Author Topic: Welcome - Please read before posting  (Read 12325 times)

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
Welcome - Please read before posting
« on: June 14, 2008, 04:22:14 AM »
This forum has a very specific purpose - as such there are some ground rules for posting.

Please only add your name, a date, and the appropriate measurement to any thread, and do not create new threads, but rather suggest them to the moderators.

For example in the Broad Jump post I will post only

M2 6-14-08 7'3"

And someone should reply with

Name - date - distance

The first thread of each exercise will explain how to perform and measure each move.

Statistics believed to be outside the norm may call for photo or video proof or be removed - the idea here is to be scientific - if you post a 12' standing broad jump you'd better have a video :)

Please don't add any explanation (I was tired, etc) as none is needed - these are stats, not contests.

Any post not meeting these guidelines will be deleted without notification.
Thanks!
Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Offline Matt Hudson

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Paddy O'Hayes
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Welcome - Please read before posting
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 11:34:51 AM »
Perhaps a thread that's for bodyweight, and body fat percentages. cause this is the "weight and measures" forum

such as.

Matt Hudson- 135lbs.- 10%bf- 5'9" just so you can measure your own progress. An example would be, the previous stats are my current stats, where as I'm in MMA now, my stats could change to
Matt Hudson- 145lbs.- 7%bf- 5'9", or perhaps go the other way. Matt Hudson- 129lbs.- 6%bf- 5'9"

Now I'm not completely sure what benefits this has on a parkour forum, it feels like it belongs more on a bodybuilding forum, however I saw the names "Weights & Measures" and realized there was no weight thread.

-Matt

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 06:35:29 PM »
Perhaps a thread that's for bodyweight, and body fat percentages. cause this is the "weight and measures" forum

such as.

Matt Hudson- 135lbs.- 10%bf- 5'9" just so you can measure your own progress. An example would be, the previous stats are my current stats, where as I'm in MMA now, my stats could change to
Matt Hudson- 145lbs.- 7%bf- 5'9", or perhaps go the other way. Matt Hudson- 129lbs.- 6%bf- 5'9"

Now I'm not completely sure what benefits this has on a parkour forum, it feels like it belongs more on a bodybuilding forum, however I saw the names "Weights & Measures" and realized there was no weight thread.

-Matt

If you want to add in a weighted movement go for it. But I highly doubt we're going to include something like bench press. Perhaps squat or deadlift or something like that..

As for numbers that would be a good idea except it's going to get too convoluted because some of our PRs (like my broad) were way back when and people could be different BF% or weight (or even height for the youngin's) when they did it last.

If there was some form like logsitall.com way to input stuff with searchable options that would be awesome but right now we don't have access to anything like that and it seems like a lot of people aren't going ot participate anyway.
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline bill patton

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 07:52:23 AM »
i'm the LogsItAll.com guy and a fan of Parkour - i'm not sure how logsitall.com could be configured to work with parkout - but i'd be stoked to try. if anyone feels like giving suggestions on how to configure a new activity that could be logged/ranking please drop me a line at wkpatton@aol.com and thanks.

-bill

Offline Vinny Pellegrini

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 04:22:40 PM »
i'm the LogsItAll.com guy and a fan of Parkour - i'm not sure how logsitall.com could be configured to work with parkout - but i'd be stoked to try. if anyone feels like giving suggestions on how to configure a new activity that could be logged/ranking please drop me a line at wkpatton@aol.com and thanks.

-bill

die spambot!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the floor is lavA!

Offline bill patton

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 06:54:07 PM »
i'm still alive and not a spam bot. i've worked my tail off to make something that is pretty awesome for crossfit - and i think i could do the same for parkour workouts. total revenue for my efforts so far : zero. total people in my "company": 1 Total workouts 45,000.

Offline Vinny Pellegrini

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 11:41:52 AM »
i'm still alive and not a spam bot. i've worked my tail off to make something that is pretty awesome for crossfit - and i think i could do the same for parkour workouts. total revenue for my efforts so far : zero. total people in my "company": 1 Total workouts 45,000.

woa dude. i honestly thought you were one of those programed bots that just subs in the word "parkour"

my bad,  ><

Lol
the floor is lavA!

Offline RM

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 01:25:40 PM »
How would one measure their body fat percentage without calipers?
No matter where you go, there you are.

Offline kyle_parkour

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 07:27:34 AM »
Kyle Palimore, 178lbs 9.8bf 6'1ft

Offline Derek Stroup

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 11:14:23 AM »
How about a thread for handstand push-ups?
-Funkmastadman-