Author Topic: Locations  (Read 4399 times)

Offline Kyle McGowan

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Locations
« on: September 23, 2008, 11:12:53 AM »
So this is just a suggestion, how about everyone just lists their location, experience, and any other relevant info on a single thread. I for one, am personally tired of everyone asking about any one in their location and i cant seem to find anyone near me. so everyone can just go to that thread instead of posting a new, "does anyone live in..." type of post.
Just a thought. :)

to start off, i live in the herndon/reston area. i am only 3 months into parkour. i am usually available on weekends for training/jams but i just go to the high school during the week. also, my available time will be shot during the winter and spring due to track.
This is not a sport; this is superman versus the giant.

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
Re: Locations
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 11:21:30 AM »
There should be at least one or two in Herndon/Reston.. I know there have been before, but oftentimes, people get frustrated when they're the only ones, leave, and never come back.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline Blansher

• Guenons
  • Spiritual Creamyness
    • View Profile
    • ParkourVirginia.com
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 11:50:42 AM »
yeah I'm i the Woodbridge/Manassas area and I've been training for about four years

« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 04:21:27 PM by Blansher »
"Ever see someone yelling insane things about the apocalypse on street corners in the city?

This is the online version."  -Andy Keller-

Offline Daniel "spider" Potes

• Guenons
  • i cant find a decent pic soo to bad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 10:05:25 AM »
So this is just a suggestion, how about everyone just lists their location, experience, and any other relevant info on a single thread. I for one, am personally tired of everyone asking about any one in their location and i cant seem to find anyone near me. so everyone can just go to that thread instead of posting a new, "does anyone live in..." type of post.
Just a thought. :)

to start off, i live in the herndon/reston area. i am only 3 months into parkour. i am usually available on weekends for training/jams but i just go to the high school during the week. also, my available time will be shot during the winter and spring due to track.

dude i live in leesburg and im only like 1 or 2 weeks into parkour and i could prolly bike over there... i have some freinds who like parkour and have some acrobatic experience but were all pretty new
Though there is pain and suffering everywhere when all of what you feel goes into one thing and makes it beutiful you know you have reached happiness

Offline Daniel "spider" Potes

• Guenons
  • i cant find a decent pic soo to bad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 07:13:48 AM »
there are also some pretty good places in leesburg and purcelville like for instance loudan county high school and a middle school in purcellville and there are some good places to train and do some parkour in the downtown leesburg area
Though there is pain and suffering everywhere when all of what you feel goes into one thing and makes it beutiful you know you have reached happiness

Offline 'Knox'

• Global Moderator
  • Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 10:46:20 AM »
i live in fairfax and i have been training for around 8 months or so, btw my new vid is coming out soon so be on the look out  ;)

Offline Kyle McGowan

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 11:53:48 AM »
thanks for replying you guys. as for the other 40 views, what is wrong with VA??? you dont need to be a professional of any type to respond to this. it will help yourself and others to train together, and all you need to do is put down a little bit of info, even the college kids can just say what college they go to.

also, if you want to meet someone, try to pm them instead of leaving another post on here. this way, we can leave this thread as more of a reference to where others are.

to pm a person, just click on their username. from there you can send them an email or leave a message on their apk account. thanks.
This is not a sport; this is superman versus the giant.

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 12:40:39 PM »
thanks for replying you guys. as for the other 40 views, what is wrong with VA??? you dont need to be a professional of any type to respond to this. it will help yourself and others to train together, and all you need to do is put down a little bit of info, even the college kids can just say what college they go to.

also, if you want to meet someone, try to pm them instead of leaving another post on here. this way, we can leave this thread as more of a reference to where others are.

to pm a person, just click on their username. from there you can send them an email or leave a message on their apk account. thanks.

I've read this thread about five or six times to read all the posts.  :p  I'm sure otehrs have done the same.  That adds up in views.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline 'Knox'

• Global Moderator
  • Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 05:48:50 PM »
o and also i go to Radford University

Offline Chris Kessler

• Mangabey
  • iJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 07:39:31 AM »
Hey guys. Roanoke here. Experience? I "started" in late 06. But, I wasn't serious about it until....well..... this year.
"We don't stop playing because we grow up. We grow up because we stop playing."
-Tim "Livewire" Shieff

Offline AquaKong

• Guenons
  • Corey Kibling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 09:48:57 AM »
I live in South Riding and have just under 4 months experience.  I go to JMU so if anyone wants to come by and train just let me know :)

Offline Will D

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 12:34:25 PM »
I live in King George, which is about 30 minutes east of Fredericksburg.  That's only when I'm not at college, though. I go to JMU, so if anyone is ever in that area, just hit up me or AquaKong.  :)

Offline Marshall Cent Lewis

• Mangabey
  • PKVA - Richmond, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 04:33:18 PM »
i live about 20 min south of richmond in chesterfield!
gotta love bein around the city  =)
I've been training for about a year, but less so recently due to a LOT of scheduling inconveniences, so I've lost some of my flow... =(
But I go to school at VCU, so if youre ever in the area, hit me up!

EDIT: forgot to say exp and misc
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 05:40:37 PM by Marshall "Cent" Lewis »
USMC Combat Engineers
Nut up or shut up!

Offline germaniac

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • No risk, more fun.
    • View Profile
    • Parkour Hannover (so far German version only)
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 04:29:03 AM »
Gosh, I wish I had found this when I was still living in the area (East Falls Church / Arlington)!  :-\

Keep adding to your nice collection of spots though.

Greetings from Germany,
Mary
"No matter that we may mount on stilts, we still must walk on our own legs. And on the highest throne in the world, we still sit only on our own bottom." Michel de Montaigne, 1533-1592

Offline pyridan

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 06:49:14 AM »
I'm in the Richmond area with no experience. 

Offline Chris Kessler

• Mangabey
  • iJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 12:31:56 PM »
I'm in the Richmond area with no experience. 

Go to www.ParkourVirginia.com and talk to "Cent" (Marshall). He goes to VCU.
"We don't stop playing because we grow up. We grow up because we stop playing."
-Tim "Livewire" Shieff

Offline Michael Loria

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 05:20:35 PM »
I live in McLean and am kinda new.

Offline Wes Pittman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Un-formally Burningcacti!
    • View Profile