Author Topic: Wichita  (Read 13795 times)

ShutUpAndLetsDoThis

Wichita
« on: September 16, 2008, 06:30:57 PM »
Who all's into Parkour in Wichita? Parkour's fine by yourself, but lets face it, having friends do it with you is just so much more enjoyable!
Basically I'm just asking for who's here and what part of town they're in.

Offline Spook

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Wichita
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 07:45:22 AM »
I kind of just started doing PK as a way to vary my workout/exercise routine and I have grown to love this Shi! I am in Wichita. I live about a mile from Lawrence Dumont and usually just go downtown for sessions. I too am looking for people in Wichita to jam with because nobody I knows wants to or likes to do parkour. Shitty. Get in touch with me if you want to go for a session sometime.

Offline Church04

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 08:43:29 PM »
hey spook. i just joined the site too and am trying to get some guys interested. im still very very new so i think well just do some workout/get ready stuff. but im sure we'd all love to get together sometime

Offline jay_22_15

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 02:22:39 PM »
I don't do it but I can be a supportive cheer leader.

I'm also a good cameraman if you want photos or film.  You'll have to provide the equipment though.

Offline Knucklehead88

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 03:57:37 AM »
Hey, apparently your post is getting much more action than mine did.  I will be returning to Wichita around the 26th of April.  I have been a traceur (freerunner, PK-er, whatever you want to call it) for going on 8 years now.  I did sustain an injury to my knee about 3 years ago and never fully recovered.  However, I can still do the fundamentals.  No flips, un-godly high drops, or things of that sort.  I would be more than happy to jam with you guys though.  If nothing else I may still be able to help you perfect something you've been working on as I have had experience as a trainer.  I also have a degree in the Culinary Arts with a specialized field in dietary and nutrition.  If you feel the need just ask and I'll be more than happy to help in that aspect as well. Feel free to contact me anytime you feel the need.  Keep in mind I won't be that familiar with the area for a while.  But other than that I'm looking forward to returning to KS.

Knucklehead88

JPacacha@gmail.com
316-765-2413

Offline Viva la Vida

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 12:30:09 PM »
Hey there. I just joined this site and I just started parkour. I'm gonna be moving to Wichita mid June and I'm looking for a place to train with and practice with some people. If anyone knows of a good place, comment on my post.

Offline Kris Kansas

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 08:29:54 PM »
What's Up guys..
I'm From The north side of wichita...Not many places up here. I'm Just starting out but I'm Very very very interested..If you guys want to hit me up, I'll list my e-mail below. As i said I'm just starting but I am very athletic and pick up on things quick. If anyone wants to get together and possibly share spots and ideas or just jam for a bit. Hit me up

Number4eagle@hotmai.com

Offline pbrenner27

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 06:51:15 AM »
we used to go to a gymnastics gym for open gym night but they cancelled it because it didn't make any money for them.  Sometimes we go to edgemoore park in the evenings but we're pretty disorganized.  check out the video we made at edgemoore last summer.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdltXIJsIVc

Offline Viva la Vida

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 01:44:56 PM »
Hey there. I JUST moved to Wichita and have been doing parkour for about half a year now. I live on the west side in Lost Creek. If you want to jam and hang out just put a reply on this. :P   

Offline Azucar

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 09:37:23 PM »
I have actually never done Parkour, but am really interested in learning. Are there any groups in Wichita to help beginners? I would appreciate any help in getting started. Thanks!

Offline Stephen Laster

• Guenons
  • How far to Asgard?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 10:53:35 AM »
wondering if anyone was down for training tomorrow?
-*Baldur*-

Offline pbrenner27

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 07:12:43 PM »
Hey me and a group of guys are going to try and go out every thursday to train at edgemoor park in wichita.  I'll be there 7:30 this thursday august 5th.

5815 E 9th Street North
Wichita, KS

Offline Rage_Rave

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 09:51:39 PM »
Hey guys! I am a noob runner but im not a bad photographer in my nightly outings i have discovered some other good spots. The river area near the Hyat (sp?) downtown has some interesting stuff not much though. and old town has some nice stuff including low buildings and parking garages. I would love to run or shoot (or film) you guys running. Will you guys meet there again?

Offline jay_22_15

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 05:13:57 AM »
If I'm not preoccupied I'll check you guys out at Edgemore this Thursday.

Offline darksaint50

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • try fail then try again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 11:13:06 AM »
i am in wichita kansas and looking for a good gym that is open to parkour any ideas on were any are at if not we all sould start 1
lets get started :-)

Offline TheStorm

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 04:35:12 PM »
Hello, a friend and myself are going to start training soon! - I live downtown/oldtown near exploration place if anyone wants to meet up! We'd love to meet others interested! We are pretty athletic and already have a sincere love for running, looking to get into a challenging fitness routine and this also looks fun!

Offline A.A.H

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 07:54:24 PM »
Im outside of witchita.

Love thine enemies because they are the instruments to your destiny.

Offline Colten

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 07:16:25 AM »
i live on the south side. but go downtown very often. previously in CMP "Critical Movement Parkour" lookin forward to meet new people in wichita that share the love for the sport as i do.

Offline Brandon Skaer

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2011, 10:29:08 AM »
Hi,
I have thought about doing parkour for the last  year. Definitely wanted to get starter sooner than later. Is there a wichita team that gets together?

Thanks,
B

Offline Max K

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 12:00:53 PM »
Definitely down to start doing some parkour. Already on YouTube getting some of the rolls and moves down. Definitely down to meet up with some people to show me the ropes and get this started!