Author Topic: Eon Death a Hoax  (Read 18555 times)

Offline Ryan Nicolai

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Notorius Buttmunch
    • View Profile
    • Hehehe
Re: Eon Death a Hoax
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2008, 08:45:30 PM »
Eh, this doesn't seem to affect me much. I was all for supporting his family if it had happened, now I think we need to move on and find his reason why.

Was it distasteful, very much so. Wrong... no more than Pauly Shore.

“The character that takes command in moments of crucial choices has already been determined by a thousand other choices made earlier in seemingly unimportant moments." ~ Ronald Reagan

Offline Shae Perkins

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Texas tough
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2008, 09:08:12 PM »
You know whats really messed up. During my conditioning today I did a few extra reps for Eon...you know back when I thought he was dead!!! >:(
This post was based off of my personal gatherings. Enjoy:)

Offline Spyder0527

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2008, 09:21:53 PM »
I'm just as ticked off as you guys are but the response of the community shocked me most.  It's amazing to see a whole community that is spread across the world have sympathy and remorse for each other.  At least I know that if I were to die, or one of my friends, from parkour that they would not be forgotten.

Offline Chris Slater

• Mangabey
  • PARKOUR PIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2008, 09:30:54 PM »
i went out and made a whole training video beacuse of this guy i was training for him but know that i know he is not dead that just makes my stomach turn but at least the guy isnt dead even if it was a bad joke this is a little reminder to train safe and be smart about your surrondings. So out of all this at least he isnt dead and traing safe
Go outside already!!

Offline LittleKey

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2008, 10:13:02 PM »
wow. i don't know why someone could think that would be funny.
Mission Viejo, California!

Offline Haris Kar

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2008, 04:32:14 AM »
Try as hard as you can...and if you fail...you suck

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2008, 04:45:47 AM »
Copied from the other thread which is now locked.

Haris, this is not an excuse for him or your team.

First off, Alex Leatherborrow was LOOKING OVER THE SIDE of a building when he fell . not a practitioner.

Second, YOUR TEAM did support the hoax, it was on your team page and your forums, so you can't possibly say "we didn't know about it".

Third, saying "look at all these good quotes" is like saying that all the solidarity and bonding of the Jews is a great reason to have a haulocaust - it's just plain bullshit.

I have actually started a fund to plant trees in Greece ... people have emailed me with donations - many people have gone through an emotional time, needlessly. This really is inexcusable.
Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Offline Haris Kar

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2008, 05:25:45 AM »
Haris, this is not an excuse for him or your team.
First of all I didn’t try to excuse him. I clarified the reasons so that people don’t get the wrong idea for his intentions.

First off, Alex Leatherborrow was LOOKING OVER THE SIDE of a building when he fell . not a practitioner.
the last DEATH IN PARKOUR happened in last years august in England. 14tr old Alex L. fell off the roof of his school WHEN LOOKING AT A JUMP and died from injuries. It can't get more clear than that….If he had kept his parkour off the roofs this wouldn’t have happened.

Second, YOUR TEAM did support the hoax, it was on your team page and your forums, so you can't possibly say "we didn't know about it".
Eon is the administrator of both our team page and the pkgr forum site. He placed the info there himself, and noxteryn was responsible for the video on youtube. Strangely I don’t have access to our page since my posts here….. Plus they posted a confirmation of eons’ death on the pkgr forum by using the account of another team member (kostis) without him knowing anything about it.

And I said we didn’t know what he was planning. He told as AFTER he had posted the video and the news of his death. While I was on my way to training on Sunday I was called twice from people I didn’t know and I was consoled about eons’ death without knowing anything about it.

Third, saying "look at all these good quotes" is like saying that all the solidarity and bonding of the Jews is a great reason to have a haulocaust - it's just plain bullshit.
Far from the same. . Hitler was not aiming at getting the Jews together, when he created the holocaust. His aim was simply to kill them… Those replies is what eon was aiming for. He believes that this “this really opened my eyes to the importance of training in a safe environment” was really worth all the trouble.

So don’t put the blame on people who had nothing to do with, simply because you don’t know what happened in this story.
 I agree with you on one thing though, (I told him that last week when he informed of what he had done) This really is inexcusable… and stupid way to promote a message.

Offline Aaron Ream

• Patas
  • "Kansas"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2008, 06:05:31 AM »
See, I have a hard time believing that's the real Eon now. The main fault with the internet is that anyone can come on and make an account under any name.
I'll never look back
Ive got No Regrets
Cause time doesn't wait for me
I Choose to go my own way

Offline Haris Kar

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2008, 06:12:29 AM »
It's him

Offline Laurie Jennifer

• is back! <3
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • The traceuse formerly known as "lauriejennifer"
    • View Profile
    • A Blog, for change of pace
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2008, 06:33:53 AM »
pointing out someone else's wrong doesn't excuse your own. eon, you cannot blame people's reactions, even if they are angry and smearing. you are the one who put your team in a bad light by doing this in their name, even if they had nothing to do this.  if you pull crap like this, you forfeit your right to be upset about how others choose to respond.
Queen of Puns

Offline Laurie Jennifer

• is back! <3
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • The traceuse formerly known as "lauriejennifer"
    • View Profile
    • A Blog, for change of pace
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2008, 07:08:18 AM »
no offense, but you have no right to be making claims about other people being manipulative.

let's see what ends you say justify these means.
Queen of Puns

Offline Shae Perkins

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Texas tough
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2008, 07:39:54 AM »
Man, you have no right to critisize anyone at this point. What you did was messed up. I don't care what your intentions were. Death is not something you just play with and make jokes about.

