Author Topic: Eon Death a Hoax  (Read 18556 times)

Offline Chris Kessler

• Mangabey
  • iJump
    • View Profile
Eon Death a Hoax
« on: October 24, 2008, 12:43:51 PM »
So Eon is still alive.

From Urban Freeflow's main news feed:

Recently we reported about the passing of a Greek practitioner called Stefanos "Eon" Kiourkoulis, which created a real stir of emotion within the worldwide Freerun/Parkour scene. The good news is that he's alive and well. The very sad thing is that he and his team mates engineered it all as a hoax. We can't quite figure out the sense in doing something as insensitive as this but there you go, Team Kinesis have now had their 2 minutes under the spotlight for all the wrong reasons. Its a real shame that people have to go to these lengths to create attention.

If this is a duplicate thread then delete it.

Really kinda upsets me. I felt a real loss when I heard about it and I think we all felt something even though we didn't know him. Pretty low move to create a joke like that.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 01:29:53 PM by Chris Kessler »
"We don't stop playing because we grow up. We grow up because we stop playing."
-Tim "Livewire" Shieff

Offline Dan Elric

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: Eon Death a Hoax
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 12:51:54 PM »
 >:(
Hmph. How un-traceurish of them.

Offline Jacob Wood

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 01:00:22 PM »
with all the emotion already caused there is but one thing to do...
eon must die
jk :P but that is a really crappy prank

Offline Chris Slater

• Mangabey
  • PARKOUR PIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 01:06:16 PM »
well at least he isnt dead !
Go outside already!!

Offline Broc

• Patas
  • Meridian, ID
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 01:17:15 PM »
yeah its good he's alive but still thats pretty low

Offline Aaron Ream

• Patas
  • "Kansas"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 01:17:48 PM »
I'm glad he's not dead. But this really really irks me. I mean, what the hell??? If I met these guys in person, I wouldn't be able to talk to them. I'm utterly disgusted by this cruel prank.
I'll never look back
Ive got No Regrets
Cause time doesn't wait for me
I Choose to go my own way

Offline Spencer B

• the Romantic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ...*BANG*...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 01:25:10 PM »
I have a slew of insults and curses, just waiting to be unleashed, that are so vile and disgusting, that I would most certainly be banned from these forums for the rest of my life. That is to say... they're there, but I will refrain, instead, I'll just think them... To think, I mourned for this man like one might for the loss of a brother...  >:( >:( >:( >:(

I'm glad no one died, but this... It is a despicable, shameless act of the most deply perverted and warped measures of the human mind seeking fame and remembrance in the folds of a disturbing hoax. It is an undeniably ignoble thing to do, expecially in the explicit nature of this vile act. This is the worst overexpedient outreach by people whom obviously have no qualms whatsoever that I have ever witnessed and I hope I will never again have the displeasure of ever seeing again. I will forever carry an animus against this singular action.

Sorry to be so verboe, but I cleaned up and educated the slurs I was thinking.
www.cracked.com
www.tvtropes.org

There are times when you want to break down and rage at the heavens. Don't. Stay calm, and let the emotions flood in, accept them and then rise above them. Never dwell. Don't fear or worry. Anything worth thinking about is worth talking about. And... Good luck.

Offline Aaron Ream

• Patas
  • "Kansas"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 02:30:35 PM »
I have a slew of insults and curses, just waiting to be unleashed, that are so vile and disgusting, that I would most certainly be banned from these forums for the rest of my life. That is to say... they're there, but I will refrain, instead, I'll just think them... To think, I mourned for this man like one might for the loss of a brother...  >:( >:( >:( >:(

I'm glad no one died, but this... It is a despicable, shameless act of the most deply perverted and warped measures of the human mind seeking fame and remembrance in the folds of a disturbing hoax. It is an undeniably ignoble thing to do, expecially in the explicit nature of this vile act. This is the worst overexpedient outreach by people whom obviously have no qualms whatsoever that I have ever witnessed and I hope I will never again have the displeasure of ever seeing again. I will forever carry an animus against this singular action.

Sorry to be so verboe, but I cleaned up and educated the slurs I was thinking.

Don't be sorry. This is what many people are thinking exactly, you're just the one capable of putting it into words. +1
I'll never look back
Ive got No Regrets

Offline Alex L.

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 02:32:26 PM »
well......... I was going to put some kind of eon remembrance thing in my sig, but never mind.

