Author Topic: Eon Death a Hoax  (Read 18550 times)

Offline Shae Perkins

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Texas tough
    • View Profile
Re: Eon Death a Hoax
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2008, 11:17:09 PM »
I think we all should all just relax. Eon is a dumbass. What he did was inexcusable regardless of his so called "results". He messed up and we really can't change that. So I think we should all just get on with our training and our life and forget about it.
This post was based off of my personal gatherings. Enjoy:)

Offline KC Parsons

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat. Move. Improve.
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2008, 11:20:56 PM »
I think we all should all just relax. Eon is a dumbass. What he did was inexcusable regardless of his so called "results". He messed up and we really can't change that. So I think we should all just get on with our training and our life and forget about it.

To let the negatives of what happened completely blind you of the positives is the trademark of a fool.

Sure, we should feel at least a little wronged, but that doesn't mean there wasn't an educating aspect to what they did.

And yes, I think I speak for all of us in saying, "I'm already ahead of you on the just getting on with our training part."

Adapt, learn the most you can from all of your experiences in life, and assimilate it into your total-life schema.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 11:24:14 PM by QMKC »

Offline Zachary Cohn

• APK Alliance
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • I do cool stuff.
    • View Profile
    • ZacCohn.com
« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2008, 11:21:24 PM »

It is 1 vs 100, and Eon has a point. It is just not heard amidst the anger.

Is beating a dog an acceptable way to teach it that it was wrong?

Even if you have a valid point, sometimes the means and method of delivery are unacceptable and unnecessary.

Offline Cellar

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2008, 12:08:46 AM »
i gladly accept the consequences,
i understand that the means where far from acceptable. :)
Just know that the consequences were tarnishing your name and reputation, not only as a traceur, but as a man. Tarnishing the name and reputation of the Team you've allegedly worked so hard to build. And to an extent tarnishing the name of all traceurs by lying about dying while doing parkour, making it seem more dangerous than it actually is. You may have made some people wary about the truth of things they read on the internet, which may be good and bad. If you can fool a large portion of a community into believing they are dead, why should someone believe when an experienced traceur tells people to gradually progress because they might hurt themselves if they do too much too fast? You could have just written "Don't believe everything you read" and kept it out of parkour, because your lesson had NOTHING to do with any part of parkour.

In referrence to your "means" deceiving people so that they become less trustfull of information is akin to breaking into their house so that they'll get better security. Or running over their dog so that they'll tie it up better. Or beating them up so they'll learn how to defend themselves. You didn't help anyone more than you hurt them.

I'm glad you're alive and I hope that one day you'll be able to recognize that this was wrong.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 12:10:50 AM by Cellar »
I like to play in the snow. I stick my hands in, now where did they go?
It might be mighty cold, but that's all part of not doin' what you're told.
I write the B-Sides-Eels

Offline Jackson Miller

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formerly Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2008, 01:16:53 AM »
i gladly accept the consequences,
i understand that the means where far from acceptable. :)

I just have one question EON.  Are you sorry?  If you think what you did (the means) was unacceptable, then are you sorry?  Or at least sorry for the affect you have had on people? 

Offline ToPaxyGourouni

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2008, 01:43:55 AM »
   @ Entity, Does it really matter if Eon is sorry? Will people abroad be less angry if Eon is sorry? If I had to make a guess, of course he is not sorry. He planned the thing from the start,he thought of the possibilities, including the possibility of people getting mad, why would he be sorry?

@ Cellar: Cellar said: "And to an extent tarnishing the name of all traceurs by lying about dying while doing parkour, making it seem more dangerous than it actually is."
      Are you actually suggesting that parkour is not dangerous? That people cannot die by falling from rooftops while practicing parkour? Do you think what happened (supposedly) to Eon cannot actually happen? I really hope you reconsider, because that kind of thoughts is what will get someone killed for real some time.

@ schopper32: Quote: "How stupid of me not to assume that that a complete stranger is lying to me with no obvious benefit for themselves."  
        On the other hand, feeling sorry for someone complete stranger to you dying is a smart move. People die all around the world every day. Their death is often on the internet of the news etc. Do you feel sorry for all of them? Plus, if you think that conclusion is what Eon was going after, then his video was a complete waste of time.

@Alec Furtado: Quote: "In short, pull your head out of your ass. Grow up."
          You really, really need to learn how to communicate. And you really, really have to learn some manners. And you really, really need to grow up. You, not anyone else.