I will wait and see where this ends up. But I really don't think the ends justify the means :/

nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Did you seriously just quote Assassin's Creed?! You really are something kid...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 07:42:17 AM by Shae "shae" Perkins »
This post was based off of my personal gatherings. Enjoy:)

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2008, 07:42:36 AM »
In the very basic form, you lied.  To the whole world.  And you lied about a death.

Since when is lying acceptable and good?  Isn't this the reason we hate politicians and lawyers?  Deadbeat fathers and mothers?

I hope you don't believe in Karma...because people who do are probably saying prayers for you...

If you think what you were doing was good..thats fine...I saw your video...my first impression was "his kongs are just mediocre...he had no business up on a roof".

I am glad you think you were helping the community.  Truth is, you hurt it, horribly.  People who propagate the TRUE intentions of parkour know that this isn't about rooftops and big, dangerous jumps. You didn't need to bring this to anyone's attention.

I am not too happy to be part of the same worldwide community that you are a part of.  

I hope I never see you at the first big International Jam.  I hope I never meet anyone from your team.  I hope that if I do, I am not forced to interact with you - share a table, share a meal, share a hello.

I am not alone in these feelings.  I am pretty sure most of the world feels the same way.

Nothing you can say will change my opinion.

Have a good life.  Enjoy your rooftops and videos.  I am going to try and forget that you exist, for now.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 07:44:45 AM by Chris Salvato »

Offline Chris Kessler

• Mangabey
  • iJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2008, 07:43:58 AM »
So.... This was somehow a test. We don't exactly know what it was testing but it was a bullshit way of testing it.

Eon, I'm going to put this plainly. Regardless of the way that you handled questioning, you lied on a worldwide scale. I am sorry that your team got pulled into it, if indeed they had no control over it, but how dare you. I didn't even know you man. I came up with the idea to host remembrance jams for you.

It's plain and simple, no "test" in this community should involve a faked death. Death is a sacred and sorrowful thing and the PK world feels tied to each other. You brought us together to mourn you, and you'll bring us together to be mad at you (I didn't say hate here because that doesn't seem to be a part of our ways).

If you were trying to show how people should train safely, make an instructional video. If you were trying to show how we are a strong community, then MAKE A VIDEO.

Well, you've accomplished one thing. You've brought communities from all over the world together. And you lied to them. Unforgivable.
"We don't stop playing because we grow up. We grow up because we stop playing."
-Tim "Livewire" Shieff

Offline John VO

• Guenons
  • *Smile, smile*
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2008, 07:51:31 AM »
Regardless of what you say, you still manipulated everyone who didn't ask privately into believing that you were dead. You're just using thin coat of paint, the "lesson", to justify a stupid prank.

You've just proven yourself to be the largest b@st@rd in the parkour community. Congratulations. You will receive your trophy in 50,000 to 60,000 business days.

Offline Michael Bergeron

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2008, 08:10:06 AM »
I can't wait to hear the reasoning behind all of this.

Also, did you think about the damage to the sport this hoax may cause? 

While I'm new, i'm dedicated, and hearing the news of your death didn't shake me, but imagine how it may have scared some people away from the sport.

How many people would want to do something if they heard about someone splattering their brains on the sidewalk while training?  What about parents that are trying to understand what their children are doing?

I can't imagine any parent would be overly excited their kids were jumping from rooftop to rooftop as is, but now add the factor of death, and douche bags that fake their own death for fun and the sport as a whole may be taking a huge hit.
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Offline John VO

• Guenons
  • *Smile, smile*
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2008, 08:13:21 AM »
Haris is right, i am the administrator of both pkgr and teamkinesis, i've put all the misleading info there.
These actions were part of a plan that will soon be posted along with it's results, everywhere.
It should be noted, that everyone who asked about my "death" privately, got the truth with honesty and then actually helped with the plan.
Spreaded the rumor that is. In addition, we never actually lied. Publicly questions where answered crypticly but with no lies.

You can't even imagine how many people supported and will openly show their support to this idea.

Stefanos Kiourkoulis

Everything in bold proves my point. Even though you never technically lied, you manipulated people by not giving straight answers, creating misleading information, and not stepping up to tell the truth about what happened before it became a big deal.

And you admitted it.

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2008, 08:20:22 AM »
I don't really care who did what... pointing blame and throwing poo never gets anything done most of the time.

I do care that this went too far. Maybe you didn't want it to get this big, but it did. I didn't know you but people who did were completely heartbroken. When it comes out that you are actually alive, what can you expect except that they are all extremely pissed for pulling some shit like this.

If you think the ends justified the means in this case... well I don't know what to tell you.
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2008, 08:25:05 AM »
I meet MANY traceurs who start by jumping off a roof.  You know how long it take to correct this?  Sititng down with them for less than 5 minutes...and I don't need to fake any injuries or deaths.

What you did will repel people from parkour....which i believe is intended to get people BACK into moving as humans were intended to move.

Sorry,  you're wrong.  Now back to pretending you don't exist.