Author Topic: Discouraged  (Read 3394 times)

Offline Broc

• Patas
  • Meridian, ID
    • View Profile
Discouraged
« on: September 02, 2008, 08:36:32 PM »
I've been doing strictly parkour (not freerunning) all spring and summer by myself, working out a lot as well. And the only thing that seems to be missing is someone, or maybe a few people, to work out with. Kinda sucks living in idaho i guess.
And now that its about to begin to get cold in about a month there won't be very many great days to do outdoor training.
However, if anyone seems to come by this post maybe we can begin planning a jam sometime in the near future? Maybe in the Spring?
If anyone could, maybe give me a link to some good winter training exercises?
All in all my emotions are what i would call discouraged that so few people practice parkour in the boise area, or at least have not gotten very serious with it  :(

Offline Zachary Cohn

• APK Alliance
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • I do cool stuff.
    • View Profile
    • ZacCohn.com
Re: Discouraged
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 05:52:47 AM »
Don't get discouraged. Training alone can be good sometimes, but it sucks to be all by yourself all the time. Keep training though and stay positive - you NEVER know when someone will randomly pop up in your area and want to start training.

The best advice I can give is stay active in the community. If you're highly visible and always around, when someone from your town finds Parkour, they'll be much more likely to both find you, and realize that you're active and contact you.

Offline Broc

• Patas
  • Meridian, ID
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 08:42:57 AM »
thanks for the encouragement man

and if anyone in the boise area reads this and maybe wants to meet up sometime contact me at broccormier@hotmail.com
i would be very excited to have someone to train with  :)

Offline Bryan S.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 04:33:38 PM »
thanks for the encouragement man

and if anyone in the boise area reads this and maybe wants to meet up sometime contact me at broccormier@hotmail.com
i would be very excited to have someone to train with  :)

I have been thinking of starting up doing this, but I be out of shape.  If you are patient, I might be able to join you but I work nights for about half the week.

Offline Derik (QuikSilva) DaSilva

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 06:20:23 PM »
Don't get discouraged. Training alone can be good sometimes, but it sucks to be all by yourself all the time. Keep training though and stay positive - you NEVER know when someone will randomly pop up in your area and want to start training.

The best advice I can give is stay active in the community. If you're highly visible and always around, when someone from your town finds Parkour, they'll be much more likely to both find you, and realize that you're active and contact you.

Listen to Zac, man. He knows his s***. and he's right on the money. I almost hate training alone but at the same time, it has it's benefits. Less competition, less distractions, etc.

My advice would be to become more knowledge about parkour. What it is, what it means, what it stands for, what it means to you, etc. The more you know about it, the more you can tell people when they're curious. The more people you tell, the more likely someone will say, "Can you teach me?"

BAM! Training partner. :P

Offline Broc

• Patas
  • Meridian, ID
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 08:40:21 PM »
Anglachel: That would be awesome man. Just start getting in shape. If you need any work out ideas you can email me. we probably wont be able to actually get out and do some parkour untill the spring unless there is a few more great days before it begins to get cold. But i would suggest getting your body prepared. Maybe we could even meet up somewhere on weekends and work out? Send me an email if you're interested

Offline peter84

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 01:24:28 PM »
so I'm all bummed cause i'm moving to pocatello for work. it was hard to find anyone in idaho alone. but now i need to find others there to.
on the up side there are some AWESOME spots there,  I checked it out a little bit ago to find somewhere to live. and theres tons of old buildings and warehouses everywhere.
so if theres anyone in pocatello idaho that does parkour look me up.