Offline Haris Kar

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 03:37:16 PM »
Greetings and deepest apologies. My name is Haris and I am a member of Team Kinesis. I feel obligated towards myself and the rest of my teammates to inform everyone that the rest of Team Kinesis had nothing to do with this hoax. We did not take any part in this stupidity nor did we support it in any way. I myself learned about it from eon last Sunday and I haven’t been able to contact him since then. Both I and the rest of my friends are unaware of eons’ real intentions, even until this very moment.

The only reason we formed our team is so that we are able to promote safe and responsible parkour in Greece. We never indented to get in the spotlight or have our 2 minutes or fame or whatever.  I sincerely apologize from the bottoms of my heart for all the troubles that a friend of mine has caused to all of you. I still hope that his intentions for doing this were good. That is all. Thank you for listening to me. Please train safe and responsibly
Try as hard as you can...and if you fail...you suck

Offline Brandan Mendenhall

• Hirundo Rustica
  • [est. 1988]
    • View Profile
    • Arizona Parkour
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 04:32:05 PM »
I can't even begin to fathom a reason why, in this situation, faking one's own death would have "good intentions" behind it.
Your obstacle is my shortcut.

Offline Bret [Soundcrafter]

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 04:37:13 PM »
Greetings and deepest apologies. My name is Haris and I am a member of Team Kinesis. I feel obligated towards myself and the rest of my teammates to inform everyone that the rest of Team Kinesis had nothing to do with this hoax. We did not take any part in this stupidity nor did we support it in any way. I myself learned about it from eon last Sunday and I haven’t been able to contact him since then. Both I and the rest of my friends are unaware of eons’ real intentions, even until this very moment.

The only reason we formed our team is so that we are able to promote safe and responsible parkour in Greece. We never indented to get in the spotlight or have our 2 minutes or fame or whatever.  I sincerely apologize from the bottoms of my heart for all the troubles that a friend of mine has caused to all of you. I still hope that his intentions for doing this were good. That is all. Thank you for listening to me. Please train safe and responsibly

Since you've been present on other parts of the board, obviously YOU'RE not fake, so that's good. Thanks for clarifying.

Offline Aaron Ream

• Patas
  • "Kansas"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 04:46:01 PM »

Thank you dearly for clearing up the innocense of the team, some people are getting awfully angry at the team as a whole. As for Eon... I'm still steaming... It pains me that a single person would go to these lengths for fame. I have a hard time seeing why anyone would do this... It's so damn fustrating.
I'll never look back
Ive got No Regrets

Offline Daniel "spider" Potes

• Guenons
  • i cant find a decent pic soo to bad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 06:16:42 PM »
wow that is just rude to an extremely high extent. i almost started crying when i heard that we had lost one of us. i am now going to take my anger and turn it towards bettering myself so i never end up doing what eon did
Though there is pain and suffering everywhere when all of what you feel goes into one thing and makes it beutiful you know you have reached happiness

Offline Shae Perkins

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Texas tough
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 06:40:08 PM »
I am very glad to hear a fellow traceur is not dead, but I really don't understand why they did that.

I really don't know what to say...
This post was based off of my personal gatherings. Enjoy:)

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 06:45:27 PM »
Sorry but what a d*^che. Of course it's great that he's alive but honestly this is despicable. They even had a 4 minute tribute video to his death, I mean wtf is that!?

This isn't even one of those little things where you jokingly say someone died. The whole damn community was about to donate money to his family to help them out and set up memorial jams. I don't really care what the intentions where, it was just terrible.

But again, I am glad he is alive and well.
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.

Offline Dustin Smith

• Mangabey
  • 417-343-7111 call or txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 07:08:45 PM »
^^+1

Offline Alex L.

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2008, 07:15:35 PM »

I also apologize for what i said on the other board about team Kinesis.

Offline chodantraceur

• Patas
  • Moveo ergo sum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2008, 07:55:48 PM »
I got all worked up over this too. I don't see what could possibly posses you to make something like this.

"Fear is just the word ear with an "F" in front of it and ears are pretty funny."  - Jackson Miller
http://inov-8.com/Home.asp?L=27

Offline Dan Frank

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formless, shapeless, like water.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2008, 08:03:52 PM »
Well, this immediately reminded me of Speaker Of The Dead. The dead are often given respect and glory beyond what was given to them in life; is this not a form of hypocrisy?

It was dirty, or maybe a fluke, but it should not have happened at all.
Dedication is the basis of success in all things. The achievement of one's goals will ensue naturally if one is dedicated.