Author Topic: Hotspots - 1 hour of your time AT MOST!  (Read 6370 times)

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
Re: Hotspots - 1 hour of your time AT MOST!
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2008, 02:35:09 PM »
Knox, the spots I normally train at are 1) a school playground, 2) an open grassy field.

These are not really "Parkour hotspots."  These are my personal training spots.  The spots that are worthy of taking pictures of are well out of comfortable reach and I don't get to go out to them very often.  If you're lucky enough to have legitimate training areas within a reasonable distance of your home, that's great for you.  But I train  extremely regularly.. but honestly, a good day of "Parkour training" for me is a day out in a field with a few hills.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline Cord Zwirner

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2008, 01:10:20 PM »
Here's one (Courtesy zuzma's myspace!):

The william and mary ampitheater in williamsburg.

Like, in an above post, most of my training spots are playgrounds and other crappy spots. there's just nothing around Yorktown.  :(
brushing your teeth helps you lose weight?

hmmm....

Offline Marshall Cent Lewis

• Mangabey
  • PKVA - Richmond, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2008, 06:23:46 PM »
i havent pulled my weight getting these richmond spots covered.  sorry about that.  my car conked out on me last month and i just havent had the money to fix it.  as soon as that gets done tho, ill make sure to get some of them taken care of.  Richmond needs to be put on the map too! haha
USMC Combat Engineers
Nut up or shut up!

Offline Paul Leon Mederos

• Legend
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Simple Knowledge - Leon's Tumblr Blog
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2008, 07:18:35 PM »
Stop being online jerks.

Knox is just trying to point out that I've asked for a little bit of time to make VAPK a little better... and he's the only one to have stepped up to the plate so far.

Chris, being sarcastic and retorting by saying hes mean and you're going to be mean by ignoring him is stupid  :P I understand your frustration and I have no doubts that if you had a camera (perhaps borrow one from a lady friend of yours hehehe) you would have delievered countless Roanoke hotspots  :)

Animus, I WANT A F'ING PICTURE OF YOUR PLAYGROUND AND OPEN FIELD! I F'ING LOVE OPEN FIELDS, ZOMG I WANT OPEN FIELDS. Ok, jaykay jaykayz  :) I know you just got back, maybe you can take some pics of that parcourse area in Kingstowne?

Knox, thanks for all your work, you pwn. But stop being noob  :P I know you're trying to help by instigating peeps to get off their butts.... sadly a lot of peeps get offended when criticized instead of looking at themselves and thinking "Oh... I HAVE been slacking... knox is totally right i'm gonna go stick my foot up my butt for being so lazy and I'll go take a gazillion hotspot photos pronto!"... instead it's "OMIGOD IM TRYING BUT LEIK IM NOOB I NEED TIMEZ!!!!!121@`"

ANYHOW.

Lets get back to business  8) I've got all the Old Town Alexandria hotspots documented, I just need to toss em up. I also have the hotspots from Knox I need to toss up, and I got Rosslyn/Georgetown pics the other day. Tomorrow I plan on taking some at this new fairfax spot... so we're making progress!!

and Cord, was that suppose to be a link? thanks!
When we move, we move as one.

Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

Offline Cord Zwirner

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2008, 07:36:06 PM »
Stop being online jerks.

Knox is just trying to point out that I've asked for a little bit of time to make VAPK a little better... and he's the only one to have stepped up to the plate so far.

Chris, being sarcastic and retorting by saying hes mean and you're going to be mean by ignoring him is stupid  :P I understand your frustration and I have no doubts that if you had a camera (perhaps borrow one from a lady friend of yours hehehe) you would have delievered countless Roanoke hotspots  :)

Animus, I WANT A F'ING PICTURE OF YOUR PLAYGROUND AND OPEN FIELD! I F'ING LOVE OPEN FIELDS, ZOMG I WANT OPEN FIELDS. Ok, jaykay jaykayz  :) I know you just got back, maybe you can take some pics of that parcourse area in Kingstowne?

Knox, thanks for all your work, you pwn. But stop being noob  :P I know you're trying to help by instigating peeps to get off their butts.... sadly a lot of peeps get offended when criticized instead of looking at themselves and thinking "Oh... I HAVE been slacking... knox is totally right i'm gonna go stick my foot up my butt for being so lazy and I'll go take a gazillion hotspot photos pronto!"... instead it's "OMIGOD IM TRYING BUT LEIK IM NOOB I NEED TIMEZ!!!!!121@`"

ANYHOW.

Lets get back to business  8) I've got all the Old Town Alexandria hotspots documented, I just need to toss em up. I also have the hotspots from Knox I need to toss up, and I got Rosslyn/Georgetown pics the other day. Tomorrow I plan on taking some at this new fairfax spot... so we're making progress!!

and Cord, was that suppose to be a link? thanks!

Nah, but i'll post one when someone tells me how. -.-

hmmm....

• Legend
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2008, 08:14:09 PM »
Wait... where's the hotspot... is it a writeup or just images or what? ???

Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

Offline Chris Kessler

• Mangabey
  • iJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2008, 08:52:44 PM »
Me so sorry Leon!

And Knox, I did go off kinda randomly  :-X

I did it to someone else that day too!! I must've been in a bad mood.

Sorry errybody had to witness that!!

Hai is comin' in tomorrow, I'll have spot pic ready!!
"We don't stop playing because we grow up. We grow up because we stop playing."
-Tim "Livewire" Shieff

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2008, 11:01:23 PM »
Leon, I actually discovered while I was on vacation that my camera's broken, soooo... >_>...  But we should have some fun tomorrow.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

• Legend
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2008, 05:36:03 AM »
JERKS!  :P

Offline Cord Zwirner

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2008, 05:48:37 AM »
Wait... where's the hotspot... is it a writeup or just images or what? ???

Well, all I have is the location, and an image. The hotspot is the William and Mary Campus Ampitheater.

hmmm....

Offline Chris Kessler

• Mangabey
  • iJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2008, 07:27:07 AM »
Is W&M near historical Williamsburg? That'd be hilarious to do parkour while people are in costume and on tours.
"We don't stop playing because we grow up. We grow up because we stop playing."
-Tim "Livewire" Shieff

Offline AquaKong

• Guenons
  • Corey Kibling
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2008, 10:22:30 AM »
Yes it is, and yes it would!  What would be even better is to see some of the people in costume do pk!