Author Topic: sadly i must sit the whole summer out!!!!! :-(  (Read 3784 times)

Offline Jamie Crosby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
sadly i must sit the whole summer out!!!!! :-(
« on: June 01, 2008, 02:55:44 PM »
so sadly guys im gonna have to sit the rest of the summer out, or well at least till august according to the doctor.  :( The other day i was working on my standing fulls and after 3 perfect landings, I did not jump up enough on my take off and landed left foot flat, and right foot toes down into the grass. After much cussing, I realized that going toes down, bent my toes under and snapped 3 bones in my foot. I go in for surgery on it tomorrow, and he says it will be a 6 - 8 week healing process. I will still be around to help train and what not, but im going to be sitting on the sidelines all summer. I hope for a quick recovery, and safe training to all of you.

Offline BearMills

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Grizzly
    • View Profile
Re: sadly i must sit the whole summer out!!!!! :-(
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 03:14:12 PM »
Hey sorry about your foot. In the mean time you can still workout by Pushups/sit ups all the conditioning upper body and core stuff just no running. Best of luck for a quick recovery
Co-Founder

Offline Jamie Crosby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 05:45:29 PM »
haha I cant even do pushups. ive got 3 shattered bones in my foot and i cant put any pressure on my foot at all. upper body and healthy eating and alot of running around on crutches lol. ill still be around to attend the chatanooga jam to help teach techniques and what not just no training myself  :-[   im just pissed that right when i finally thought i had mastered the standing full, this goes and happens and shows that nobody is perfect. train hard, train smart, train safe.

Offline BearMills

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Grizzly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 05:58:32 PM »
Yeh, that really sucks have you tried pushups with your shattered foot behind your other foot? I don't know how severe it is or how bad it hurts but just a suggestion. Injuries i think is a part of understanding your body
and shows that nobody is perfect
, use this time to rethink how your going to come back with a stronger mindset and a stronger desire, use this injury to provide knowledge to the people who need it. Once again best of luck ;)
Co-Founder

Offline Jamie Crosby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 04:01:36 PM »
thank you for the kind words. as of today pushups are a no go. I have the crutches set so low that i have to use straight forearm strength to keep moving so that will help in the long run. I tried getting in the pool and i could feel my bones moving around haha so i think i need to sit out all physical activies for at least a week and just keep to pull ups, free weights, and muscle ups. And yes I will try my hardest to use this injury to help newcomers about the necesity of repetion and smart training. I will still be out at all the jams helping teach kids and show the consequences of movements when your mind is not in the right place. I will use this time to train my mind more than anything and I will come back even stronger than when I left. Thank you again for the support.

Offline BearMills

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Grizzly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 04:04:33 PM »
Hey thats what were for, every1 on this forum is like family we all care for each other
Co-Founder

Offline Jamie Crosby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 04:14:49 PM »
I know the kids in Chatanooga are wanting to have a jam sometime this summer so still count me in on that. Ill just be the guy on the crutches trying to teach without showing hahaha

Offline BearMills

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Grizzly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 04:21:41 PM »
Haha well don't worry im sure your help verbally will help a lot, i cant wait for summer which starts tomorrow for me. Since, I am done with school tomorrow i get to train non-stop (Thankyou!) and then i get to go to some jams create a free running crew and everything!  :P.  Wheres Chatanooga by the way? I live in San Diego
Co-Founder

Offline Jamie Crosby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 04:30:28 PM »
haha chatanooga is in TN. Im in nashville, well actually murfreesboro for school at MTSU. i actually might be around san diego this summer. Id ask to train with you but im a little worthless for the summer hahaha

Offline BearMills

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Grizzly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 04:41:04 PM »
Haha Well hit me up anyways Im sure me and my friend could sure use your help even verbally, My email should be on my profile and also my AIM is on there if you have one
Co-Founder

Offline Corey Cedeno

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 10:48:21 PM »
Haha loser.! [WTF]

Nah, Hope you get well soon.  See you soon and I'll bring you some aspirin and nyquil to make the pain go away.

Offline Xai Harasaki

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 08:30:18 AM »
Hey this is David from The Hara5aki Free running team. I'm one of the few who's in charge of the Jam here in Chattanooga. Here's the scoop. Our team found another team here in Chattanooga. We are getting the team's together, and mapping spots out. Though it maybe a while before we get all the spots completed. So for now, no jam until otherwise changed. But we will have a Jam soon hopefully.

Offline Xai Harasaki

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 08:31:34 AM »
And BTW, get well soon. Best of wishes with the foot, and a hopeful fast recovery.

Offline Nick Gordon

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 07:05:07 PM »
You could maybe work on muscle-ups if you're really careful about your landing.
Always open to training invites if you're in the Germantown/Collierville area, just message me on any of my contacts, email preferably.