Author Topic: Colorado Springs Gazette 3-3-2006  (Read 3910 times)

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
Re: Colorado Springs Gazette 3-3-2006
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 12:24:31 PM »
Ugh!! Skateboarding without a skateboard!! :)

Over all a nice, positive article though.
Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Offline Quazar

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Whatup my Ninja?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 02:36:55 PM »
Oh, excellent, guess you must have heard that I wasn't sure where to post one of these, now we've got a whole new section.

I just want to note that the other two guys from Colorado springs that were mentioned but not named are Altimot and Cheetah on these forums.  Kind of a rip that they didn't get the recognition they deserved, but the reporter later e-mailed them with an apology, and he expressed an interest in doing another story the next time there is some large event.

"In heaven, we'll all freerun with Jesus"
                           ..."His Kongs are off the hook!"

Offline Altimot

• Hirundo Rustica
  • its al (like the name) /tea/ mot (rhymes with not)
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 02:51:13 PM »
Ugh!! Skateboarding without a skateboard!! :)

Over all a nice, positive article though.

i know! i cant believe he wrote that. We were saying that we try to stay away from the skater type of reputation and that we try hard not to come across like a bunch of punk skaters. oh well. ::)

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 05:54:17 PM »
It is kinda lame being compared to skateboarders, but I don't think the reporter meant that as a bad thing.  What I thought was pretty siily was that he said "freejumping", at least he only said it once ;).  I'm glad to be "one of the three Air Academy students".  I was hoping that Pd or AC woud post some of the pics that they took.  I think they got some pretty good ones of us messing around.  Hopefully when they get settled we'll see a vid and a whole bunch of pics. :)
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 06:04:38 PM »
out of curiosity, who set this article up? tempest or the springs guys?

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 06:10:56 PM »
I'm not positive, but I'm about 99% sure it was the tempest guys.  All I can say for sure is that "it wasn't me" ;)
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline Altimot

• Hirundo Rustica
  • its al (like the name) /tea/ mot (rhymes with not)
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 06:46:20 PM »
the tempest guys got a call from the gazette, but they were just gonna talk with them. They actually messaged me while i was in school and said that they could still jam with us. So, I took a "bathroom break" and called PD and my mom and Dan (quazar, who wasn't at school yet) to try and get it to happen (even though i had only been in school for an hour lol). So my mom finally said ok and called my school to tell them i had a "dentist appointment" and picked me up from school (she's so cool) and i asked Dan to call anybody els who wanted to come and he messaged cheetah and he came during the lunch hour. We missed the rest of the school day to go pk, it was awesome!! :D

Offline Quazar

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Whatup my Ninja?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 12:12:35 PM »
Yeah that was Tempest, funny how we were right there under their noses the whole time and never get much interest but as soon as these guys from out of state show up they're game for an article.  I guess media interest is much easier to attract than we thought, I just need to speak up.  Regardless, now we have a local identity and the gazette has expressed interest in setting up another story.  I had been talking with a gazette photographer since far before this, so maybe with a little more planning time we can have a photographer come along and shoot in the future.

That whole morning was quite a crazy event for all of us, I had actually stayed home from school because I felt sick as a dog when I then got a message from AC about getting together.  We then had to communicate (in class for most) over cell phone and figure out where we would be meeting with all of like an hour to plan with, so it was on an off the phone with Jimmy, Josh and the rest, while I wasn't even sure I would be able to stand. 

It was basically like, "God, please let me be well for like the next couple of hours so I can get this job done and then you can unleash all fury on me." :)  My stomach...condition ??? went away for the next couple of hours and we were all able to perform at our fullest with the guys (which is a miracle in itself considering the heavy jamming we had been doing up in Denver the day before.) 

We hit two hotspots, Tiffany Square and the UCCS campus before we said our goodbuys and the guys hit the road for Albuquerque I think (no clue how you spell that).

Promptly afterwards my sickness returned and I spent the rest of the day more or less in terrible pain but I could still keep a smile on my face because of how awesome the whole weekend worked out. ;D

I guess that's really pretty much my personal write-up for the "mini-jam", all in all we ended up with a pretty good article and a pretty good day.  ...How's that for optimism ;)

"In heaven, we'll all freerun with Jesus"
                           ..."His Kongs are off the hook!"