM »
Guys, you need to step back, take a deep breath, and look at point of view. Eon could not continue teaching parkour in Greece if he was "dead," the information would leak after a while. So, he knew this would happen. He took a risk and let's not linger on the past because "what's done is done. We should not dwell on the past because he cannot change time. So, now that we know that the story is not true, lets pass it down, or rather the moral of the story." Let's look at the moral, instead of the falseness. And, no, some random moron should not just say "The moral is that Eon is just a moron!" NO!!!!

It is 1 vs 100, and Eon has a point. It is just not heard amidst the anger.

EDIT: "Play nice and we won't have any problems. Speak your mind, but do it with respect and dignity." -Mark>forum rules

I doubt they had any lesson in mind anyways.  The youtube tags clearly show that this story was intended to be a joke.  And a pretty sick one at that.

Offline Samuel96

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2008, 09:24:09 PM »
Ummmmm WOW

If you think that someone that known would dosomething that arbitrary...just wow.

Offline Kineticstorm

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2008, 10:51:01 PM »
I'm just glad that I could take part in you're grand experiment. Thank you for teaching me that from now on when I hear someone has died to check the fine print and see what it has been tagged as. How stupid of me not to assume that that a complete stranger is lying to me with no obvious benefit for themselves. Guess you showed me.
As soon as you stop pushing yourself, stop trying to reach your paragon, the day that you become content with your abilities and place in life, that's the day you start dying.