Author Topic: No limits, only plateaus - Eli's Training Journal  (Read 32205 times)

Offline Eli Kurtz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Excelsior
    • View Profile
Re: No limits, only plateaus - Eli's Training Journal
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2008, 06:13:56 PM »
10/14/08

Today was track evaluations day 3 of 4, and it was a joke.  Granted, it was probably the most challenging joke I've ever experienced, but a joke nonetheless.  We warmed up with some jogging, ran 300m for time, cooled down with some jogging and stretching, and were out of there.  The whole thing took, like, 45 minutes.

300m sprint: 00:44:12

I was 5-6 out of 6 in my group.  It ended up working out so that there were three groups of two guys running side by side, trying like anything to beat the other one.  I think the fastest guys ran 39:something, and considering that the 300m for me four years ago would have resulted in my hospitalization due to a horrible, HORRIBLE cardio system, I'm pretty proud of myself.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 11:59:01 AM by Eli Kurtz »

Offline Eli Kurtz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Excelsior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2008, 07:29:21 PM »
10/15/08 - Unintentional rest day.  This semester is catching up to me.

10/16/08

Track evaluations 4 of 4.  Today we ran the 600m.  I can't even imagine what an 800 is like.  I've been in a funk since I stopped weightlifting a last week.  I'm super excited to get back into it, but it's looking like I won't be able to start again until this Tuesday.  I'll lighten up on each of my lifts and start progressing from there to compensate for the downtime.

Anyway, for a warmup I did some dynamic stretching, about 300m of jogging, and 300m of walking.

600m: 01:57:00.  Ugh, what a battle!

Cooldown
pant desperately -  1:00 minutes
walk 200m
jog 100m
stretch - 15 min.

Afterwards the coach talked to me about my evaluation results.  After a few confusing minutes and more charts and graphs than I'm comfortable mentioning in mixed company, he told me that my ideal events would be the 800m, 400m, and maybe the 200m.  He said that if I were to be competitive in the 800m I would have to be able to add 200m to my distance without increasing my time (in other words, I'd have to run the 800m in 1:57:00 to be any good), but 400m might be a better possibility.  I asked him about jumping, and he said that my results (8'6.5") were about 6" short to be a competitive jumper.  He told me to get back to him over the course of the next couple of days with my decision about whether or not I wanted to commit to track.

Tonight I emailed him and told him that it seems like a much more efficient and practical use of my time to increase my broad jump 6"+ and work on sprint so I can be a competitive 200-400m runner AND either long jump or triple jump, and that 800m wasn't really an interest of mine.  At the end of the day, I'm doing track to condition for parkour, and the things I want to focus on are light mid-distance (i.e. 400, but 200 training could translate into longer distances) and explosiveness (i.e. jumping).  If the coach isn't willing to give that a chance then I don't have any hard feelings for him, but it's not accomplishing my goals and I don't care to spend my time doing something that I'm not passionate about.

And that's that.  :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 11:59:58 AM by Eli Kurtz »

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2008, 07:59:37 PM »
You have 8'6 Jump with a 100# Clean man..

Be a sprinter and work cleans for this year.  Sprinting will increase your performance in pretty much all domains you are interested in.  200m would be a good sprint to prepare for.

Next year, with the sprint and clean work, you will likely be in a lot better shape for long jumping.  Make sure to work jumping technique at the same time, as well, to get those numbers up.

Offline Eli Kurtz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Excelsior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2008, 09:30:06 PM »
I'll probably end up taking your advice, but I'm curious: I really feel like my problem with cleans is form and not so much strength, so shouldn't it be possible for me to get form down even over the course of the next month, and be ready for jumping by the time Spring semester starts?

Now that I think of it, when you say "next year" do you mean next calendar year or next academic year?

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2008, 09:35:49 PM »
I'll probably end up taking your advice, but I'm curious: I really feel like my problem with cleans is form and not so much strength, so shouldn't it be possible for me to get form down even over the course of the next month, and be ready for jumping by the time Spring semester starts?

Now that I think of it, when you say "next year" do you mean next calendar year or next academic year?

