Author Topic: My friend is a bastard...lol  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Tom "Hayabusa" Johnson

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Self-training wanna-be from Guam...lol
    • View Profile
My friend is a bastard...lol
« on: October 13, 2008, 07:19:53 PM »
Oh, f#ck me, 2-hour training session and I am sore and muddy.  It's awesome...lol.  Just thought I'd post something from a post-training convo before I go and clean off my shoes.

One of my friends asked me why my nickname is "Falcon", and the truth is, it was just something I picked up over a decade ago.  We had to do these animal collages for a bio. class in high school and I had to do mine on falcons, so I ended up getting obsessed with them.  My classmates started calling me "Falcon" because my actual middle name is Franklin and I have a large nose(similar to a beak)...lol.  But I also took into account that falcons are noble, intelligent, and the fastest animals on the planet.

So he asked what made me choose it as my traceur name, and I said, "Well, I like being airborne"...cause who doesn't, amirite? lol.  Plus, I just love the image of a falcon soaring through the sky, with absolutely nothing to hold it down.  So then he made a crack that with my size, maybe I should change my nickname to "Bumblebee".  I asked why, and he said that physicists have proven that the bumblebee is too large for its wingspan and technically shouldn't be able to fly, but it does anyway...lol.

All in all, there's no shame in being a bumblebee, but I still consider him a bastard because he knew me back when I was skinny, and makes cracks like that about my weight whenever he can.  I let the bumblebee comment slide, but I did end up smacking him when he apologized and said he was just "falcon around"...:P.  I will not tolerate that level of corniness in my presence! lol
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return."

-Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Matthew Wang

• Total Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • July 1st, 2008 - My first day of training
    • View Profile
Re: My friend is a bastard...lol
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 07:54:22 PM »
Oh nice lol. Falcon around.

Traceurs are bumblebees. Humans shouldn't be able to fly, but we can  8)
http://www.washingtonparkour.com/
Need something Washington Parkour related?
matt@washingtonparkour.com
washington@americanparkour.com
10 PUSH UPS OR 5 PULL UPS PER POST

Offline Dan Elric

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 02:41:07 PM »
Traceurs are bumblebees. Humans shouldn't be able to fly, but we can  Cool
Good analogy, but they've figured out how bumblebees fly D:

Offline Justlaxin

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Craig Mac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 04:39:43 PM »
We are like flying squirrels lol we just jump from place to place staying in the air for as long as possible  :)