Author Topic: Covert Harness bags  (Read 12274 times)

Offline Kirkor

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Covert Harness bags
« on: April 03, 2006, 10:11:45 AM »
You may recall the "Urban Tool" product (http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php?topic=799.0) ...

Just came across this "Covert Harness" bag ... looks like it might be more versatile than the Urban Tool because you could use it in chest pack mode or bandoleer mode for PK, and then use it in more conventional ways as well for around town or whatever.

http://www.civilianlab.com/

Offline Skipper

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: Covert Harness bags
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 10:17:02 AM »
Oh wow, those look very nice! I just checked one model and it was 55 bucks, not terrible, maybe when i come across some cash ill have to think about it! nice find!

Offline Deft

• Definitely NOT a wanker...
  • Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 12:01:47 PM »
Excellent find Kirkor!!!!
I love how you can wear this bag six different ways.  I really like the uban tool's sports holster (which is 50 bucks also) but was wanting sometihng that can hold a camera but still be realatively small and tight fitting on the body. The covert Loader RG Harness is exactly what I was looking for. My birthday is in 1 week exactly and so I just ordered a gift for myself hehe.
I will definantly post a review as soon as I get my hands on it.

The joy of surpassing the limits of the body is open to all.
-Mihaly Csikszentmilhaly

Gearsighted

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 12:38:47 PM »
I like how they called it the "Urban Tool" as it's a good description of how you'd look running around with one on ;)

Offline The Manilla Gorilla

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Banana Boat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 01:09:32 PM »
I belive that is the definition of a Burn. that was Great Gear it made my day  ;D.

Offline Quazar

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Whatup my Ninja?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 01:58:32 PM »
Notice number 6;

When it goes into "shoulder holster" mode or what looks to me more like a "purse", the guy's posture instantly becomes more or less "homosexual"  ::)

"In heaven, we'll all freerun with Jesus"
                           ..."His Kongs are off the hook!"

Offline fastt

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 08:27:18 PM »
Notice number 6;

When it goes into "shoulder holster" mode or what looks to me more like a "purse", the guy's posture instantly becomes more or less "homosexual"  ::)

haha that's some funny stuff that u pointed out. yea this would seem really useful instead of running with ur cell phone and wallet and stuff in ur pocket

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 08:56:23 PM »
It looks pretty cool, but I don't think it really looks like something I would like to wear while running.  It seems to bulky for my liking, but I course I don't know for sure, I'm anxious to see how it works for Deft.  Of course I fell in love with the Sport Holster, despite the fact that I may look like a tool wearing one ;), I still want one.  Let me know if you have any info on it, please......................I want one soooooo bad............... :-[.................... ;).
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline Deft

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 05:21:44 AM »
I don't care if you all think I look like a urban tool as I fly by you all carrying my wallet, keys, camera, and phone all close to my body and free from jumbling all around in my pockets while you are all still stuck in the jansport days.

for the record- calling someone a Urban Tool is hilarious, but I will probably be more apt to apply it to the gun toting hip ganster wannabes, but funny none the less.

Cheetah- 2 guys in my crew have the sports holster and they really like it. That is before they heard of the harness bag though and I wnat to see how they would compare it to that. I have worn the sports holster and I think its pretty cool but it doesn't hold much beyond a small cell phone and a wallet.

-Mihaly Csikszentmilhaly

Offline The Manilla Gorilla

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Banana Boat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 05:35:40 AM »
Maybe, when you get yours Deft you could write a comparitive reveiw and submit to apk, or post it here.

I guess i'd like the sport holster better, because it seems like there would be less movement since it is like spandex, I will look into this, because it looks like it would sort of counter act the main cause of a static jam, where people stand around in the same spot, and be more suited for a running jam.

Offline Deft

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 06:07:03 AM »
Manilla- what kind of jams do you have "where poeple stand around in the same spot"? those people sound like urban tools. I know what you mean though about certain jams being running jams and others hitting/working hotspots jams, but you should never have a huge posse just standing around.

I think the covert harness bag is perfect when you have to carry more than a wallet and keys (which is basically all the sports holster holds) and summer is around the corner. I live in Texas which gets a little warmer than some of you Yankees are used to so I have been looking into small bags that carry things easily and I believe that no better product exists (to date) for this than the covert harness bag.

-Mihaly Csikszentmilhaly

Gearsighted

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 08:01:19 AM »
I think he was referring to your "hitting/working hotspots jams".

The only time I really need a bag is if I have a camera or am carrying snacks...for this purpose, none of these would be big enough, so I'll stick with the North Face backpack. Just a question; what kind of cell phone and wallet do you carry that you need a bag for it? It must be one of those old-school bag-type phones with a car battery...

90% of the time, when I go to DC, I find that all I need is a few bucks, a metro card and my cell phone. If I bring a bag, I end up as bag-bitch, so I try to avoid that anymore...I'll leave it up to Akh from now on ;)

Offline Deft

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 08:57:40 AM »
Gear- are you talking about a reel to reel camera and a 5lb. bag of trail mix?  Look at the pic of the harness and look at how many places can hold a normal camera along with several energy bars, electrolite gels, zip-lock bag of almonds and what-have-you. I actually don't own a cell phone but I do need something that can carry a wallet, camera, energy bar, and keys while on the move. The sports holster can not even think about holding all that and I believe the harness can tackle such a task with out being bulked down.

If I did ever own a cell phone it would defiantly be one of those ones from the 80's that is just about as big as a phone booth. I am always out of date with any new "technology"

Now thinking about this, I CHALLENGE anyone to see if they are LESS technology advanced than me!!!!!!

1 I have never owned a cell phone nor a pager (I am 26. I think every 14-21 year old has one in our crew)
2 I have never had a ipod and have only actually listened to a song off one once.
3 I have not had cable tv since 1994
4 I have never had high speed internet at my house ever. ( I just got dial up around 6 months ago)
5 credit card, what's that.....

-Mihaly Csikszentmilhaly

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2006, 09:41:44 AM »
Wow, way to be old school.  I went a week without technology when I went to Mexico and it was really difficult.  It is probably a good thing that you aren't addicted to the modern technology, if you can get along without it more power to ya. 

Anyway, I think that someone needs to make a camelback that sits on your chest.  Staying hydrated is a big issue for me, and a place for water is the one thing that alot of these bags are lacking.
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline Deft

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 08:25:07 AM »
I got my covert harness bag in the mail yesterday and it it TIGHT!!!
I can easily fit my camera, keys, wallet, change, extra camera battery and granola bar in there comfortably.
Gear- keep on making fun of this product and the people who wear it. That way I will be the only person sporting the snazzy splinter cell looking action (when in thigh holster mode.)
but serioulsy I do reccomend this product for anyone whose needs require less than a backpack but more than a cargo pocket while remaining tight on your body during various movements and activities.

-Mihaly Csikszentmilhaly

Gearsighted

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 11:09:35 AM »
I will be the only person sporting the snazzy splinter cell looking action

That's precisely what I was talking about...good luck with that ;)

Offline Deft

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 11:47:23 AM »
luck is not needed. I have the skills and now I can carry all my acessories in style. :P

-Mihaly Csikszentmilhaly