Next season/acadmic year...

The limiting factor is form...when u learn the form u will still not be at ideal explosiveness...your squat numbers are high enough that you should have a heavier clean than 100#.  150# at least is what I would expect...

You can't use the clean to train explosiveness unless you learn it though...

You CAN use sprints, though.

Offline Eli Kurtz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Excelsior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2008, 07:06:08 AM »
When you say sprinting, what distances are you talking about specifically?

I just got an email back from the coach this morning, and he basically said I would be conditioning for 800/400/400 hurdles, or nothing.  I know how my body felt after each of the events, and I know how my times in longer distance runs compared to the other guys that were trying out (I finished 6th out of 6 with both the 300 and 600), and I know how technically demanding hurdles are, and it seems like a total pipe dream to think that I can condition for those events faster than the 200, maybe the 400.  I felt really positive about my 150 time, as it was the 3rd best out of all six of the guys trying out, but apparently that means I should be working on longer distance and not trying to speed up shorter distances?

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2008, 07:29:15 AM »
400 is a good distance.

Make sure, on your own time, to do sprintervals ranging from 10m, 20m, 50m, 100m and 200m to increase your power production, as well.

This is a major downfall in most sporting areas...coaches think that people are pre-programmed for a certain event or something...thats really not the case...

With proper training anyone can be REALLY GOOD at something -- elite is a different story all together...but you can be REALLY GOOD at any of those events with proper training.

I would stick with the 400m sprint...

Offline Eli Kurtz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Excelsior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2008, 11:58:24 AM »
10/17/08 - Unintentional rest day again.  Ugh, I hate it.

10/18/08

Springfield weekly jam today.

Warmup
Body Squat  - 20x2
Pushups - 15x2
Samson Stretch - 5x2 each side
--------
Body Squat - 10
Pushups - 5
Samson Stretch - 5 each side Note: my energy crashed after the 2nd set of warmups here.  I didn't sleep too well last night, and I haven't been active almost at all this past week.
QM - about 80m

Workout
There was a new guy again today, so I went through all the basics with him: landing, rolling, the two-handed vault, speed vault, and intro to the kong.  Normally I would have kept him doing landings and rolling the whole time, but he was only in town for today, so I showed him how to progress with each vault on his own, and told him about this site.

As for myself, here's what I did:
Landing - 15 times, alternating arms inside and arms outside legs
Rolling - 20, 10 on each side.  Note: Tried 2-3 rolls on concrete, and it's way firmer than grass, but there wasn't much pain.  I still need to work out form.  I noticed one time when I rolled I came down and hit my ankle sort of hard.  I need to figure out a way to fix that.

Two-handed Vault progression- about 15 times spread out through 3 stages
Two-Handed Vault - 5

Speed Vault progression - about 8 times spread over 3 stages
Speed Vault - 3

Kong progression - about 20 times spread out over 3 stages
Kong Vault - 10

Eventually he told me that he has weak knees, and we stopped immediately.  I talked to him a little bit about setting up a weightlifting routine with really low weight to start to condition himself, then he sat out for the rest of the time.

We went to another place to train, and ended up having a more-or-less unstructured training.

Lazy Vault - 4
Turn Vault - 2
Kong Vault - 6
Butterfly Kick - 6 Note: Turns out I can still do these, but because of my flexibility and lack of training they still look like crap.
Turn Vault - 4  Note: I've never tried these before.  They're kind of goofy.

Next we did something that was a lot of fun.  A couple of the guys left, and the rest of us decided to apply our training thus far.  We jogged from where we were two or three blocks to the city square, vaulting when we came up to obstacles.  Once we got to the square we spent about 30 minutes practicing movement.  The obstacles weren't really appropriate for most of the "standard" movements, so we improvised and found what worked.  We did some precision work (I couldn't get my head around this one jump, even though people with a shorter broad jump than me were able to do it), some cat balancing, some tree climbing, a few vaults and some rolling.  After that we jogged back to our usual training spot, doing parkour movements where appropriate.  It was a lot of fun!

