Author Topic: Eon Death a Hoax  (Read 18085 times)

Offline Spyder0527

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Eon Death a Hoax
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2008, 09:00:38 AM »
Think outside of the box and you may finally see the true intentions of two individuals.

I don't agree with this statement.  Why should we have to be skeptical of everything, especially on a forum with our friends and fellow practitioners.  If you wanted to make a point, you could have kept the story in your own community.

Offline Kineticstorm

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2008, 09:09:50 AM »
No matter how you try to justify it by saying "all will be made clear" or whatever. What you did was wrong. The worst part about this is that you are violating what I was always led to believe was a major tenant of PKFR, which is take responsibility for your actions. All I hear from you is excuses and retorts. Exactly how did you see this part of your "plan" playing out. That the community would welcome you back with open arms? And how about when the next PK community member dies, do you think that everyone will believe it then? Side note, please avoid homophobic comments in your responses.
As soon as you stop pushing yourself, stop trying to reach your paragon, the day that you become content with your abilities and place in life, that's the day you start dying.

Offline KC Parsons

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat. Move. Improve.
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2008, 09:14:59 AM »
Honestly, couldn't you have just said you were seriously injured, but now okay, after falling from a rooftop?

That could've gotten the point across without the unnecessary negative consequences.

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2008, 09:23:07 AM »
Well just like any story or novel, usually the theme is enhanced a lot more when the character dies... or so my english teachers say.

Still, was it worth all this grief?
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.

Offline KC Parsons

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat. Move. Improve.
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2008, 09:23:58 AM »
Well just like any story or novel, usually the theme is enhanced a lot more when the character dies... or so my english teachers say.

Still, was it worth all this grief?
Yeah, that's the problem. It was TOO enhanced.
Whereas a severe injury may have opened a few people's eyes without all the grief and whatnot.

Offline Sam Zytka

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2008, 09:25:17 AM »
this was a horrible prank and i am no way promoting or endorsing it, and still think it was a horrible thing to do.

Honestly though, when you heard about this and before you knew it was a prank, didnt it really put things into perspective for you?  I know it did for me, it made me re examine my training in the past and i will probably not take unnecessary risks because of the feeling i got when i heard of this.  If they said a severe injury it would have not had the same affect on me

it was a terrible thing to do and i still am i upset that it was a prank but in a way it did help me

just my opinion and i have a feeling i will get smited a lot for this but o well

Offline Kiernan

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2008, 09:46:16 AM »
Sure I'm pretty upset about this, I mean I actually cried over your death dude! BUT I'm not going to freak out and get all pissed off at you (yet another mental obstacle) BUT I am very curious about why you'd do something like this? Couldn't you have at least told the "leaders" (or whatever) of the different PK/freerunning communities? I mean M2 and people at UrbanFreeflow (ect.) have probably spent the last week in grief AND trying to comfort upset/grieving students and friends, I mean, sure I was upset but I'm sure the admins of APK (and other forums) are even more upset because of the uproar of upset people they've had to deal with.......*sigh* all I'm saying is THINK before you act! Please?!

Offline Kyle Ryan

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2008, 09:49:42 AM »

Now back to pretending you don't exist.
That's pretty gay

And faking your own death isn't...?

One more thing, why is it you keep telling us that "it will all be made clear" and "you will soon see my reasons," is it because you are just going to try and bullshit the community again with your false statements and accusations.

I don't think we should have to wait. Give us the answer now.

Offline Casquinha

• Mangabey
  • Dan Handley --- formerly "CommandoChicken"
    • View Profile
    • Joke Pizza
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2008, 09:57:03 AM »
R.I.P.  Eon's integrity -- Oct. 18, 2008

Let's all mourn together.

--Daniel C. Handley
"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave no trace." -- A much better version

Offline Kiernan

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2008, 10:02:08 AM »
^ more like "RIP team kinesis, Eon took you all down with him"

sure I don't have a prob with anyone really, but at the same time Eon did kinda paint his team a bad name....

Hyper_Mode

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2008, 10:07:13 AM »
Hmm.. Did anyone else have suspicions it was fake? Because I googled it and couldn't find a news article on it anywhere... And if this really happened I'm sure that the media would have covered it.

Anyhow.. That was a cruel thing to do..

Offline KC Parsons

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat. Move. Improve.
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2008, 10:18:36 AM »
Hmm.. Did anyone else have suspicions it was fake? Because I googled it and couldn't find a news article on it anywhere... And if this really happened I'm sure that the media would have covered it.

Anyhow.. That was a cruel thing to do..

And the youtube video had fake, prank, and hoax in the tags..

Offline Shae Perkins

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Texas tough
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2008, 10:19:12 AM »
I give up. Obviously this kid doesn't get it. He messed up bad and he doesn't even understand.

So Eon- Have fun with your life :)
This post was based off of my personal gatherings. Enjoy:)

Offline Kiernan

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2008, 10:22:27 AM »
Okay, everyone has come to 2 conclusions-

Eon messed up
everyone is pissed at Eon.....

end of discussion? I mean, yelling at the dude REALLY isn't gonna help (not to be the party pooper people but c'mon) I'm fairly sure he at least gets the point, whether or not he takes it to heart is up to him....

Offline Michael Bergeron

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2008, 10:29:34 AM »
What really needs to happen is for some reasoning behind his actions to be brought forth.

Everyone wants to know why, and he keeps on saying he'll make it all clear soon, but in reality, he's just being suspicious, probably because there was no reason other than his own ego wanting to know how many people he could upset.

So what now Eon?  Are you going to say anything that constitutes a reasoning behind your idiocy?  Or will you make your team mates suffer indignity because of your underhanded lies?
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Offline Kiernan

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2008, 10:31:31 AM »
^ I agree +1 bro, I mean, why?! I even e-mailed you Eon, then again you've probably gotten to many angry e-mails to even bother checking.....anyway yes an explanation would be nice right about now...

Offline Spyder0527

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2008, 10:48:53 AM »
I don't really think there is anything else left to say without starting more fights and drama.  Probably best to just let it die, no pun intended.

Offline Samuel96

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Bear hunter-3rd in command
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2008, 11:08:45 AM »
Well, I am going to jump a gap just to prove a point to you. The gap is small, maybe a 7 foot leap and 3 foot drop. But, some teen will probably read this and say, "Oh, I think that's not true, they have a fake point. They are just being paranoid."

Offline WQ F

• Patas
  • Group Theory
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2008, 11:50:36 AM »
I had always been suspicious about this death news. I checked here ever time I get on to hope to see that the death is not real. Well, I guess I'm happy that you are alive and doing well. Your intentions were good, but faking your own death is quite extreme and unnecessary.
You shouldn't try to do multiple experiments to calculate linear vertical acceleration over large distances.

Offline Jackson Miller

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formerly Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2008, 12:16:07 PM »
HE HAS NO REASON!!! 
 LISTEN:

What Eon is going to try to do is SHOW THE RESULTS of his "experiment" and say that was the reason.  That is Unacceptable Eon, that is not a reason at all.  He has no divine explanation so don't wait for it.  He is just going to show us the results.

Eon you should have kept this to your own community and not involved others.  Then again you shouldn't have done it at all.