Offline KC Parsons

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat. Move. Improve.
« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2008, 01:52:25 AM »
  @ Entity, Does it really matter if Eon is sorry? Will people abroad be less angry if Eon is sorry? If I had to make a guess, of course he is not sorry. He planned the thing from the start,he thought of the possibilities, including the possibility of people getting mad, why would he be sorry?

@ Cellar: Cellar said: "And to an extent tarnishing the name of all traceurs by lying about dying while doing parkour, making it seem more dangerous than it actually is."
      Are you actually suggesting that parkour is not dangerous? That people cannot die by falling from rooftops while practicing parkour? Do you think what happened (supposedly) to Eon cannot actually happen? I really hope you reconsider, because that kind of thoughts is what will get someone killed for real some time.

@ schopper32: Quote: "How stupid of me not to assume that that a complete stranger is lying to me with no obvious benefit for themselves."  
        On the other hand, feeling sorry for someone complete stranger to you dying is a smart move. People die all around the world every day. Their death is often on the internet of the news etc. Do you feel sorry for all of them? Plus, if you think that conclusion is what Eon was going after, then his video was a complete waste of time.

@Alec Furtado: Quote: "In short, pull your head out of your ass. Grow up."
          You really, really need to learn how to communicate. And you really, really have to learn some manners. And you really, really need to grow up. You, not anyone else.

Some of your logic is sound, but remember, emotion and logic tend to conflict.
Emotion tending to win a lot more often than logic.

So if you were to have this conversation on the hypothetical situation of this entire event, you may get better response....however:
Because it already happened, and many traceurs here feel hurt (emotion), they won't try and reason (logic) with the ones who did it.

Offline ToPaxyGourouni

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2008, 01:56:25 AM »
You are 100% right, and sadly emotion will always win against logic. That's why I personally lock away my keyboard when I am about to speak with emotions. I get absent from the forums until I am ready to speak logic again. Then again, it's only internet after all, it's one of the best, wonderful and lovely NOT important things in our life :)

Offline KC Parsons

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat. Move. Improve.
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2008, 01:59:08 AM »
You are 100% right, and sadly emotion will always win against logic. That's why I personally lock away my keyboard when I am about to speak with emotions. I get absent from the forums until I am ready to speak logic again. Then again, it's only internet after all, it's one of the best, wonderful and lovely NOT important things in our life :)

I'd have to disagree on it not being important.
I've learned so much because of it.

Oh, and I wouldn't be a traceur, more than likely, if it weren't around.

Offline ToPaxyGourouni

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2008, 02:05:38 AM »
What I mean is that internet probably taught you some things. As you said, you wouldn't be a traceur without it. So being a traceur is one wonderful and important thing in your life. As is your conditioning , which is exactly what made you a traceur. Also your aspects and opinions,as they are expressed through the internet , are also wonderful important things of your life. But internet itself, is just a means. Nothing more. It can be good info, but it can also be bad info, like in Eon's case. So that's what I was meant with "Internet is one of the Not important things". I should have explained it better, but I wanted to be poetic :S

Offline KC Parsons

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat. Move. Improve.
« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2008, 02:08:20 AM »
What I mean is that internet probably taught you some things. As you said, you wouldn't be a traceur without it. So being a traceur is one wonderful and important thing in your life. As is your conditioning , which is exactly what made you a traceur. Also your aspects and opinions,as they are expressed through the internet , are also wonderful important things of your life. But internet itself, is just a means. Nothing more. It can be good info, but it can also be bad info, like in Eon's case. So that's what I was meant with "Internet is one of the Not important things". I should have explained it better, but I wanted to be poetic :S

I wouldn't know how to condition properly if it weren't for the internet.
Much of the knowledge I've gained that shapes my aspects and opinions was via the internet.

It's just a means, yes, but those means will affect your life.

Offline noxteryn

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • The Japan Man
    • View Profile
    • Parkour Greece
« Reply #111 on: October 26, 2008, 02:32:11 AM »
Woah - I did not - certainly not- apologize to anyone from Team Kinesis. I apologized to the people of
APK for posting information which I had TRIED to confirm by validating two separate sources.
That's what I meant.
 :)

QMKC, you would have learned a lot more about how to condition properly if you visited a university library.
Books >> Internet.
That's how it'll always be.