Cooldown
Nonexistent :-[  It was 1:15, and my friends and I remembered the commons back at school closes at 1:30 on Saturdays, so we had to hurry to get our nutrition.  I plan on doing stretching later in the day (probably as a break in this paper I've got to write), so I'll get that done.

My back is feeling a little tired after today.  I'm not too surprised because I didn't do anything this past week, but I'm feeling a little cautious.  It might just be sore muscles, but I'm worried that my spine is still not feeling 100%.  I'll have to pay extra attention to it when I stretch, and decide what to do from there.

Also, I feel fat and haggard from a week of lethargy.  I pushed myself and was proud of what I did, but sweet mother I felt like doing a LOT of complaining.  I refrained for the most part.

Note: I noticed that my recorded dates for the past few workout posts were horribly jumbled.  They're sorted out now.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 12:01:40 PM by Eli Kurtz »

Offline Eli Kurtz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Excelsior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2008, 08:22:07 PM »
10/19/08 - Rest Day.  After a long week of school, I spent most of this day asleep, and what a day it was. :D

10/20/08

Today I had a meeting with the track coach to talk about my results again and go over the possibility of him working with me in terms of what I want to do.  I've got a lot of stuff on my plate already in college, and since he couldn't work with me I told him that I wasn't going to be able to make the commitment.  I felt really terrible after making the decision, because my mom has always made an issue of times in the past when I quit something or didn't try my hardest, and I know that I have a tendency to hold myself back.  Sometimes I feel like it was a good decision to turn track down, and other times I feel like it was an incredibly stupid waste of an opportunity.  There are still a few weeks before conditioning will start, so I guess I'm not finished thinking about this.  I would hate to go back and forth with the coach like I might end up doing, but I'm concerned about doing what's best for me while trying to keep perspective of everything else on my plate.  In the past, I've found that overextension can be really tough.

Warmup
Body Squat - 20x2
Pushup - 15x2
Sampson Stretch - 2x2 on each side  Note: I feel like these take such a long time to do, and I have to remind myself that they're warming up the leg muscles that squats don't, like my hip flexors.
QM - 10m to the door.  :(

Workout
Kong Vault progression - 10 times from standing position, 10 times from a step away
Kong Vault - 20 times on a picnic table, going lengthways and sideways.  Note: I can't seem to get enough of a launch to clear a picnic table lengthwise.  This will come in time.  Also, with about 1/3 of these I did a roll after landing.

Speed Vault progression - 5 each side over a picnic table sideways
Speed Vault - 10 each side over a picnic table sideways.  Note: Speed vaults are MUCH easier when you're actually vaulting over an obstacle.  When I usually practice speed vaults I have no choice but to vault ONTO an obstacle, i.e. landing on the same surface on which I plant my hand.

Cat Leaps - 6 with a jump away from the wall and a roll upon landing.  Note: I practiced on a wall that's along a shallow grade, such that the first cat leap was toward a wall about 5'5", whereas the last one was towards a wall about 7' tall.

Kong Vault - 10  Note: this time on a railing.  I have a psychological issue about konging over a railing, and welcome the practice.  My momentum was practically nonexistent coming out of these.  Any help?

Speed Vault - 6, again on a rail

Precision Jumps - about 8 from a distance of 6 feet with a 1.5 foot drop.  About 4 of these were with a solid landing.
                      - about 8 from a distance of 6.5 feet with a 1.5 foot drop.  Again, about 4 were with a solid landing.
                      - about 6 from a distance of 7 feet with a 1.5 foot drop.  About 4 of these were with a solid landing.

Jogging - Approximately 1:00 min of light jogging from my dorm to the training area, and 1:00 min back.

Cooldown
Stretching - 15:00 minutes.

Training today was short, but more intense than usual.  I had to find time to train between two meetings tonight, and I think I made good use of my time.

Total Workout Time: 40:00 minutes.

Offline Eli Kurtz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Excelsior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2008, 11:11:36 AM »
10/21/08

Finally lifting again!  :D

Warmup
Body Squat - 20x2
Pushup - 15x2
Pullup - 7x2
Sampson Stretch - 4 each side x3  Note:  Falling apart on the third set of the warmup... this will be a great workout!  ::)

Workout
Squat
(45x5)x2
135x5
185x3
205x2
-------
(235x5)x2 Note: This probably dropped off about 5 pounds in the past week of inactivity.  Nothing I can't fix.

Bench Press
(20sx5)x2
35sx5
45sx3
55sx2
-------
65sx5
65x3
60x3  Note: Ugh.  My bench press has fallen off a lot in the past week.  >:(

Deadlift
(135x5)x2
185x5
205x3
225x2
-------
255x5  Note: I stayed at the same weight as earlier (on the 6th?!?! Woah) because that wasn't much of a strain.  Today it felt a little harder than back then, but I'm still pretty sure my 5RM is higher.

Cooldown
None.  :(

Yesterday was a little weird.  It was my first day back into lifting for almost 2 weeks (4 workouts) so I decided to decrease some of the weights.  I'm really glad I did.  This minor reset will make for a nice platform from which to make some nice gains again.  Also, I wasn't able to cool down because my birthday is tomorrow, and yesterday my mom wanted to take me shopping in a pretty small window of time, and my workout was a little longer than I anticipated.  My hamstrings are pretty sore, but I'll stretch them extra tonight to try and make up for it.  I noticed today that I have a little discomfort in my spine between my scapulas, which I can only attribute to poor squat form.  I need to get my chest out more, I think?

Offline Eli Kurtz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Excelsior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2008, 05:45:26 PM »
10/22/08 - Nothing.  :(
10/23/08 - My birthday, and I did nothing.  :)
10/24/08 - Nothing, I had a lot of things to do today.  :(
10/25/08

Today I went to do parkour with a friend in my hometown.  We both go to Drury together and we went to the same high school, and we do parkour together in Springfield.  Since both of us were on Fall Break, we decided to get some training in and check out our local park.

Warmup
Jogged the fitness trail and did the various exercises, including
 - Pushups
 - Situps
 - Pull ups
 - Monkey Bars
 - etc.

Workout

We pulled a picnic table out from underneath a gazebo and got to work.

Kong Progression - 15 divided into 3 stages
Kong Vault - 10 over the width (short) of the table. Note: with most of these I didn't actually clear the table.  I feel like my momentum dies in the middle of my kongs.  Video pending.

Speed Progression - 9 divided into 3 stages.
Speed Vault - 8 each side over the width of the table.  Note: Planting with my right hand is MUCH easier than planting with my left.  Maintaining my momentum out of a speed vault is much easier than out of a kong.

Underbar progression - 10  Note: We practiced on a lower swing set, so we wouldn't have to deal with the mental aspect of fitting through a tiny space.  Instead we focused on making sure our feet passed under the bar before our hands made contact, and swinging through as fluidly as possible.

Precisions - Creek jumping from a standing and running position, ranging in distance from 6.5 ft. to 8 ft.

Cooldown
Finished the fitness trail (we left just before the cooldown phase of the trail to go into the park), stretching upper and lower body

I need to get back into consistent training.  I feel like the weather and my lack of training recently has made it easier to say "nah, I'll train later," and I want to be as disciplined as possible going into the winter months.

Offline Eli Kurtz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Excelsior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2008, 10:47:12 AM »
10/26/08 - Rest Day.  This is my usual rest day.

10/27/08

It looks like Mondays are going to see me training at night just before my 10:00 RA meeting for a long time.  I always seem to get busy in the early evening, and can't find time to train until 8:30-9:00.

Warmup
QM (ABOUT TIME) - down my hallway (20m), then down three flights of stairs
Body Squat - 15x3
Push Up - 10x3
Pullup - 5x3

Workout
Kong Progression - 10 divided into 2 stages
Kong Vault - 10 over the width of a picnic table

Speed Progression - 5 each side
Speed Vault - 5 each side

Cooldown
Stretch 10 minutes

I didn't work on a lot today, but I made some real progress on what I DID work on.  My momentum completely dies coming out of a kong, so I toyed around with some tips I read here on the forum, and things went a little better.  I'll have to continue to work on it, but that's what training is, right?

I need to get more serious about my flexibility training, and also about my nutrition.  I'm lucky if I stretch once every day, and I want to get to the point where I stretch at least 2 times EVERY day without fail.  I also don't eat BAD, but I'd like to add some things to my diet.  For instance, I have access to as much milk as I can handle (although it's either 2% or chocolate, no whole) so I'm going to try this "gallon of milk every day" thing.  I also need to be eating a little more regularly (i.e. consistent meals at consistent times), and I need to work on my sleep schedule.  It's really tempting to say "ahh, there's so much free time at night, so I can squeeze just one more thing in before bed," and that needs to stop.

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2008, 11:14:56 AM »
??????

Where is your muscle up work?  Ain't gunna get to 10 MUs by doing vaults! :P

Offline Eli Kurtz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Excelsior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2008, 11:23:23 AM »
I know, I know.  I didn't have time enough to go down the gym and work on muscle ups last night, but all is not lost.  This afternoon I'm going to work out at 3:00, and I don't have anything to do until dinner at 5:00, so I plan on getting some solid work in on both MUs and power clean.

In related news, when I went to the park on Saturday, 10/25, I showed was explaining MUs to my friend Chad and decided it would be easier just to show him.  I managed to do three really slow MUs from a dead hang (I had to kip up, though), and I was pretty impressed with myself.  Would it be a waste of my time to work on jumping MUs is I can handle them from a dead hang?

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2008, 11:25:39 AM »
You might want to work some concentrics with a little kip and focus on the controlled, slow negative as you have been doing...

You will likely get burned out of the kipping in a few sets...so if this is the case, continue with jumping and do negatives...

You want to keep doing negatives until you can do a couple of reps pretty solid and clean, then switch over to mostly concentrics...maybe even weighted concentrics or weighted negatives.

Offline Eli Kurtz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Excelsior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2008, 11:27:28 AM »
Thanks, man.  You're a doll.  :P

Offline Eli Kurtz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Excelsior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2008, 02:57:17 PM »
10/28/08

I hereby declare that today I am resuming a consistent workout schedule.  I may be switching to MWF evenings next week, but I'll do it regularly or it will be the end of me.

Warmup
Body Squat - 15x2
Push up - 10x2
Pull up - 6x2
Samson Stretch - 3 each side x2

Workout
Squat
(45x5)x2
135x5
185x3
205x2
-------
(245x5)x3  Note: I need to squat a little lower.

Bench Press
(20sx5)2
30sx5
40sx3
50sx2
-------
(65x5)x3

Deadlift
(135x5)2
185x5
225x3
245x2
-------
265x5 New PR  Note: Wow.  This was tough, but it felt good.  How long can you wait in between reps before they're considered to be not in the same set (i.e. failure)?  On the last three I took a second or two to refocus before lifting again, and I feel like that's okay but I want to make sure.

EDIT:
Power Clean Work
45x5 hang clean
45x5 power clean
65x5 hang clean
65x6 power clean Note: by the end of the hang cleans my forearms were SUPER tired.  I did one extra rep of power clean @ 65 because my 5th rep felt really good and I wanted to duplicate it.

Muscle Up Work
2 MU negatives, from a jump  Note: My intention was to do 2 sets of 5 jumping, negative muscle ups (what a mouthful), but my forearms were so tired from power clean that I couldn't manage more than 2 separate negatives.  I'll focus on this more on Thursday.

Cooldown
Stretch - 15 minutes
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 03:48:18 PM by Eli Kurtz »

Offline Eli Kurtz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Excelsior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2008, 04:01:47 PM »
10/29/08

I was super busy today, and had planned on getting an hour of parkour in during the evening.

(really abbreviated) Warmup
Body Squat - 15
Pushup - 10
Pull Up - 6

Workout
Kong vault - 5 Note: I didn't quite go all the way over a picnic table here.  I intended to do those next.

At this time I realized I was about to be late for a meeting I forgot, and had to leave. :(

10/30/08

Still a busy day, but better than yesterday.

Warmup
Body Squat - 15x2
Push Up - 10x2
Pull Up - 6x2
Sampson Stretch - 3 each side x2

Workout
Squat
(45x5)2
135x5
185x3
205x2
-------
(225x5)3  Note: I noticed last time that my squat form is sloppy (I don't go below parallel at higher weights), so I'm resetting to work on form.  It was good today.

OH Press
(45x5)2
55x5
65x3
75x2
-------
(95x5)3  Note: I pulled back on the weight from last time expecting this be REALLY hard.  It was difficult, but I hadn't diminished here as much as I thought I would have.

Hang Clean
45x5 Note: This was just to get the second phase of the movement down.

Power Clean
(45x5)2
55x5
65x3
75x2
-------
(85x5)3 Note: This felt much better than last time.  I'm doing low weights until I can really get the form down, then I'll start to build up.  Also, before each work set I would stand over the bar, let my arms hang loose, and do 5 hang cleans without weight.  My goal was to take my arms out of the equation completely, and see if I could "flail" them up over my head just my shrugging my shoulders and jumping explosively.  Is this a good exercise?  I felt like it was pretty useful.

Cooldown
Stretch - 15 min.

I wasn't able to work MU negatives today, because I'm on duty in my dorm tonight and had to run some errands before.  Ugh, this has been a busy week!

Total workout time: 1:00 hour

Offline Eli Kurtz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Excelsior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2008, 10:01:01 PM »
10/31/08 - Nothing, on account of Halloween.

11/1/08 - Springfield Weekly Jam

Pretty awesome day today.  We got to the park at around 11 to set up for the weekly jam, because some guys from a local high school wanted to come out and shoot some video for a little story they're doing on parkour.  I was a little nervous about presenting parkour accurately and successfully, but I decided to go ahead and go through with it.  I've only been practicing parkour for 2.5 months now, but I've been studying it for the past year, and I feel much more confident talking about parkour than I do actually doing it.

Warmup
Body Squat - 20x2
Push Up - 15x2
Sampson Stretch - 2 each sidex2
Burpees - 5x2
QM (up two flights of stairs) - x2

Workout
Unfortunately, my workout was really pretty pathetic.  I did a few rolls, precision jumps, and some really light vaults.  I was focused mainly on talking to the film guys, making sure they were getting the shots they wanted, and making sure they understood what is parkour.  My plan is to make up for lost time tomorrow afternoon.

Cooldown
Stretching - 15 minutes

Total Workout Time: 1:30 hours

Like I said, today was more about PR than anything else, but I did make sure to experiment with my warmup and cooldown routines.  Next weekend will be the first ever Missouri Parkour Jam, and I've been asked to lead the warmups.  I wanted to make sure I had a solid core of things to do, so I've been watching videos like the PKGen warmups from the Ohio jam, and the Yamakasi rendezvous with PKGen to get ideas.  Today the warmup was just the simple APK warmup (minus pullups), but I plan on adding a few more things (most likely some more QM stuff) to the routine for next Saturday.

Offline Eli Kurtz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Excelsior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2008, 08:33:49 AM »
11/2/08

Today I taught my girlfriend a little more about parkour, so I didn't get much of an opportunity to drill technique, but I pushed myself hard and got a decent cardio workout if nothing else.

Warmup
10 rolls on each side Note:  Half of these were from a squatting position, half were standing into a dive.

Workout
Cat Leap - 10
Cat Leap into a climb up - 5

Kong Vault Progression - 10, divided into two stages
Kong Vault - 5

Speed Vault Progression - 10
Speed Vault - 5

Cooldown
Stretch 10:00 minutes

Total Workout Time: 40:00 minutes

I've started doing GTG Pull Ups, because I'm not satisfied with my upper body pulling strength.  There's a perfect little ledge going down the stairs of my dorm, and I've decided to do at least 6 pull ups every time I pass it going up or down the stairs.  Yesterday I did about 7 sets, with my reps ranging from 6-8 each time.  Today I'm going to do at least 7 more sets, but probably more.