Author Topic: Looking For Other Mainers  (Read 8326 times)

Offline Martin "Frozen" Schelasin

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Looking For Other Mainers
« on: May 21, 2008, 01:01:09 PM »
I'm 10 min.s out of Portland and just caught wind of Parkour and Free-Running...From what I've seen there are basically no traceurs in Maine, I'm 15 nearly 16 and was trying to find someone near by who knew any places I could learn the ropes, practice, etc. Or ideally someone I could meet up with and get taught by.

Offline Jonah.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Looking For Other Mainers
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 06:07:05 PM »
i also just started parkour. i live in livermore falls and i was wondering if anyone knew any good places to train.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 01:07:28 PM by tarak1300 »
why do we put whales back in the ocean? i mean.... useing the theory of evolution; they must be trying to evolve into an elephant!...or a toyota...idk wich one.....

Offline Martin "Frozen" Schelasin

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 05:44:41 AM »
i also just started parkour. i live in livermore falls and i was wondering if anyone knew any good places to train.

That kind of sucks for you mate, being so far inland you don't really have access to Portland, the Orono campus, or Augusta  :-\ and I've gone all the general hotspots through maine casue I went to the maritimes this summer and stopped all the good places on the way, I'd say just look around if you have a park with a lot of benches and maybe a small building that's probably as good as it's gonna get for you, other targets you should check out are any medium large town/city, gymnasiums, and the occasional skate park has stuff you can use, hope i helped a bit.

Good Luck,
Fr0z3n

Offline Jonah.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 02:06:48 PM »
where are some good places in augusta?
why do we put whales back in the ocean? i mean.... useing the theory of evolution; they must be trying to evolve into an elephant!...or a toyota...idk wich one.....

Offline Xswitch_bladeX

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 06:44:25 PM »
I live in Burnham (35-40 minutes north of Augusta), it out in the stix. I've followed Parkour and Freeruning for a while now and I finally decided To give it a try my self. so if there's any one thats driving distance shoot me an e-mail at xxlord_apexx@yahoo.com     

Offline mississippirunner

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 02:28:51 PM »
Hey everyone..  I'm originally from mississippi but am currently stationed in the brunswick area.  I'm looking for people that are interested in trying to get something together.  I'm just starting in Parkour/ free running trying to get back in shape.  hit me up if you wanna get together on a weekend or something.  chrisandkerry_05@yahoo.com

Offline Anthony Marvin

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 06:23:37 PM »
I can't believe I hadn't seen this forum part lol! I am currently living in Mechanic Falls, and I caught wind of Parkour about a year ago... I am 16 and I can meet anyone in the Brunswick, Lewiston and Portland Area (ok, Portland is like 40 mins, but I need people to practice with :( ) I hate that there are no traceurs in my area, and Mechanic Falls isn't a good area to train lol. I am really inexperienced (and a little on the chubby side) but I am gonna use Parkour to improve my physique.

Basically if you need someone to train with, I can help. just Pm me and i'll reply.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 06:25:08 PM by Anthony Marvin »

Offline Stevie Leifheit

• smexy dood
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • A1....like the sauce.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 05:37:53 PM »
hey I live in york. anybody near me?
Weight training alongside parkour always benefits, it never takes away.

Quote from: Joe Brock
It's like you are some kind of APK Angel...not the girly kind...but the big "Sodom destroying" ones!!!

Offline Majik

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 07:38:08 AM »
I'm over at UMaine in Orono....

Offline whiteybeans

• Guenons
  • The cure for fear is to take action upon it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 07:33:17 AM »
if you want to, the town in bethel is kinda good, roofs, rails, Gould highschool
The cure for fear is to take action upon it.

Fortune favors the bold.

Time takes us all.

Offline Leetphailure

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 09:21:35 AM »
I come to maine every summer for a few months so maybe we can meet up, Im only 12 though but I also stay just south of portland. I'll post again when I get there.

Offline Greeeg the squiiirrel

• Mangabey
  • Wicked good, bub
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 07:48:25 PM »
You would be better off on the Neparkour.com forum. There is a decent amount of us active there.
Heck with drugs and alcohol. I get high off exercise. Feel those endorphins pump.
We all come from the same place, all trying to get to point B.
http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,26135.msg317244.html#msg317244

Offline Tucker Richards

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 03:35:41 PM »
I'm in Winthrop, I go to Augusta a lot, there're not a lot of places but when I find some I'll let you know. I'm open to any one who lives closer then Stevie. haha!
"A boy goes to exhaustion, a man goes to failure... and keeps going:" -Stevie Leifheit-

Offline sparky8251

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 07:19:24 PM »
I live in Poland and can easily meet up with people in the LA area and less often in Portland due to the distance.

I'm totally new to parkour but I'd like to use it to stay in shape.

Name's Tyler and you can email me at tparisi8251 @ gmail.com if you'd like to meet up.