Anyway, this seems to be getting dragged to eternity. Don't say stuff on the internet you wouldn't say in person. None of you guys would talk to Eon like that, if you met him in person. Let us all relax.

TK17 once said that what he likes about the community is that no matter our different points of view and disagreements on the internet, we always get along fine and have fun when we meet in real life. He has a point.
"Practice makes permanent - not perfect."

Offline KC Parsons

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat. Move. Improve.
« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2008, 02:41:34 AM »
Woah - I did not - certainly not- apologize to anyone from Team Kinesis. I apologized to the people of
APK for posting information which I had TRIED to confirm by validating two separate sources.
That's what I meant.
 :)

QMKC, you would have learned a lot more about how to condition properly if you visited a university library.
Books >> Internet.
That's how it'll always be.

Anyway, this seems to be getting dragged to eternity. Don't say stuff on the internet you wouldn't say in person. None of you guys would talk to Eon like that, if you met him in person. Let us all relax.

TK17 once said that what he likes about the community is that no matter our different points of view and disagreements on the internet, we always get along fine and have fun when we meet in real life. He has a point.

That's not always true, but is a lot of the time.
However, finding out which books are most reliable can be found via the internet.

It's just so useful.

Offline Chris Paul Keighley

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 26, 2008, 03:52:48 AM »
Then again, It is all about facing the facts in my opinion. People mourned for eon's death, and now he is alive they are angry... I am under the impression that when you mourn for someone, you basically do not want them to be dead. So when they actually prove to be alive, you get angry? Sounds like weird way of thinking to me.

First of, why were you that sad? You did not know the guy, any of you. You were sorry because he (supposedly) died from pk practice. What if a traceur died from a car crash? Or from cancer? I bet none would be that sorry then. So it was not actually about eon's death, it was about someone dying from parkour. So it was all about juicy news after all.

You're wrong. Recently I guy that practised parkour died in our country and we did a demonstration to help raise funds to return his body to his native country.
HE DID NOT DIE DOING PARKOUR. But as members of a discipline with shared VALUES we wanted to help. If you can't understand that I don't know why you are here because you don't practise what I do.

And to Eon:   I have the good fortune to be friends with many guys who are very experienced and we all have the same view:  you don't have our support because your methods have no respect or value.

And to Nox: I find it ironic that someone who has been so vocal about the worldwide community NOT needing valuable resources like the experience of the original practitioners thinks that the world DOES need fake deaths.

And one final irony. You claim that this was done to highlight the need to check your facts from internet sources, but in the first defense by a member of your team, he quotes things about about a death in England by someone who didn't practise parkour, purely because he read it on the internet. Perhaps you should focus on educating your team before you lecture the world. Because we neither need nor want you.

Offline UR34N

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Parkour Clothing/ Urban Free Flow
« Reply #114 on: October 26, 2008, 04:25:02 AM »
Eon and Noxteryn, you serve absolutely no purpose.

I'll repeat what I said in my email to you when you sent your drivel......"Go f**k yourself!'

Offline noxteryn

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • The Japan Man
    • View Profile
    • Parkour Greece
« Reply #115 on: October 26, 2008, 05:04:55 AM »
And to Nox: I find it ironic that someone who has been so vocal about the worldwide community NOT needing valuable resources like the experience of the original practitioners thinks that the world DOES need fake deaths.

And one final irony. You claim that this was done to highlight the need to check your facts from internet sources, but in the first defense by a member of your team, he quotes things about about a death in England by someone who didn't practise parkour, purely because he read it on the internet. Perhaps you should focus on educating your team before you lecture the world. Because we neither need nor want you.
If you read my posts, I clearly stated that I did it for the lulz. So, I don't think the world "needs" anything.

And what team are you talking about? I don't belong in any teams. Never did.
"Practice makes permanent - not perfect."

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2008, 05:24:30 AM »
did it for the lulz? Seriously?? If you were here, not only would I talk to you like I talk to people face to face, I would probably give you a very quick lesson in martial arts.

As far as I am concerned, nobody related to this incident has a leg to stand on, it was a childish and stupid prnk which has caused harm to the parkour community.

As EZ points out, you don't even have your facts straight and you base your "need for the lesson" on things which YOU read which weren't true.

In the story of the boy who cries wolf, people eventually stop listening to the boy, maybe you didn't get the point of that story.
Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams